ADVERTISEMENT

How dumb is ESPN?

MichiganHerd

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 17, 2011
Brewpub w/coeds
Used to always have some eye candy out there on the sidelines of football games, especially the Saturday night games, and now they're going with Holly Rowe. Guessing Rosie O'Donnell wasn't available.

• Haha
Reactions: ThunderCat98
If you depend on ESPN for T&A, you really should use the internet more.

Give me nothing but the football. No politics, no dumb women, no pre-game or halftime concert. I did enjoy something in sports last year when the stands were empty: you could hear EVERYTHING on the field. Football players calling each other the N word, baseball managers horseshitting everything. Good stuff.

Give me nothing but the football. No politics, no dumb women, no pre-game or halftime concert.

images

Give me nothing but the football. No politics, no dumb women, no pre-game or halftime concert. I did enjoy something in sports last year when the stands were empty: you could hear EVERYTHING on the field. Football players calling each other the N word, baseball managers horseshitting everything. Good stuff.
My enjoyment of sports skyrocketed the day I stopped watching any “sports content” other than live sports.
I have a couple podcasts I listen to that are pretty straightforward (Solid Verbal for college football, Co-main event for UFC) but even the best ESPN personalities are godawful.

My enjoyment of sports skyrocketed the day I stopped watching any “sports content” other than live sports.
I have a couple podcasts I listen to that are pretty straightforward (Solid Verbal for college football, Co-main event for UFC) but even the best ESPN personalities are godawful.
Jomboy. Watch Jomboy on YouTube. Mostly funny, sometimes serious (breaking down the Astros cheating with video was epic).

The games are all too slow and boring. I already know how they're going to turn out.

I just watch the recaps to keep up with the shit. If it's Ohio State football, I may try to watch most of it. Or if I go to a Reds game, I sit there for 3 hours and watch it then leave no matter what's happening.

I don't care anymore about the minute by minute bullshit. Just the overall scope.

The recaps show me everything. I know all you need to know about MLB, NFL, college football just from watching recaps. Know who's good, who sucks, why they're good, why they suck, the attitudes of the players, how pathetic the coaches and managers are getting.

You can get all that from recaps and looking at their faces and effort.

The games are all too slow and boring. I already know how they're going to turn out.

I just watch the recaps to keep up with the shit. If it's Ohio State football, I may try to watch most of it. Or if I go to a Reds game, I sit there for 3 hours and watch it then leave no matter what's happening.

I don't care anymore about the minute by minute bullshit. Just the overall scope.

The recaps show me everything. I know all you need to know about MLB, NFL, college football just from watching recaps. Know who's good, who sucks, why they're good, why they suck, the attitudes of the players, how pathetic the coaches and managers are getting.

You can get all that from recaps and looking at their faces and effort.
I was completely shocked to see Alabama 1, Clemson 2, Oklahoma 3, and Ohio State 4 in the preseason poll. Wow, Imagine that.

Oklahoma hasn't even had defense since Switzer.

They just put them in there for a dream that it's not really just the other three.

they better get one when they go to the SEC

Damn, they'll be totally irrelevant after they do that.

Texas and Oklahoma selling out for money. In sports, they will become what Nebraska is now since they moved to the Big Ten. Relic that still swindles sellout crowds to watch a third rate product.

Middle of the pack. What a shame.

Damn, they'll be totally irrelevant after they do that.

Texas and Oklahoma selling out for money. In sports, they will become what Nebraska is now since they moved to the Big Ten. Relic that still swindles sellout crowds to watch a third rate product.

Middle of the pack. What a shame.
Agree with you but have one minor disagreement. Texas had to make move as Texas A&M was starting to get better SEC-caliber players. Texas needed to move just to stay relevant in their own state and can have a yearly game with their most hated in-state rival to prove they are “premier” program in their own state.

I’ve said for years the bullshit/entertainment package surrounding football makes watching it a chore (specifically the NFL.) If networks would just pump the stadium audio through an SAP channel, that’s all I’d listen to during games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT