ADVERTISEMENT

Half time show

Just wait, the critics will say it was the best ever. We all know why.

That was not good and enjoy Snoop Dog because I think he is funny and a brigth guy. But, that was not good and had no redeming musical quality.

You’re old it wasn’t made for you gramps. That was made for the 30-40 somethings. And it was one of the best half time shows in a loooooong time. Prince will be hard to top but this was pretty close

No way, sometimes cool is not really cool and that was not cool.

Did they lip sync or not?

I'm just glad someone was still out there tonight salting and plowing the roads. It got shitty again, but ODOT has no lifers working there to keep the roads open for other no lifers.

Super Bowl, I just don't care. Does that and the Nissan make me Japanese now?

Just wait, the critics will say it was the best ever. We all know why.

That was not good and enjoy Snoop Dog because I think he is funny and a brigth guy. But, that was not good and had no redeming musical quality.
I’m not a critic but I’m white AF and that was the best halftime show I ever remember.

I’m a boomer and not really a fan of rap or hip hop, but I enjoyed that show. Snoop Dogg makes me laugh!

• Haha
Reactions: mlblack16.
I’m not a critic but I’m white AF and that was the best halftime show I ever remember.
how so? The instruments they played? Their singing? The lip syncing? what exactly was good about it in your opinion? IT was bright and glitzy but I just don't get it from a musi stand point.

Reactions: AmeriKenny
I’m a boomer and not really a fan of rap or hip hop, but I enjoyed that show. Snoop Dogg makes me laugh!
He makes me laugh too, but I am not sure of the musical genius of this show. I equate entainers like this to those college debate teams that just blurt out 1000 words a minute. They are not really debating they are just memorizing or reading a lot of words and spewing them. That is a talent but, not sure I can make myself like it

Reactions: AmeriKenny
how so? The instruments they played? Their singing? The lip syncing? what exactly was good about it in your opinion? IT was bright and glitzy but I just don't get it from a musi stand point.
For Gen X-ers, this was awesome. We just like to see that these artists are not only alive, but still able to get up on stage and give a performance. We are living vicariously through them and that makes us feel good. If you're too old, you can't relate. Our children try their best to remind us of our age, telling us how old we are, but seeing stuff like this halftime performance makes us think maybe we're not completely washed up, like you boomers.

Honestly, I really don't even use that term, nor do I hear other people my age saying, "boomer." I think that's more of an insult Millenials use.

For Gen X-ers, this was awesome. We just like to see that these artists are not only alive, but still able to get up on stage and give a performance. We are living vicariously through them and that makes us feel good. If you're too old, you can't relate. Our children try their best to remind us of our age, telling us how old we are, but seeing stuff like this halftime performance makes us think maybe we're not completely washed up, like you boomers.

Honestly, I really don't even use that term, nor do I hear other people my age saying, "boomer." I think that's more of an insult Millenials use.
Gen x includes me I guess. Still don't get it..I didn't listen to them then. When were they popular? More in the 90s or early 2000s.

• Haha
Gen x includes me I guess. Still don't get it..I didn't listen to them then. When were they popular? More in the 90s or early 2000s.
You're an old soul. I knew you'd have my back on this thread. And I knew where this thread would go. And yes...it's missing rifle. Along with his highly refined musical expertise and the advice we would have gotten...not on music, but the best hors d'oeuvres to go with red wine because Kathy Griffin once met Martha Stewart backstage at a Snoop Dog concert.

It was fine. 75 cent was a fun cameo and reminder he’s alive. Prince was better, JLo and Shakira was better for other reasons. This was cool because they were obviously having fun up there.

It was fine. 75 cent was a fun cameo and reminder he’s alive. Prince was better, JLo and Shakira was better for other reasons. This was cool because they were obviously having fun up there.
I saw people say on Twitter that 50 cent was now a dollar and that 50 cent has been impacted by inflation. Prince was the best, but last night was top 2 imo.

Reactions: herdfan429
I’m white and grew up in a white as it gets part of WV and we still listened to Eminem and Dre.
I still listen to it from time to time. Last night's show was a hell of a lot better than a lot of them. Hell, what was that the thing last year? The weekend or something like that? About as awful as it gets. Watching the weekend was worse than that one time I had to go to Chuck E. cheese.

Reactions: Jartard
I had high expectations for this one. Sorely underdelivered, imho. So much so that I thought Kendrick Lamar's performance was the best of the bunch, and it wasn't even close.

I had high expectations for this one. Sorely underdelivered, imho. So much so that I thought Kendrick Lamar's performance was the best of the bunch, and it wasn't even close.
FFS if you're going to perform California Love you can't without Tupac. And you need the dude there with the microphone tube thing.

I was happy to hear many familiar hits from the past 3 decades even though I'm not into rap and hip-hop, but I think it is insult to music not to include any non-rap music. Rap has its place and time, but the entire show shouldn't be rap. I mean how many words can you really understand?

I still listen to it from time to time. Last night's show was a hell of a lot better than a lot of them. Hell, what was that the thing last year? The weekend or something like that? About as awful as it gets. Watching the weekend was worse than that one time I had to go to Chuck E. cheese.
Yeah last year’s was so bad I actually forgot about it and thought Shakira had been last year.

Shania Twain - because she just looked so good. What was that, like 15 years ago?

I enjoyed the show, seems like Eminem gave up some of his time so 50 could fit in there. Wish he would have done a little Rap god instead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT