ADVERTISEMENT

Defense Wins Championships

johnathan h

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2010
We’re gonna test that theory this season...

But I’m cautiously optimistic.

We’ll learn a lot in Murfreesboro this Friday on real national television (ESPN2).

Making the trip to see us deliver the result.

Reactions: ohio herd
Our defense is OK but not as good as many are proclaiming. We are 5-1 but we have beat no one of note. Before the season started a win at Cincy would have been considered a BIG win. But having watched the game and looking at the Bearcats other results I can say that winning there was not that big of a deal. Cincy is terrible. I'm not sure we are better than 5 or 6 other CUSA teams even though there is not an outstanding team in the entire league. But I hope I'm wrong & you are right and our D dominates.

We’re gonna test that theory this season...

But I’m cautiously optimistic.

We’ll learn a lot in Murfreesboro this Friday on real national television (ESPN2).

Making the trip to see us deliver the result.

If Marshall wins, this statement should be revisited in a few weeks, because I know you're gonna spin it and say, "Well MTSU wasn't good, so because we beat them, we aren't good either."

Funny how terrified people were of the schedule and "well Miami will be a true test as well as Cincy and NC State" and now minus NC State, people are acting like there was nothing to be afraid of to begin with.

If Marshall wins, this statement should be revisited in a few weeks, because I know you're gonna spin it and say, "Well MTSU wasn't good, so because we beat them, we aren't good either."

Funny how terrified people were of the schedule and "well Miami will be a true test as well as Cincy and NC State" and now minus NC State, people are acting like there was nothing to be afraid of to begin with.

Well because nobody expected Miami and Cincy to be compete garbage. Especially Miami.

I believe we are a fundamentally sound team in all three phases.

We are struggling getting the offense going...but when we wear teams down we take over near the end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT