ADVERTISEMENT

LEGG is complete

HFF-SLTX

Gold Buffalo
Jan 21, 2006
MORON....

Bad weather, bad start, and we have no tempo.

We start to get some, then we go deep, go deep, go deep, run it up the middle.

PITIFUL. I can not watch much more.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Final 2 plays of the half after using our last timeout pretty much proves this point

It's no leggs fault.. he has done such great things here... blah blah .. he can't catch the ball for them, he can't go block for them, blah blah, he's just one man with the bestest offensive play book in college history, guys you have to give him a chance, blah blah, his team is so young, wait till the end of October we will be so much better, blah blah, bill legg clap clap bill legg clap clap ..!!
What else can I repeat from people I've heard on here about bill legg...

The guy is the worst play caller, game preparer, and game manager...

Whatever, we have superior talent, but nothing between the ears on game day. Our coaching staff is horrible. Lane Kiffin will kill this team next week. There is no excuse for this. We have very little football IQ, but tons of talent. We may get to 8 wins if we are lucky.

Whatever, we have superior talent, but nothing between the ears on game day. Our coaching staff is horrible. Lane Kiffin will kill this team next week. There is no excuse for this. We have very little football IQ, but tons of talent. We may get to 8 wins if we are lucky.

This is when someone will tell you we are 6 and 2 and your complaining.. you must be a troll..

Reactions: jrod64
The play calling was awful early, better in tbe second half... At the end of the day, coach Heater has done some great things here, our defensive scheme was garbage. FIUs offensive line won that game. They ran it down our throats and protected the QB as he picked the secondary apart.

Reactions: cottrell75
Believe me, it was just as miserable in person. There was one possession in the first half, and I believe we were on their 38, where it was 3rd and 8.....you know that’s four down territory, and we run the ball up the middle. All five thousand of us knew what the play was going to be, and FIU stuffed it. Same old predictable Legg. Every time we run into a good coaching staff we are completely outmatched. It’s sickening.

My favorite was using all out time outs to get the ball back (successfully) then first play without any timeouts is a handoff right up the middle to kill 30s of clock.

Smart playcalling there I must say. :mad::mad::(

I just don’t get it at times. Just want to bang my head during games at times.

My favorite was using all out time outs to get the ball back (successfully) then first play without any timeouts is a handoff right up the middle to kill 30s of clock.
Typical Bill Legg Trick Play & Doc approves of it. o_O

Reactions: lexkyherdfan

Would you have been more satisfied if it had been a nine yard completion instead? It would have resulted in the same thing- a running clock.

With 5:30 left in the game, you can't expect a team to throw it every single time. It's too easy for a defense to defend if that's the case. With that much time, running it once or twice can be more beneficial than harmful. The proof is that Legg went 80 yards to score a TD in only 2:30 without timeouts.

Believe me, it was just as miserable in person. There was one possession in the first half, and I believe we were on their 38, where it was 3rd and 8.....you know that’s four down territory, and we run the ball up the middle. All five thousand of us knew what the play was going to be, and FIU stuffed it. Same old predictable Legg. Every time we run into a good coaching staff we are completely outmatched. It’s sickening.

Has FIU shown that they go to a drop 8 defense 90% of the time in this situation? Has FIU shown that they are susceptible to draws/screens/dives in this situation? Did Marshall have their defensive signals which showed they were bringing pressure off of the edge, yet one of their players busted his assignment and actually came where the run was called? Did Marshall see an edge blitz coming leaving the run hole void but stuffed because of a missed block on offense? You don't know. You also probably have no idea what they were in on defense.

Most of these arguments are absurd and based on absolutely no knowledge.

Reactions: All4TheHerd
Yeah I would have preferred that or an incompletion instead of the 3-4yd dump offs that immediately followed.

The next play went for 17 yards, not 3-4 like you claimed the immediate plays to go for.

The guy went 80 yards in 2:30 with no timeouts. Not too many coordinators will do better than that.

You’re right, most of them are absurd and based on a few select plays.. but at the end of the day, we still never compete with winning teams on a consistent basis.

Translation:
"I really can't argue with someone who knows what plays were called and when. I just want to complain and engulf the entire season on 1 game..."

"Legg is *a complete MORON."

At least if you're going to complain, make sure the grammar is right so you don't look like a jackass.

The next play went for 17 yards, not 3-4 like you claimed the immediate plays to go for.

The guy went 80 yards in 2:30 with no timeouts. Not too many coordinators will do better than that.

And that is the problem I have with Legg. Why not run tempo more often. Get teams on their heels. It worked before and will work this year.

Marshall put up over 500 yards of offense on the road. They had 220 yards in the first half. Christ.

None of this means shit when you lose.

So, who do you pin the blame on for this loss? If not the coaching staff then who?

None of this means shit when you lose.

So, who do you pin the blame on for this loss? If not the coaching staff then who?

The ENTIRE team took this loss. Legg's play calling was bad, the defensive schemes were bad and the special teams were bad.
Litton fumbling the ball on the first possession wasn't good, however, we had something like that happen against Cincy and were fine.

One thing I don't like is with Marshall, 1 play early tends to determine the game.
I also don't like that we didn't seem to have contingency plans for certain scenarios...like the botched FG attempt...Vedvik and the holder should have a whole scheme planned in case there's a fumbled snap.
They didn't...at all.

I can't entirely blame the coaching because nobody seemed to want to play, however, I will say, when we passed the ball, we moved it down the field on them and when we did give their QB pressure, he was soft.

Reactions: ilmherdfan
I know this is a radical idea... How about we as fans dont "pin the blame" on anyone for a loss? The team, coaches and players, failed to gameplan and execute properly.

Thats life... if it wasnt, we would go 13-0 every year and never have to deal with the overwhelming sense of disappointment, pain and angst that come with a loss for so many on here.

And that is the problem I have with Legg. Why not run tempo more often. Get teams on their heels. It worked before and will work this year.

Why not run it more? Because it is extremely detrimental to your defense.

For many years, I looked at the ten fastest offenses, the ten slowest offenses, and the ranking of each of their defenses. Every year, the fastest offenses tended to have some of the very worst defenses in the country. During those years, the fastest offenses routinely included Marshall, Arizona, Baylor, Cal, Texas Tech, Houston, and to a slower extent, Oregon.

During those years, some of the twenty worst defenses in the country included Baylor, Cal, Arizona, Tech, and Cal.

There is a very strong relationship between fast tempo offenses and productivity of that team’s own defense. If you want your team to go fast in order to give them an advantage, expect your defense to suffer.

Based simply on stats, an offense that put up over 500 yards and 31 points doesn’t seem to be blamed compared to a defense that gave up over 400 and 40 points. Of course, turnovers deep in your own territory and/or special teams play can be a reason for that, but blaming the OC for this game? Crazy.

Reactions: All4TheHerd
Why not run it more? Because it is extremely detrimental to your defense.

For many years, I looked at the ten fastest offenses, the ten slowest offenses, and the ranking of each of their defenses. Every year, the fastest offenses tended to have some of the very worst defenses in the country. During those years, the fastest offenses routinely included Marshall, Arizona, Baylor, Cal, Texas Tech, Houston, and to a slower extent, Oregon.

During those years, some of the twenty worst defenses in the country included Baylor, Cal, Arizona, Tech, and Cal.

There is a very strong relationship between fast tempo offenses and productivity of that team’s own defense. If you want your team to go fast in order to give them an advantage, expect your defense to suffer.

Based simply on stats, an offense that put up over 500 yards and 31 points doesn’t seem to be blamed compared to a defense that gave up over 400 and 40 points. Of course, turnovers deep in your own territory and/or special teams play can be a reason for that, but blaming the OC for this game? Crazy.

Oh come on. We have a better defense that many years. We can go up tempo more and do better. Scoring whatever we did doesn’t matter if we did all that late. I have supported Legg a lot but running the clock out all the time doesn’t cut it. “Protecting” your defense and losing really doesn’t help.

You don’t run up tempo every play. You start out and get ahead. Last time I checked being down 35-7 and coming back and putting up over 500 yards but losing is a problem. Why not get a lead for the defense? There is no excuse in the world to be a 17 point favorite at home and lose when we supposedly had a weather advantage over a South Florida team.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
For the 1st time since last year I left the game early. Right after Chase threw the pic 6 I left. My parents were in and the weather sucked and the game ended like I thought it would.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
"Legg is *a complete MORON."

At least if you're going to complain, make sure the grammar is right so you don't look like a jackass.

Sorry, I guess my brain works faster than my typing skills. In my brain I had it that version. I have received a citation from the Internet Grammar Police. However, it still does not change the fact we have an inept coaching staff. Doc can not beat teams that have qualified coaches (Solich OU, Butch Davis, Jeff Brohm, etc, etc, etc.) If both teams yesterday had to run the exact same plays, (example, Marshall had to run the exact plays FIU called or vice versa) Marshall would win 90% or more of the time. We got outcoached. FIU ran high percentage plays early and got into a rythm (IN BAD WEATHER)....... Marshall on the other hand, let's throw deep. Our football IQ is LOW!

Now all my bill legg sucks commitments since 2 years ago are starting to catch on.... i find this comical ... hope he can right the ship and try to prove me wrong.. but he hasn't yet, the guy can not coach!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT