ADVERTISEMENT

Great political ad

Yep, I agree. Legalize it. Waste of time prosecuting it.

Another thing I've given in on and up on in my old age. There are so many potheads there's no way to put a lid on them.

Really, I don't even blame them anymore. Shit's so nerve racking, if you can calm down or ease your pain with it then I say enjoy.

The notion that legalizing marijuana reduces illegal sales is bullsh*t.
No shit, because when the government grants corporate monopolies and taxes the shit out of something the black market will provide a better choice.

What we see is not true FULL legalization. Colorado? You can only grow six plants, and only three may be budding at a time. You should be able to grow a garden full of pot, same as tomatoes. Hell grow an acre. California, the state tax isn't too bad (like $10 an ounce), but then there are local taxes too, and you end up paying $40 in taxes on an ounce. Taxes should be minimal, sales tax and a small excise tax like on beer. If a six pack of Miller suddenly cost $20 we'd be buying black market beer too.

Of course there are advantages to buying from the dispensary vs the black market, the biggest being consistency and testing. You know what you are getting, and you know it's not covered in pesticides.

But that's always the argument, right? Legalize it and tax the hell out of it. Heck I've even said that in the past. All you're doing is upping the game for illegal sales - making them more profitable and more dangerous.

And the notion of legalization absent heavy taxes??? Pffffft. Uncle Sugar isn't letting that revenue go. You know how many utterly worthless social programs the dems in Cali and Colorado can fund with that money?

But that's always the argument, right? Legalize it and tax the hell out of it. Heck I've even said that in the past. All you're doing is upping the game for illegal sales - making them more profitable and more dangerous.

And the notion of legalization absent heavy taxes??? Pffffft. Uncle Sugar isn't letting that revenue go. You know how many utterly worthless social programs the dems in Cali and Colorado can fund with that money?
Not enough. But if the tax is so high nobody is buying legally you don’t get tax revenue. But it’s not; a lot of weed is being sold legally.

Unless you think legalization increased demand by at least as much as how much legal weed is being sold it has to have eaten into the illegal market.

Legalize it and tax the hell out of it.
Tax it for retail, sure. Just not the hell out of it.

And the notion of legalization absent heavy taxes??? Pffffft. Uncle Sugar isn't letting that revenue go.
You catch more flies with honey...lower the taxes to compete with the black market.

Also you have the issues with no all counties in these states allow sales. That's just dumb. Look how Kentucky is with bootlegging.

Since my link is now down:

Also, the guy she's interviewing is based out of Cali.

Don't misunderstand - I don't disagree with this statement, I just don't think the politicians will go along with that idea.
Apparently this man will lol.

Back to the ad...is this not a great ad? He has another you probably won't agree with, but this dude understands using visuals to make a point.

I'm going to send him $20 just for having balls, like Jimmy Burke giving Spider a hundred for having balls...I just hope he doesn't get shot like Spider lol.

Yeah, I do not really understand that argument either.

What is your opinion on taxes?
Republican candidate: They need to be eliminated/greatly reduced.

What is your opinion on marijuana?
Republican candidate: We should tax the hell out of it.

What is your opinion on taxes?
Republican candidate: They need to be eliminated/greatly reduced.

Then they go on and spend like drunken sailors anyway.

They're a lot of lip service. We're pretty much down to voting for cultural differences, because fiscally both parties are nothing but mass welfare expansion. Bill Clinton may be the most conservative president of my lifetime.

W and Trump both got in there and went hog wild with spending money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT