ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING Herd FB to Play Notre Dame in 2022

A series with UVA would be cool. Close trip and winnable game most years.

I would put money on it being related to when Randy Moss was here a few months ago and posted something on Instagram saying he had something big planned for Huntington in this summer and he had met with Marshall football and hamrick. This would be about the right time to announce a Summer event. Mark it down

I would put money on it being related to when Randy Moss was here a few months ago and posted something on Instagram saying he had something big planned for Huntington in this summer and he had met with Marshall football and hamrick. This would be about the right time to announce a Summer event. Mark it down
giphy.gif

I'll be driving down to this one as well. I can usually get my hands on (4) complimentary tickets to an ND game, but haven't gone to one the last two seasons. Will take the wife, and send the other two tickets to my friend, Herd Fever. If he doesn't want them, then my other friend, Sistersville.

Future OOC schedules look like:

09/05 - at East Carolina
09/12 - Pitt
09/19 - at Ohio
09/26 - Boise State

09/04 - at Navy
09/18 - East Carolina
09/25 - at Appalachian State

09/10 - at Notre Dame
09/17 - Appalachian State

09/02 - Navy
09/09 - at East Carolina
10/14 - Liberty
TBA - Virginia Tech

Greatest AD ever.
Doesn't quite jive with your scheduling philosophy from another thread.

I would much rather have a reasonable schedule. A I-AA, Ohio or Miami (not the real one, the one in Ohio), and then another G5 league team, and a P5 with which we can get a 1:1. I see no reason to get assreamed by teams from the top of the SEC, ACC or Big 10 with no return game.

09/05 - at East Carolina
09/12 - Pitt
09/19 - at Ohio
09/26 - Boise State

09/04 - at Navy
09/18 - East Carolina

09/10 - at Notre Dame

09/02 - Navy
09/09 - at East Carolina
10/14 - Liberty
TBA - Virginia Tech
That's about as good as you can hope for. Love what we've got coming up.

09/04 - at Navy
09/18 - East Carolina

Rakeem Cato's senior year, we had a strong team and a weak schedule, and we wound up spending the whole season getting pilloried by sports media. This is the OOC for what would be Isaiah Green's senior year. It's a long way off, but could be a repeat.

Doesn't quite jive with your scheduling philosophy from another thread.

Two responses.

First, It is NOTRE DAME. If you have a chance to play NOTRE DAME, you play NOTRE DAME.

Second, since it last won a national championship, late in the Ronald Reagan era, UND has lost to such amazing programs as Navy, Duke, Louisville, Northwestern, Pitt, South Florida, Tulsa, UConn, Syracuse (Big East Syracuse - "The Big East was not major college football. - Ollie Luck), BYU, Purdue, Oregon State, Air Force, and Colorado, many of these multiple times.

I fully expect the Herd to have a competitive team with a reasonable shot to win. Much like the 2018 Ball State Cardinals, who were up late and lost 24-16; and then went on to a 4-8, next to last, finish in the MAC West) .

Except for basketball right, Sam?

You confuse an high expectation in basketball with being negative. Tom Herrion, a failed coach at C of C, with a known drinking problem, was a FAILURE, and, so far, the one black mark on the stellar resume of our greatest AD ever. DD, well the only grade you can give that hire, so far, is incomplete. One good year out of five, so far. I expect more than that. So should you and so should MH. See me in about March 2022 and we can see if MH's handling of basketball cuts his grade from perfect to just awsome.

Reactions: kdbherdon
Two responses.

First, It is NOTRE DAME. If you have a chance to play NOTRE DAME, you play NOTRE DAME.

Second, since it last won a national championship, late in the Ronald Reagan era, UND has lost to such amazing programs as Navy, Duke, Louisville, Northwestern, Pitt, South Florida, Tulsa, UConn, Syracuse (Big East Syracuse - "The Big East was not major college football. - Ollie Luck), BYU, Purdue, Oregon State, Air Force, and Colorado, many of these multiple times.

I fully expect the Herd to have a competitive team with a reasonable shot to win. Much like the 2018 Ball State Cardinals, who were up late and lost 24-16; and then went on to a 4-8, next to last, finish in the MAC West) .

You confuse an high expectation in basketball with being negative. Tom Herrion, a failed coach at C of C, with a known drinking problem, was a FAILURE, and, so far, the one black mark on the stellar resume of our greatest AD ever. DD, well the only grade you can give that hire, so far, is incomplete. One good year out of five, so far. I expect more than that. So should you and so should MH. See me in about March 2022 and we can see if MH's handling of basketball cuts his grade from perfect to just awsome.

So you what a high expectation in basketball but, think the football program is stupendous. OKKKKKK

So you what a high expectation in basketball but, think the football program is stupendous. OKKKKKK

I have a high expectation in both. The football program is clearly on the right track and doing great. The basketball program? Meh.

But when I went to MU if you had told me, sitting in rotting Fairfield watching Sonny's charges get whipped by some random SoCon team that I would live to see MU play Notre Dame, I would have had you committed.

From the ashes we rose.

I'm not going to let you spoil this great day with your unrealistic negative hate on our successful football program.

I have a high expectation in both. The football program is clearly on the right track and doing great. The basketball program? Meh.

But when I went to MU if you had told me, sitting in rotting Fairfield watching Sonny's charges get whipped by some random SoCon team that I would live to see MU play Notre Dame, I would have had you committed.

From the ashes we rose.

I'm not going to let you spoil this great day with your unrealistic negative hate on our successful football program.
The Notre Dame game is very good. How is the football program doing stupendous? Pretty mediocre in my book and their path is easier than basketball's is.

09/05 - at East Carolina
09/12 - Pitt
09/19 - at Ohio
09/26 - Boise State

09/04 - at Navy
09/18 - East Carolina

09/10 - at Notre Dame

09/02 - Navy
09/09 - at East Carolina
10/14 - Liberty
TBA - Virginia Tech

Will we see a FCS school round out the 2021 schedule? I would rather see a MAC or SunBelt school but we need another home game. Unless we can find a team to agree to a home and home for 2021 and 2022 with us hosting the first game.

For 2021, Louisiana, Tulane, Nevada, Central Michigan and Western Michigan have openings that could potentially work for Marshall.

Two responses.

Sam, you are as dense as a slab of stone. Even you know that you can't give an incomplete after 5 seasons? I could do a poll, but why pile on? A letter grade is in order after the body of work performed thus far. You do know what we started with in '14, correct? And you also know that DD has won more games each year in the 1st 4 seasons. And last year we won the tourney, eclipsed 25 wins and notched the program's 1st ever NCAA win. No one but you would say the juries still out. I would grade Dan at A- so far, the - only because we have struggled some this year. If you have to knock back a shot of milk of magnesia, whatever it takes, what is your letter grade for the Herd b-ball program since 2014-15?

C-USA Football was the worst ranked conference in the country this year. That’s a huge advantage for Marshall football to get to the championship. C-USA is in the top half of basketball conferences. In other words, winning C-USA in basketball is a much harder challenge than winning it in football. Football has far more advantages to win the conference in football than they do in basketball.

So how has it played out? Marshall basketball has played in the conference championship game both of the last two years. Marshall football- how many years has it been since it played in the conference championship? Three or four? Yet basketball is “meh” and football is “doing great”? Only in the land of the delusional.

C-USA Football was the worst ranked conference in the country this year. That’s a huge advantage for Marshall football to get to the championship. C-USA is in the top half of basketball conferences. In other words, winning C-USA in basketball is a much harder challenge than winning it in football. Football has far more advantages to win the conference in football than they do in basketball.

So how has it played out? Marshall basketball has played in the conference championship game both of the last two years. Marshall football- how many years has it been since it played in the conference championship? Three or four? Yet basketball is “meh” and football is “doing great”? Only in the land of the delusional.

Just quoting you so Sam can see it.

09/04 - at Navy
09/18 - East Carolina

Rakeem Cato's senior year, we had a strong team and a weak schedule, and we wound up spending the whole season getting pilloried by sports media. This is the OOC for what would be Isaiah Green's senior year. It's a long way off, but could be a repeat.

In 2014 we played 3 mediocre MAC teams & a 1-AA. While not P5, all 3 of these opponents are higher stature than than that (ECU will not be horrible forever, and we’ve never won there). Not comparable at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT