ADVERTISEMENT

Herd vs UConn in Myrtle Beach

2:30 pm on a Monday? who the hell comes up with this stuff. That is even before Christmas.Nobody will watch that game.

Reactions: IslandHerd1
UConn with 6-6 record who is already a 13 point dog to us! Who selected the teams for this bowl? We deserved a better opponent!!

Reactions: IslandHerd1
Dec 19 at 2:30 pm.
Why in the world 2:30? I know you don't want to compete with Monday Night Football, but why not 5:00pm so people can watch it when they get home from work, then it would be over before Monday Night Football starts. There are no other bowl games on December 19 and the only NFL game on that date is the Monday Night game. How many viewers do they expect they are going to get for Marshall v. Connecticut, Dec 19 at 2:30 on a Monday?

• Angry
Reactions: HerdFB1
Well all things considered maybe we win this and get our bowl win streak started again

Why in the world 2:30? I know you don't want to compete with Monday Night Football, but why not 5:00pm so people can watch it when they get home from work, then it would be over before Monday Night Football starts. There are no other bowl games on December 19 and the only NFL game on that date is the Monday Night game. How many viewers do they expect they are going to get for Marshall v. Connecticut, Dec 19 at 2:30 on a Monday?

Oh, we are not competing with Monday night football. We are going to be on competing on a workday with Days of our Lives and General Hospital. That week the housewives will have some tough TV decisions.

• Haha
Reactions: W-S HerdFan
UConn with 6-6 record who is already a 13 point dog to us! Who selected the teams for this bowl? We deserved a better opponent!!
All the teams with Better opponents (record wise) beat us or had better records
USA - WKU
ULL - Houston
Troy - UTSA
Costal - ECU

Other teams:
USM - Rice
Ga Southern - Buffalo

Out of Rice, Buffalo, and UConn, I want UConn 9/10 times, id even take them over WKU and maybe ECU. Time slot sucks, but opponent isn’t that bad imo.

Psychosis for the 2022 MB Bowl outcome:
UCONN is an Independent.
Notre Dame is also an independent.
Marshall beat Notre Dame, therefore the Herd will defeat UCONN……

Reactions: Elkview
Disappointed but realistically the losses following Notre Dame probably caught the attention of those making the bowl selections. Plus losing two more at home didn’t help. So we get a 6-6 U Conn who hasn’t played in a bowl since the St Petersburg Bowl in 2015 when we beat them. Hopefully we win, finish 9-4 and Coach Huff can get in some good players and look towards next season. Meanwhile DD has the basketball team at 7-1 as of today.

I dont hate the opponent... But man what a shitty location/time slot.

Myrtle Beach in mid-december -- Too cold to be in the ocean or on the beach, pretty cold for golf (I will play, but it won't be overly enjoyable Im sure), half the businesses are closed.

Game on a Monday afternoon at 2:30 p.m. in front of what I'm guessing will be a "sparse" albeit one-sided pro-Marshall crowd. Let's beat 'em by three touchdowns and build some momentum for next season.

Considering where this season was after the loss to Louisiana, I'm happy to be making bowl-related reservations.

I dont hate the opponent... But man what a shitty location/time slot.

Myrtle Beach in mid-december -- Too cold to be in the ocean or on the beach, pretty cold for golf (I will play, but it won't be overly enjoyable Im sure), half the businesses are closed.

Game on a Monday afternoon at 2:30 p.m. in front of what I'm guessing will be a "sparse" albeit one-sided pro-Marshall crowd. Let's beat 'em by three touchdowns and build some momentum for next season.

Considering where this season was after the loss to Louisiana, I'm happy to be making bowl-related reservations.
Golf won't be bad unless a cold front comes through. Most everything should be open in December. Most shutdowns if they occur now would be mid Jan to Feb not December but most things still stay open all year there now..ocean top cold unless you are Canadian. Lol

I like UConn over MTSU, Buffalo or Ohio. I might make the trip...It's just over five hours from my house and Huntington is four.

2:30 pm on a Monday? who the hell comes up with this stuff. That is even before Christmas.Nobody will watch that game.
In the SBC we were 4th in the pecking order. JMU is not eligible. We lost 2 games at home. The teams below us had 6-6 records or worse. I haven't checked the bowls for the 6-6 teams but if we want a better bowl "Just win, baby." But geez, this is a crappy opponent and a crappy location, notwithstanding the connection with MB.

Reactions: The Real SamC
Playing Uconn is kind of lame, but at the same time, we are an 8-4 team from the SBC. I am not exactly sure who we expected to play or "deserved" to play. I mean, I guess East Carolina would have been a little better, but that is about the ceiling of what we could have expected.

Playing Uconn is kind of lame, but at the same time, we are an 8-4 team from the SBC. I am not exactly sure who we expected to play or "deserved" to play. I mean, I guess East Carolina would have been a little better, but that is about the ceiling of what we could have expected.
ECU was never an option from what I've heard over the past week... We open next season with them and neither school (nor ESPN apparently) was really into a back-to-back, which I totally understand.

The options for Marshall, like was pointed out above we were 4th in the SBC pecking order, were the Lending Tree Bowl vs. 5-7 Rice (Better time slot, worse location for fans, worse opponent), New Orleans vs. Western Kentucky (Better matchup, worse location for fans, shitty 9:30 p.m. on a Wednesday time slot), or Myrtle Beach where we ended up.

Take Monday off work, head down to Myrtle on Friday and make a long weekend out of it... Hope for good weather... And bring home a bowl trophy... It could be worse.

They beat Liberty, BC and Fresno. They aren't that bad. If we don't come prepared and play well, we could lose this one. This board will melt down if we do. lol!
UConn got absolutely whacked by three P5 opponents - Syracuse, NC State and Michigan (as you would expect)... But against comparable competition they played pretty well, especially on defense.

Last edited:
- We don’t “deserve” this or that bowl or this or that opponent. We didn’t do our work when we had everything right before us.

- I’m not a Disney stockholder nor a member of the Myrtle Beach chamber of commerce, but playing at 2:30 in the afternoon on a workday seems like a way to lose money. 5 would have made more sense.

There's no other bowl that day and we are on main ESPN, so there's that.

Last year the Monday MB bowl pulled in 910,000 viewers. Last year we pulled in slightly more at 1.07 million in our bowl and that was on a Sat.

Reactions: ohio herd
Good lord the bitching.

I Iove us in the Myrtle bowl for a few reasons. Not many bowl games are within a days drive of our fanbase, our last one was Annapolis in 2013!! Hotels are cheap as hell during that time in Myrtle as well. Early forecast say 55, I'll take that all day in late December. Its not 75 like boca or Tampa, but it could be a lot worse.

See you along with thousands of other herd fans in Myrtle!

I am planning on going, may wait to buy tickets until the week before on the secondary market for cheap.
Stubhub about 20 minutes before kickoff... I did that a couple years ago when UCF beat us in Tampa... I had bought two through the MU ticket office, but then my aunt and uncle that live in Florida decided to come last minute. Bought the tickets, downloaded them to my phone, and walked right in and were able to sit together due to the sparse crowd.

From the looks of herdzone ticket portal all of the premium seats are sold out. MU fans are relegated to $30 seats, probably in the end zone or some far away location. Scalpers probably bought up the good seats.

I got my tickets first thing this morning. $45 for seats between the 40s lower level isn’t bad at all. I live less than 90 minutes away so it was a no brainer for me.

I can see why they made us the road team. We would be on the side opposite the press box so crowd shots would be of our side mainly. It will look a lot more full from that perspective. Doubt UConn bring more than 1,000 fans.

From the looks of herdzone ticket portal all of the premium seats are sold out. MU fans are relegated to $30 seats, probably in the end zone or some far away location. Scalpers probably bought up the good seats.
I promise you that you can basically get any seat you want in the stadium for a good price. It's not like its going to be sold out. Scalp, look on stubhub closer to the time, anything like that.

Reactions: RhinoD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT