ADVERTISEMENT

Dang Tiger

My goodness Webb.
unless Webb utterly collapses it's hard to imagine anyone, let alone Tiger, beating him. so far, he's set a course record, a 36 hole record, and a 54 hole scoring record.

Last edited:
certainly a component of that to many of the haters. I am not saying that about country roads. They didn't like seeing Arnold, Hogan, Phil Mickelson, etc. being crushed and they didn't want him to beat Jack's record.

I was playing golf one time and was using a Nike golf ball. Didn't really think about it and a guy says I would never play that *****r ball that Tiger Woods uses. Right in the fairway. WTF? Guy was from Ohio and did not want to see Jack being threatened.

certainly a component of that to many of the haters. I am not saying that about country roads. They didn't like seeing Arnold, Hogan, Phil Mickelson, etc. being crushed and they didn't want him to beat Jack's record.

I was playing golf one time and was using a Nike golf ball. Didn't really think about it and a guy says I would never play that *****r ball that Tiger Woods uses. Right in the fairway. WTF? Guy was from Ohio and did not want to see Jack being threatened.
. . . you were surprised? people from ohio suck.

Reactions: Marine03
. . . you were surprised? people from ohio suck.
I was getting ready to hit my ball. Same bunch of guys told me they would rather play Muirfield Village instead of Augusta National. The Muifield in Ohio which is a fine course, but nobody would pick it over Augusta National.

I really dislike Tiger and it has nothing to do with his race. I would love to see Varner kick some ass. My dislike for Tiger has everything to do with his lack of character and basically being a complete asshole. I’ve seen him walk by fans during a practice round and completely ignore them the entire round. I’ve heard the stories of drivers picking him up at the airport for a personal limo shuttle and the drivers never being greeted. Tiger walks straight off the plane and straight to the car without ever greeting anyone while others get his baggage and place it in the car. However, I will say this....kudos to him for tossing his ball among the kids standing by the ropes between 17 and 18 after just double bogeying 17 yesterday.

I really dislike Tiger and it has nothing to do with his race. I would love to see Varner kick some ass. My dislike for Tiger has everything to do with his lack of character and basically being a complete asshole. I’ve seen him walk by fans during a practice round and completely ignore them the entire round. I’ve heard the stories of drivers picking him up at the airport for a personal limo shuttle and the drivers never being greeted. Tiger walks straight off the plane and straight to the car without ever greeting anyone while others get his baggage and place it in the car. However, I will say this....kudos to him for tossing his ball among the kids standing by the ropes between 17 and 18 after just double bogeying 17 yesterday.
So how about the millions he has donated to charity and his foundation? In 2012 he gave 12 million of his own earnings. I don't know what that number is up to now. Countless work and donation to the military community.

So, he can be an asshole. OK. Can you imagine if he had to stop at every kid or every person in a crowd? Not every popular figure is going to be peaches and cream all the time.

I also heard a Nike ball called a n-@@3r ball, and that Nike should paint it black, but I'm not sure which WV golfer was being threatened by Tiger, since I heard that at Riveria.

Reactions: i am herdman

Tiger is an asshole....Jordan and LeBron assholes....Tom Brady is an asshole....see a pattern here?

Ok. So he is a very popular asshole and I dislike him....and I am in the minority....extremely small minority. Got it.

Tiger isnt perfect. But he's definitely making an effort. I've seen him high fiving kids along the ropes during the round in every tournament this year. He NEVER did that during his prime. He's mended fences with Phil and they have a decent relationship now where they talk trash to each other and have fun with it.

Did Tiger make a mess of his personal life? He sure did and he payed the price. Hopefully he learned from it. But it always seems somewhat ironic when my Trump loving friends are also Tiger haters for reasons of morality. And most people hated Tiger looong before his personal transgressions came to light. They just become the focus when they were revealed. These were the same people who hated the early attention he got and swore he would never live up to the hype. When he did they just switched gears on what to hate him about.

I personally hope he's finding some peace. It looks like he's improving in that department. But the haters are going to hate no matter what.

Tiger isnt perfect. But he's definitely making an effort. I've seen him high fiving kids along the ropes during the round in every tournament this year. He NEVER did that during his prime. He's mended fences with Phil and they have a decent relationship now where they talk trash to each other and have fun with it.

Did Tiger make a mess of his personality life? He sure did and he payed the price. Hopefully he learned from it. But it always seems somewhat ironic when my Trump loving friends are also Tiger haters for reasons of morality. And most people hated Tiger looong before his personal transgressions came to light. They just become the focus when they were revealed. These were the same people who hated the early attention he got and swore he would never live up to the hype. When he did they just switched gears on what to hate him about.

I personally hope he's finding some peace. It looks like he's improving in that department. But the haters are going to hate no matter what.

Some people don't like a winner.

Tiger got busted with all the problems. How many stories could the locker on the PGA tour provide? Especially in the older days before 24 hour media.

Plus, he seems to have changed a lot with age and his experiences.

Back in the day there those that did not like Jack. He could come across as arrogant as well. He was focused like Tiger. People didn't like Jack because he was beating Arnold Palmer.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
If you want to get the portrait of asshole read up on Patrick Reed. This guy has alienated himself from everyone in his life since high school. He was kicked out of Georgia. He was accused of cheating and stealing money from his teammates. He’s been arrested several times in college for drinking incidents. He hasn’t spoke to his own family in six years although they’ve made every effort to reconcile. He and his wife had his mom and dad thrown out of a golf tournament because they came to see him play. They live only a few miles from Augusta National and couldn’t even come and watch their son play. They celebrated his victory from their home in tears. After his 3rd victory on tour he proclaimed himself the top 5 golfer in the world.

From his college days at Georgia and his transfer to Augusta State to the PGA he’s left a trail of people who despise him. His teammates at Augusta told an opponent of his in match play that they really wanted to win the national championship but would love to see him beat their teammate. In the national championship match play final he refused to conced a putt inside two feet to his opponent after his opponent conceded a longer putt. (His opponent missed the putt.) This guy is such an ass you almost feel sorry for him because you know he’s fighting demons.

The greatest athletes have something in them that makes them great, but that same ingredient also breaks them socially.

I think it goes beyond athletes. Most of the "greats" simply have a internal competitive drive that most/all others do not possess. A work ethic that most/all others can not maintain. And a level of confidence that most/all others despise.

Reactions: HerdFan73

You want me to name my friends' names? lol

At no point did I say that I was referring to anyone on Pullman. What I referred to has been my experience among my friends that don't like Tiger. Most of them love Trump. That's irony. The sample size is small and purely anecdotal. But then again I never drew any conclusions from it either. Not one time did I conclude that this was the way it was everywhere. The point you are trying to make with your question takes totally ignoring what I said in search of some gotcha moment. It doesn't exist anywhere but in your head. I made a personal observation about the hypocrisy of a few of my friends. That's all. Move along. Nothing to see here.

At no point did I say that I was referring to anyone on Pullman. What I referred to has been my experience among my friends that don't like Tiger. Most of them love Trump. That's irony. The sample size is small and purely anecdotal. But then again I never drew any conclusions from it either. Not one time did I conclude that this was the way it was everywhere. The point you are trying to make with your question takes totally ignoring what I said in search of some gotcha moment. It doesn't exist anywhere but in your head. I made a personal observation about the hypocrisy of a few of my friends. That's all. Move along. Nothing to see here.

Asking "who" is now a "gotcha moment"? I wasn't trying to make a point. Just wondering who (on here) you may be suggesting. Stop letting your "non ideological" opinions color your responses to a simple question.

Reactions: GK4Herd
The greatest athletes have something in them that makes them great, but that same ingredient also breaks them socially.

I believe that at a certain point one's competitive drive has to make one an asshole. Total focus and a killer mindset are not socially enduring. Talent itself only takes one so far.

Reactions: HerdFan73

Trump and Tiger are pals.

And, I know who the best golfer of all time is and his initials are ETW

Reactions: GK4Herd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT