ADVERTISEMENT

Game tonite vs Rice........

should not be close! Been waiting for us to put one away early, and this is prob the most likely chance we'll get the rest of the reg season. Offense should be able to do their thang.....

Go HERD !!!
Sure hope you're right, if not playing in an empty Rice arena, I'd agree. Sometimes teams play down to their competition level, hope that doesn't happen to us tonight as moving on to NTSU won't be that easy. Heard the Herd got to visit with MD's locker room / team, etc. Did anyone read that?

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Well, we didn't exactly dominate tonight.

Instead of asking why is Dan allowed to have his team play so badly to a team that lost their top 1,2,3,4 scorers and head coach at the start of this season, I'll just treat it like a close football win.

We bent but did not break. We simply cannot allow them to have any sort of momentum in these games. Dan's team has a history of sitting on leads, and it allows teams to come back and win. We led by as much as 10 in the 1st half and fou d ourselves down early 2nd half. Why? It became a back and forth battle for no real reason.

I will say, Elmore tied the team with the 2nd most rebounds at 7...and had a ton of points.
One thing that stood out to me. Our bench needs to score more. We have 3 starters who score pretty much all the points. If we are gonna win CUSA, we need to spread the wealth since all these guys are scorers.
It reminds me of that old UTEP team who had really only 3 superb players and scorers, then the rest sorta fed them the ball.
Then again, maybe its Dan's method, cause he played his bench alot tonight. It'd just be more difficult for defensed to defend everyone scoring as opposed to really 3.
Our depth helped, and bench time has helped our players play better with one another.

Herd stays in till Saturday to play North Texas. They took WKU to the wire and OT, they will be out for us.

Its no secret that this team desperately needs to rebound better and protect the rim better... Hopefully with the big men we have coming in next year that will be fixed.

Overall, a road win is a road win... Now on to the big fish of this road trip in Denton. If we want to put a strangle hold on the #4 seed and the all important bye that goes with it, Saturday's game is massive.

Its no secret that this team desperately needs to rebound better and protect the rim better... Hopefully with the big men we have coming in next year that will be fixed.

Overall, a road win is a road win... Now on to the big fish of this road trip in Denton. If we want to put a strangle hold on the #4 seed and the all important bye that goes with it, Saturday's game is massive.

Hardly a big fish when you're 14-12 and 7-6 in conference as North Texas.

If we don't beat North Texas, that 4th seed is gonna be even further distant...it will also say that this team is not one that could win C-USA.

NOT NEXT YEAR YET. GEEZ

Hardly a big fish when you're 14-12 and 7-6 in conference as North Texas.

If we don't beat North Texas, that 4th seed is gonna be even further distant...it will also say that this team is not one that could win C-USA.

Compared to Rice, North Texas is the 1994 Houston Rockets... In terms of games of importance the rest of the season, and getting a bye in the CUSA tourney, tonights is the biggest.

Our lack of rebounding and interior defense isnt going to be fixed this year. We simply dont have the players.

Whose team, and players, is it? Who brought in Nikolic, Milan, Thieneman, Bledsoe, Koljanin, Dozic? Not to mention Allison and Thompson, who left early. So if we don't have the players this year, simply where does the fault lie?

Whose team, and players, is it? Who brought in Nikolic, Milan, Thieneman, Bledsoe, Koljanin, Dozic? Not to mention Allison and Thompson, who left early. So if we don't have the players this year, simply where does the fault lie?
......olde quit your b!tchin’! Oh yeah - 2-0 Tejas road trip & one win away from 20! No one, NO ONE, saw this coming. Dan is doing a great job of getting the team to buy in, and take the pressure off of the players in crunch time. On to the Cam! Beat ODU!!

7e4.jpg

......olde quit your b!tchin’! Oh yeah - 2-0 Tejas road trip & one win away from 20! No one, NO ONE, saw this coming. Dan is doing a great job of getting the team to buy in, and take the pressure off of the players in crunch time. On to the Cam! Beat ODU!!

Not Bitching, just stating FACTS. One reason why we have some deficiencies in certain areas is due to attrition. Just the way it is. We're doing fine despite that fact. But can't change the reason why we have shortcomings in some facets of the game. Don't let your tighty whities get in a bunch, W-S!

A relative, perhaps, RHF, who likes to SUCK??

olde - you gotta develop a thick skin around here, pard! Here’s the biggest difference between you n me:

You’re focused on what we don’t have. I’m focused on what we have, which is a team learning how to win close that’s fun to watch! Come to the game next week & I’ll buy you a beer after we kick ODU’s ass. Oh by the way, I‘ll be the one wearing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbv92fz9il2ebxt/Photo Feb 17, 23 01 58.jpg?dl=0

Go Herd!!

Call it a day and get some sleep.

Come back refreshed tomorrow and give us a better effort.

You’d think there would be a meme for what you just said. I mean...one of the reasons I even use this board is your memes. How do you cancel your subscription to the free board? Alumni Only board from here on out for this guy.

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
You’d think there would be a meme for what you just said. I mean...one of the reasons I even use this board is your memes. How do you cancel your subscription to the free board? Alumni Only board for here on out for this guy.

:eek:

Reactions: GK4Herd
Im pretty sure when DD recruited the guys mentioned above he thought they would be better... I highly doubt he purposely recruited big guys that cant rebound or defend.

That said. I also assume he sees us getting killed in the paint pretty much every game and his upcoming recruiting class will address that.

Reactions: sistersville
olde - you gotta develop a thick skin around here, pard! Here’s the biggest difference between you n me:

You’re focused on what we don’t have. I’m focused on what we have, which is a team learning how to win close that’s fun to watch! Come to the game next week & I’ll buy you a beer after we kick ODU’s ass. Oh by the way, I‘ll be the one wearing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbv92fz9il2ebxt/Photo Feb 17, 23 01 58.jpg?dl=0

Go Herd!!

Thanks, W-S HerdFan, but will have to pass on the beer. Too long of a drive home afterwards and want to be totally clear headed to enjoy the whipping we (hopefully) put on ODU!!

And, as usual, I'll be proundly sporting my Kelly Green!

Agree with the assessment about improvement up front next year. Instead of being reed thin in the forecourt, we will have twin towers with . . . . BULK!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT