ADVERTISEMENT

It’s games like this:

Pruett could’ve quit at half of this game, his teams would’ve been up by 45 at the half against these scrubs

Have you forgotten his final season? Overall there is no comparison between Bob and Doc, but the program was trending downward. He quit and then we got slammed by sanctions thanks to how Bob was running the program.

That bowl game vs Cincy in fort worth was won if the worst games Marshall had ever played.

Have you forgotten his final season? Overall there is no comparison between Bob and Doc, but the program was trending downward. He quit and then we got slammed by sanctions thanks to how Bob was running the program.

That bowl game vs Cincy in fort worth was won if the worst games Marshall had ever played.

I’d say this is one of the worse, certainly worse than a bowl loss. Except maybe against Cincy this year, at home. Johns had more bad losses in two seasons than BP did his entire career

Reactions: i am herdman
I’d say this is one of the worse, certainly worse than a bowl loss. Except maybe against Cincy this year, at home. Johns had more bad losses in two seasons than BP did his entire career

That's very true. I agree on that. I'd say this is one of, if not the worst loss in recent program history. Was not my point. My point is Pruett being HC doesn't guarantee anything.

This likely could be the moment that shows Marshall football as we knew it is dead and long gone. Charlotte should not be able to compete with us. At all.

Pruitt should not be mentioned in any post on any Marshall site..the man flat out quit and walked away , QUIT and WALKED AWAY..what kind of man just QUITS AND WALKS OFF..one whose character comes into question thats the type of man that does something like that.

So you guys can talk all you want about his W and L , conference division titles , conference titles , bowl games , players in the pro's but just keep in mind.......

HE QUIT AND WALKED AWAY FROM MARSHALL , it wasnt the other way around.

Then give me those type of quitters every time we hire a coach.

I always felt, and had some reason to believe, Bobby wanted to stay in the MAC; never felt we were ready to make the move into C-USA. And that proved to be correct. But whether anyone appreciated him or not, Marcum was the boss and he had high-placed supporters; who then got Snyder hired.

then we ended up with Snyder and it really fell apart.

Pruett didn't pick Snyder for us. That's not on him. He didn't pick Doc for us. That's not on him.

Look you have your opinion of the man and others have theirs which we are all entitled to.

And I'm expressing mine....

Then give me those type of quitters every time we hire a coach.

I always felt, and had some reason to believe, Bobby wanted to stay in the MAC; never felt we were ready to make the move into C-USA. And that proved to be correct. But whether anyone appreciated him or not, Marcum was the boss and he had high-placed supporters; who then got Snyder hired.

BP was promised a lot and Marcum never came through with any of it.

If I remember correctly he tried to get us into CUSA 2-3 seasons prior, but other sports were the issue.

That's not accurate. The NCAA handed down the penalty in 2001. The penalty was served while Pruett was head coach. By the time of Snyders first recruiting class we were off sanctions.

Reactions: mlblack16.
and when we talk about how "down" we were in Pruett's last year, lets remember what that season was. Stan Hill was coming off his surgery and was not anywhere near 100% and we played 2 back to back top 10 teams. #9 Ohio State needed a last second 55 yard field goal by Mike Nugent to beat us. We then traveled to #3 Georgia and gave them all they could handle in an eventual 13-3 loss. Has Marshall had any team since Pruett retired that could play back to back games against top 10 programs and have a chance to win? Maybe one, 2014 but even then Im not sure the 2014 team could hang in there with two top 10 teams.

and yes we did lose some other games like Troy State led by Demacrus Ware who the week after beating us, went on to beat a top 20 Missouri team and certainly the loss to Cincinnati was sad to see but that 2004 Marshall team had some talent and was pretty good even though they finished 6-6

I found this board during the Snyder hiring, and remember this well. Thought everyone forgot!
#9 Ohio State needed a last second 55 yard field goal by Mike Nugent to beat us. We then traveled to #3 Georgia and gave them all they could handle in an eventual 13-3 loss

Only time I've ever rooted against the Bucks in my life. Pruett's teams had an attitude that "we can beat anybody", and we haven't seen that since. Nor have we had a head coach since. (Two assistants trying to be head coaches only.)

It amazes me, the number of people here who are thrilled with wins simply for being a win. Play like sh!t and win, and they're happy. That's how 3 and eight seasons happen.

Let's get a head coach in here to do something with all this talent.

The defensive coordinator at Cincinnati would make a good head coach for MU. UC plays good defense and I have watched his demeanor on the sidelines. Doc has given us some good things to cheer about over the years, but also too many disappointments. Probably is time for him to retire. He seems to be a good man with good values, but has not been able to build the program into what the fans expect.

Correct. BP’s departure from MU was because Marcum lied to him. Marcum also lied to every BG donor. He lied to my face.

If I remember correctly he tried to get us into CUSA 2-3 seasons prior, but other sports were the issue.

Correct.

That's not accurate. The NCAA handed down the penalty in 2001. The penalty was served while Pruett was head coach.

Correct. The point to remember about these sanctions is who was responsible. Marcum. His compliance director was incompetent. He testified under oath that he had NEVER READ the NCAA compliance manual. He had NOT A CLUE what he was doing. Said CD also is rumored to have homosexually propositioned several players and recruits, some underage.

Bob Pruett is 76 years old and struggles to write coherent text messages.

Also true. The JJ “coup” deal was never going to happen because of age.

That's not accurate. The NCAA handed down the penalty in 2001. The penalty was served while Pruett was head coach. By the time of Snyders first recruiting class we were off sanctions.

Wait so the penalty of having 5 less scholarships per season for 5 seasons was served under Pruett?

No I remember players talking about it. We just couldn't find a home for all of the other sports.
You are correct Bleeds we were supposed to join either Byrons sophomore or Junior season. That’s where the done deal Chuck Landon legend started. From what I understand, and bare with me it’s second hand. We were offered football only for CUSA. Our other sports were going to join the Horizon league. From what I understand Greg White was adamantly against it if it wasn’t an all sport invite so we turned it down.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
You are correct Bleeds we were supposed to join either Byrons sophomore or Junior season. That’s where the done deal Chuck Landon legend started. From what I understand, and bare with me it’s second hand. We were offered football only for CUSA. Our other sports were going to join the Horizon league. From what I understand Greg White was adamantly against it if it wasn’t an all sport invite so we turned it down.

Yes. That is exactly how I remembered it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT