ADVERTISEMENT

Etiquette Question: Giving Yourself a Nickname

SamSwimmer

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 16, 2015
Serious question, if you found out someone gave themselves a nickname (they picked it) & instead of you calling them by their name, they demand you use the nickname they want themselves, would you do it? I'm not talking like a shortened version of their name, like Charles to Chuck - but something like "Lefty" instead of Charles.

Serious question, if you found out someone gave themselves a nickname (they picked it) & instead of you calling them by their name, they demand you use the nickname they want themselves, would you do it? I'm not talking like a shortened version of their name, like Charles to Chuck - but something like "Lefty" instead of Charles.
i'd call them something else, like "dumbass".

Coach Prime agrees.

Coach Prime agrees.
He explained that the nickname was bestowed upon him by a childhood friend back in high school after he had a dominant basketball performance. “I'd already earned 'Prime Time' in high school.

Would anyone go along with their self-proclaimed nickname or would you consider it a red flag?

Reactions: Jartard
Nope. Can't do it. Absolute no-no under man law. A guy doing that has outed themselves as a dork for all time.

Nope. Can't do it. Absolute no-no under man law. A guy doing that has outed themselves as a dork for all time.
tenor.gif

Reactions: ThunderCat98
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT