ADVERTISEMENT

How Many More Points

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Does Jon Elmore need to break Skip Henderson’s record of 2,574? Will he do it in the remaining games? How many points has Jon scored this year to date?

@mu_herd posted this on Old Fairfield:

Current Record: 2,574 (Skip Henderson)
Elmore: 2nd with 2,415
Status: Possible to break. This is the record to be appreciated the most, but it's getting to be a longer and longer shot the further we get into the season. I'd put his chances at pretty low right now unless he has a massive end to the season. He needs 9 games at his current average (19.5) to break it. Must average 19.9 to do it in 8 games, 22.7 to do it in 7, 26.5 to do it in 6, and 31.8 to do it in the 5 guaranteed games we have left.

Reactions: AmeriKenny
He is only about 40 points away for the CUSA scoring record. He already owns the CUSA assist and FT records.

Reactions: 19MU88
Nothing against Jon but having spent a lot of time with those Huck teams and knowing all those guys, I selfishly hope he doesn’t pass him. Again nothing against Jon.....

Well Sash I watched all those teams as well. Records, as they say, are made to be broken and if Jon breaks Skips record somehow in the remaining games Skip will have to live with that for the remainder of his life sentence. Hope Jon can break it.

Well Sash I watched all those teams as well. Records, as they say, are made to be broken and if Jon breaks Skips record somehow in the remaining games Skip will have to live with that for the remainder of his life sentence. Hope Jon can break it.

Again, nothing against Jon just my feelings.....and I am sure Skip doesn't even know anything about it.....nor care......but nice dig though. Hope that made you feel better.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
See mu_herd's post on Old Fairfield. He did a nice job of putting it all in a thumbnail perspective.

that is very interesting, considering the contrast in offenses. where do you find this stuff?
Skip shot 41.4% from 3. 52.6% from 2. 50.9% overall. Best memory is dropping 55 against Citadel in Asheville. Worst memory was going awol in Chattanooga.

Sash no dig intended whatsoever. We know what happened to Skip. Many of us want to see Jon break it but he has very few games left and will have to light it up to get there.

Ronnie Carr who was a terrific player for Western Carolina hit the first three ball in SoCon history in ‘80.

Reactions: kdbherdon
Ronnie Carr who was a terrific player for Western Carolina hit the first three ball in SoCon history in ‘80.[/QUOTE

ANOTHER CATAMOUNT from Western Carolina has his jersey retired in the NCAA Hall of Fame for 3-ball shooting %. Great guy too.....Joe Stafford from Williamson.

HerdZilla22

ANOTHER CATAMOUNT from Western Carolina has his jersey retired in the NCAA Hall of Fame for 3-ball shooting %. Great guy too.....Joe Stafford from Williamson.

Wrong again.

His jersey isn't retired in the hall of fame. He led the NCAA in three-point shooting in 1996, but he also only attempted about 3.5 threes per game. In comparison, his teammate averaged 8 three-point attempts per game. He finished 8th in the Southern Conference that year in threes made, so it wasn't like he was some prolific three-point shooter. But that has nothing to do with the hall of fame.

He did, however, earn the Ed Steitz Award which is given to the NCAA three-point percentage leader for both males and females each season. The recipients then get a display of their jersey for less than a year.

Reactions: GreenDuke
Wrong again.

His jersey isn't retired in the hall of fame. He led the NCAA in three-point shooting in 1996, but he also only attempted about 3.5 threes per game. In comparison, his teammate averaged 8 three-point attempts per game. He finished 8th in the Southern Conference that year in threes made, so it wasn't like he was some prolific three-point shooter. But that has nothing to do with the hall of fame.

He did, however, earn the Ed Steitz Award which is given to the NCAA three-point percentage leader for both males and females each season. The recipients then get a display of their jersey for less than a year.

[/QUOTE

Thanks for the clarity..
.Joe told me his jersey was RETIRED. I believed Joe...a good friend to my son ...and to me!

I guess there are more people in America that don't give the full details (LIKE Ryan K)...aka Rifle! Our respect affair lasted less than 12 hours!

G Sweeney in Charlotte

19MU88 if we were still in the Southern Cinference today Skips issues with drugs possibly could be far worse than what was available in Huntington when he was here.

Reactions: Elkview
He does, but he will only own the assist record for two years. Jarrod will own that one before he is done.
That may be the dumbest statement yet.. Jarrod will not get close to any assist record as he is not a good passer and does not penetrate well. Taylor may have a chance but Jarrod not so much

Reactions: kdbherdon
That may be the dumbest statement yet.. Jarrod will not get close to any assist record as he is not a good passer and does not penetrate well. Taylor may have a chance but Jarrod not so much

jrod64....you are more than correct sir. My mistake, I was thinking STEALS when I typed that.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
So, Jon kept pace. He needs to keep avg around 30 over the next 4 games. Things get easier if we get past 1st round in Frisco. We are potentially up against Rice or Middle.....

I believe he now needs 106 points to tie/break Skips record. He took the CUSA all time scoring record versus North Texas and will be adding to that record moving forward in his remaining games. Remember Jon did this in three years.

3 1/2. He missed the first semester of his freshman year.
.......even more impressive!
Chris: it comes down to the number of games he has left. Only 3 guaranteed. He has to average, what 35 a game? If we could get to the semis, that’s only 1 more game, but does put it more realistically in reach....that settles it! Must make title game.....

Thank you Chris. Forgot about that half year but still putting up this many points in that time frame is truly impressive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT