ADVERTISEMENT

Is Ginsburg's health worse than they're letting on?

pill_man_lores.jpg

Sorry, I detected zero originality in you're attempt at mocking.
Thats because it’s the line of mocking that I, personally, have been using against your crazy ass for years. I don’t need to steal others material

Pill heads believe their depression is caused by a chemical imbalance, even though they don't know what the correct balance is, and that their "cure" has nearly the same efficacy as a sugar pill.

Serious question, no trolling - What is the correct balance? And if there is a cure, what is it?

Serious question, no trolling - What is the correct balance? And if there is a cure, what is it?

No one knows the correct balance. Furthermore, the chemical imbalance theory is just that, a theory. They don't even know if a chemical imbalance is the cause or if it's the result of mental diseases. And then consider that sometimes, the drugs sold on the market for mental diseases may have to do 7 clinical trials before they can provide 2 trial results that work better than a placebo.

No one knows the correct balance. Furthermore, the chemical imbalance theory is just that, a theory. They don't even know if a chemical imbalance is the cause or if it's the result of mental diseases. And then consider that sometimes, the drugs sold on the market for mental diseases may have to do 7 clinical trials before they can provide 2 trial results that work better than a placebo.

What drew you to Scientology? And what are the benefits?

What drew you to Scientology?

I was interested in self help techniques. If I remember correctly, I ended up purchasing every paperback self help book (1 or 2 at a time) at one of the Huntington Mall book stores. On my last trip for self help books, there were only 2 left. One of the books was referred by a book I had read earlier, and the last one (almost didn't purchase it because I hadn't heard of it) was Dianetics. I figured I'd read Dianetics first as I thought the other book would be better and I'd save the better for last. Dianetics offered a description of what could go wrong with the mind and a technique to remove from the mind the unwanted. It made sense to me. I immediately re-read it after finishing the first time, and called the Columbus Ohio organization to schedule a start date. I found out my first weekend there that the process worked precisely like the book said it would. Through all of this, I had no idea what Scientology was, really. I only knew about Dianetics when I got started. Honestly, I understand the ridiculing I get here, because if I had heard all the things they've heard and that's all I knew about it, I'd probably have never started either.

And what are the benefits?

Here's a copy and paste from a scientology website. I agree with all of it, but the part about certainty of immortality as a spiritual being was something I was already certain about......

"Scientology resolves the problems of Man by addressing the spiritual travails which hold those problems in place and providing workable tools to improve conditions for all in life. As the barriers begin to fall away, one gains the ability to communicate, which in turn improves one's ability to have more meaningful interpersonal relationships. One also becomes free of unexplainable fears and stress, which in turn brings one enjoyment in life. However, more importantly, a Scientologist gains an understanding of themselves, spiritually, and so discovers their true potentials, recovering the certainty of their own immortality as a spiritual being and enhancing their ability to help others."

I was interested in self help techniques. If I remember correctly, I ended up purchasing every paperback self help book (1 or 2 at a time) at one of the Huntington Mall book stores. On my last trip for self help books, there were only 2 left. One of the books was referred by a book I had read earlier, and the last one (almost didn't purchase it because I hadn't heard of it) was Dianetics. I figured I'd read Dianetics first as I thought the other book would be better and I'd save the better for last. Dianetics offered a description of what could go wrong with the mind and a technique to remove from the mind the unwanted. It made sense to me. I immediately re-read it after finishing the first time, and called the Columbus Ohio organization to schedule a start date. I found out my first weekend there that the process worked precisely like the book said it would. Through all of this, I had no idea what Scientology was, really. I only knew about Dianetics when I got started. Honestly, I understand the ridiculing I get here, because if I had heard all the things they've heard and that's all I knew about it, I'd probably have never started either.

Here's a copy and paste from a scientology website. I agree with all of it, but the part about certainty of immortality as a spiritual being was something I was already certain about......

"Scientology resolves the problems of Man by addressing the spiritual travails which hold those problems in place and providing workable tools to improve conditions for all in life. As the barriers begin to fall away, one gains the ability to communicate, which in turn improves one's ability to have more meaningful interpersonal relationships. One also becomes free of unexplainable fears and stress, which in turn brings one enjoyment in life. However, more importantly, a Scientologist gains an understanding of themselves, spiritually, and so discovers their true potentials, recovering the certainty of their own immortality as a spiritual being and enhancing their ability to help others."

So....an individual's personal choices are the driving concept for improving their lives and state of mind???

I bet the Baptist would say all you needed was the bible

Thanks.

I was in Clearwater for the bowl game. My Uber took me past the original Scientology building. It's massive and beautiful.

The people who provide scientology services there are exactly what they say they are.....the best. Hands down. I was happy with the service I received in Columbus, but Clearwater (Flag) was a different world. I left there a different man, and I was only there a week.

It was refreshing to have a sincere question from someone, thanks.

Your ignorant problem is you think that's the only driving concept.

Who forced you into scientology? Who forced you to improve communication skills and meaningful relationships? (appear to still need some work)

did you not choose to become a scientologist? did you not choose to believe in it's benefits? did you not choose to believe your other religions were not enough to "improve your communication skills" and develop "meaningful relationships"? (lol)

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Who forced you into scientology? Who forced you to improve communication skills and meaningful relationships? (appear to still need some work)

did you not choose to become a scientologist?

Your statement that "an individual's personal choices are the driving concept for improving their lives and state of mind" will be followed by your stupid "everybody has the same opportunity."

did you not choose to believe in it's benefits?

I have never "believed" in it's benefits. I experience them.

did you not choose to believe your other religions were not enough to "improve your communication skills" and develop "meaningful relationships"?

Are you the type that can show us where the Bible teaches how to improve communication skills and develop meaningful relationships?

Your statement that "an individual's personal choices are the driving concept for improving their lives and state of mind" will be followed by your stupid "everybody has the same opportunity."

I have never "believed" in it's benefits. I experience them.

Are you the type that can show us where the Bible teaches how to improve communication skills and develop meaningful relationships?

but Clearwater (Flag) was a different world. I left there a different man, and I was only there a week.

I went to Clearwater for a week back when I was younger. What a great week; I saw the Beastie Boys in concert, and did two chicks at the same time. That sure beats getting brainwashed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT