ADVERTISEMENT

Exhibition Basketball Game

Nov 29, 2011
From what I see with this Marshall team tonight we are lacking true guards. I didn't stay for the entire game so changes could have been made in the 2nd half. The full court press by a good team will give us major problems. I do realize this is the first time these young men have played against different players outside of practice. Hopefully DD will find the right 5 with the right chemistry. GO Herd!!

Well, I just looked at the “live stats” feature on Herdzone:

Share Game Link on Facebook
Share Game Link on Twitter
  • Font size: 16px
  • Summary
  • Team Stats
  • Leaders
  • Play-by-Play
  • Split Box
    Main Details
    Team Names 1 2 F
    Glenville_State-.png
    GSCMB
    EXH.
    35 31 66
    marshall_200x200.png
    MAR
    EXH.
    45 55 100
    The stats are very detailed. Also noted attendance @ 5270. Not bad for 1st time vs someone other than us!
    Go Herd!!!!

I think this team will have trouble with making jump shots. I know they are young and hope they improve but what I have seen in practice and the game last night this could be a problem ( a consistent knockdown shooter.)

Agree that shooting must improve. Thought Beyers looked really improved, J. Dillon plays good defense, and the 7 footer has a soft touch inside. And of course Kinsey is Kinsey (exciting) and West still the best defensive player on the floor. Didn’t realize this team only has 1 senior. Will get better and better.

From what I saw last night, our transition game is much improved -- just about everybody can pass. We are long and lanky -- rebounding will be much better: Beyers, Goran, Tavy, Jannson, Darius, Iran, Marko. Lots of outlet passes were thrown; yes, some of them rather ragged.

As for the bigs, we can go smooth (Goran) or power inside (Iran). These two will spell one another.

Cam's contribution was a big surprise -- great to see him finally breakout. The three-point shooting is there; I've witnessed it too many times in practice But there wasn't a lot of opportunity to take them last night.

The defense can be ferocious. Dillon and West dove after every loose ball. Jerrod's overall game has improved and he exhibits great leadership.

Taylor didn't play. I guess that his first-semester eligibility may still be pending. He will be the best treat of all.

What I liked best was the more balanced scoring. Just like Danny said it would be. Opposing teams won't be able to key on anybody. There is also a lot of depth.

It's hard to take anything out of an exhibition game. Afterward and as expected, Danny commented that there was a lot that needs correction.

In summation, there will be growing pains and certainly, we'll stub our toe a time or two, but I think we'll be pretty good by the time the end of the season rolls around. Now I'm not touting that we are going out there (I'll be in South Bend!) and beat Nortre Dame or upset Florida. On the other hand, it's going to be fun and you can make book there will be no 7th to 11-th place C-USA finish.

Next year? Time to bring back "The Herd" uniforms...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT