ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Stowers propaganda rebuttal

So the “real fans” are the ones that hate the coach, hate the league we play in, believe that all of these (non existent) “advantages” mean we should win every game, but that winning is no accomplishment, and pine away all day for a league that pretends to be something it isn’t and which is causing its teams to bleed money by the buckets full.

Got it.

Who the hell is DD?

Umm, the basketball coach. The master of the meaningless phrase. “We just wanted it more” “We gave 110%” “We need to play 40 minutes” “Our guys gave everything they had” and other truisms and slogans. The substitute for having an actual plan.

Reactions: johns1124
Go become a fan of a school like Rice or New Mexico State where none of the fanbase cares if they win or lose.

There are too many real fans of Marshall Football to sit back and let you contribute to that mentality.
Good point, Passion is what makes programs good

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Umm, the basketball coach. The master of the meaningless phrase. “We just wanted it more” “We gave 110%” “We need to play 40 minutes” “Our guys gave everything they had” and other truisms and slogans. The substitute for having an actual plan.

LMAOOOO you have to be kidding, right? You’re actually saying Dan D’Antoni uses more coach speak than Doc?

Why don't you see if Doc can diagram a play that could be used in the Tri State Youth Football League.

More proof you've actually never listened to Holliday.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Oh, Sam. I just gave you kuddos about Landon, and now you stray down another dark path. Doc has a plan? Please tell us what that plan is.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I don't listen to him. I've said it many times: I am not a Marshall basketball fan. I'll root for MU, and I will tell you if they are good or shitty (this one), but it really does not matter to me.

Not much worse than rooting for one part of a college or program but not another. Like these dingoes who root for Notre Dame and Duke in football and basketball. If you aren't part of the program in some fashion, then there is no being a 'fan' of them. It's not pro sports. Being from the same state can be an exception, or perhaps a family member attending that college when it is out of state. I would even give an exception to liking Notre Dame because you are Catholic, however that has fallen off the map too due to the fact ND has turned into a liberal center of free thinkers and safe spaces just like most public institutions. And that last part is not relevant to my point, just stating what happened to ND and why they don't apply anymore in the 'I only root for this sport at that college' argument.

Reactions: The Real SamC
LMAOOOO you have to be kidding, right? You’re actually saying Dan D’Antoni uses more coach speak than Doc?

All coaches use “coach speak”. Dabo, Saban, K, Cal, Coach O, Stoops, Doc, whoever. It is fodder for the media, gives them their sound bites and such. The difference is that, in the background they are all thinking and plotting and planing about the next game. Coach speak is often a cover for actually saying something the other side might use.

The difference is DD thinks coach speak IS COACHING. He actually thinks that “we want it more” and such like is how you win.

All coaches use “coach speak”. Dabo, Saban, K, Cal, Coach O, Stoops, Doc, whoever. It is fodder for the media, gives them their sound bites and such. The difference is that, in the background they are all thinking and plotting and planing about the next game. Coach speak is often a cover for actually saying something the other side might use.

The difference is DD thinks coach speak IS COACHING. He actually thinks that “we want it more” and such like is how you win.

Seems silly to be criticizing the coach that did the impossible, got the Herd to the big dance. Not to mention, a coach that brought Marshall more national attention in doing so than what Doc has been able to do in 10 years. I appreciate Dan’s honesty and he’ll say whatever is on his mind. Remember his postgame presser after the UAB home game last season? Doc would never put it all out there like that.

Reactions: mlblack16.
If you believe winning, ONCE, a one-bid league where one-third of the teams make a nominal effort. In effect matching the accomplishments of dozens and dozens of mid-major and one-bid coaches every year, is doing the “impossible”, you are accepting mediocrity.

If you believe winning, ONCE, a one-bid league where one-third of the teams make a nominal effort. In effect matching the accomplishments of dozens and dozens of mid-major and one-bid coaches every year, is doing the “impossible”, you are accepting mediocrity.

Well it hadn’t been done in over 31 YEARS. That’s a long, long time. And what is being a Doc defender doing? You say what the basketball team did is just what everyone else does, then how is getting to a bowl game where 80 teams are bowl eligible any better? Defending the football program is accepting mediocrity.

Well it hadn’t been done in over 31 YEARS. That’s a long, long time.

Sure is. A sad testimony to the incompetence of Dwight Freeman, Greg White, Ron Jirsa, Donnie Jones, and Tom Herrion. One and out Altman and two and out Donovan get a pass, nobody in their right minds turns down the (at the time) Big 8 or SEC.

how is getting to a bowl game where 80 teams are bowl eligible any better?

Ask our friends up in Morgantown. Or Maryland, Georgia Tech, South Florida, Houston, Arizona, Ole Miss, UCLA, Stanford, South Carolina, Nebraska, Colorado, or any of the 52 teams that did not make it.

It is 10 years of success versus a lucky 8 days.

Sure is. A sad testimony to the incompetence of Dwight Freeman, Greg White, Ron Jirsa, Donnie Jones, and Tom Herrion. One and out Altman and two and out Donovan get a pass, nobody in their right minds turns down the (at the time) Big 8 or SEC.

Ask our friends up in Morgantown. Or Maryland, Georgia Tech, South Florida, Houston, Arizona, Ole Miss, UCLA, Stanford, South Carolina, Nebraska, Colorado, or any of the 52 teams that did not make it.

This is blatantly disrespectful to Dan D’Antoni. Imagine being such a Doc homer that you completely disregard what Dan has done. He inherited at least as bad of a program, if not worse, than what Doc inherited.

5-7 = success
3-9 = success
Getting embarrassed repeatedly on our home field = success
Choking away multiple division titles = success
But achieving something for the first time in program history that 1/3 of D1 teams have never done = 8 lucky days.

5-7 = success
3-9 = success
Getting embarrassed repeatedly on our home field = success
Choking away multiple division titles = success
But achieving something for the first time in program history that 1/3 of D1 teams have never done = 8 lucky days.

Just pure disrespect. The guy actually called that run lucky. Man, it must be exhausting being a Doc defender.

And BOOM, there it is. The perennial boot licker shows himself and his brown nosing agenda.

This message board is off the rails. **** like this should be considered personal attacks and posters should be reprimanded.

For example, I should not be able to say things like “Its idiots like you that offer nothing to the conversation”. Or another one is “judging by the way you immediately resort to attacks I assume you weight 500 lbs with your tiny dick and diet of Fat Patty’s”. Or, “my bet is you will probably die of diabetes.”

Here’s the nuts and bolts folks. I come on here a few times a year to vent about the Herd. But mainly, I peruse the recruiting stuff and, at times, try and see if there’s any info on bowl games, injuries, etc.

So I know none of you and have zero skin in the game. (And honestly, I’m glad that’s the case).

But you all suck to each other. And mist of you have ZERO perspective or clue to anything. Actually, it’s embarrassing. And that’s for those on both sides - for Doc/against Doc, for Hamrick/against Hamrick, etc. Just a lot of people that have low IQs.

With experience in chatting on other boards. It’s not like this at all. You debate and argue the post, it the poster.

So, if we are all going to just lobby insults at one another, I’ll keep it going. Huntington is a **** hole and most of the people that live there are also **** holes. Is that good? Does that fly here?

Being from the same state can be an exception

If you had been around here long enough to have more than one post, you would probably know I am a native Hoosier and life-long Indiana basketball fan. I am also a life-long Cincinnati Reds fan. I cannot remember a time when I was not a fan of these teams, it is just how I was raised.

College football was not really popular around here when I was a kid, unless you were Catholic and liked Notre Dame, so I never had a college football team to root for until I was a freshman at Marshall in 1989. I cannot recall a single childhood friend that gave a single shit about Indiana football. NFL, a mix of Bengals, Bears, and Cowboys fans. This was long before the Baltimore Colts sneaked off in the middle of the night for Indianapolis, an act so treacherous I refuse to root for the Colts to this day.

Well, the football team has only been "lucky" once in the last 10 years. Sam, how can you bash the bball side for not being successful, but not do the same for the unsuccessful fball side?

So the “real fans” are the ones that hate the coach, hate the league we play in, believe that all of these (non existent) “advantages” mean we should win every game, but that winning is no accomplishment, and pine away all day for a league that pretends to be something it isn’t and which is causing its teams to bleed money by the buckets full.

Got it.
Don’t forget that they either don’t give at all or give minimally

As soon as the football side is unsuccessful, give me a call.

Ring, ring....it's for you, someone named, "Reality?"

il_570xN.1373478218_a8w5.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT