ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Ot learned the system well....

Glenville shot the lights out and we played a lot of guys, so we didn't always have our best 5 out there. I didn't think we defended well. They had a lot of open looks against us and took the ball to the hole well against us. I think we would have won by 20 if we were playing a game that counted and didn't let some of the younger guys play.

Burks looked good, George looked ok, but missed a couple of dunks. Elmore didn't shoot that well from behind the 3 point line.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
We gave up 108 points to Glenville State!!! Ot Elmore or not we should have buried Glenville State. Wow 108 points. We better get better when we face off to a real opponent. I guess Dan just wanted to take it easy BUT we escape with a five point win!

We gave up 108 points to Glenville State!!! Ot Elmore or not we should have buried Glenville State. Wow 108 points. We better get better when we face off to a real opponent. I guess Dan just wanted to take it easy BUT we escape with a five point win!
You do know that it was nothing but a glorified scrimmage right

giphy.gif

Don’t try to explain it. DD always messes around with the lineup in these games.
He is the coach and that is why they schedule exhibition games. Hard to be critical with what Coach has accomplished with his philosophy. Played a lot of our young freshmen (4 to be exact), and I am glad he did. That is how they learn and how we grow throughout the year as a team. Game doesn't count for anything except experience for the team. No reason to worry at this point in the season.

Herd1972 I do not believe that anyone is worried and yes it was an exhibition or scrimmage game. I get that. Glenville State is an NCAA Division 2 program that we should have beaten easily given our personnel but instead we nearly lost. With our size and experience we gave up 108 points. I know we will be better but once again all the preseason hype and expectations says we should be a good team. Herd1972 what would you have said if that score had been reversed?

Glorified scrimmage or not Glenville State should not have been close.
Yet at the end of the year know one will remember we let Glenville score 108. It means absolutely nothing. It proves absolutely nothing.

And with Iran only getting 5 minutes per half and winded after 2, that does not bode well for Danny.
Maybe one of these days he will get into game shape. I won’t be holding my breath though

Herd1972 I do not believe that anyone is worried and yes it was an exhibition or scrimmage game. I get that. Glenville State is an NCAA Division 2 program that we should have beaten easily given our personnel but instead we nearly lost. With our size and experience we gave up 108 points. I know we will be better but once again all the preseason hype and expectations says we should be a good team. Herd1972 what would you have said if that score had been reversed?
If we had lost by 5, would have said much the same. We did what we needed at the end to win and that is great. Danny has demonstrated the ability to develop players and to improve team play as the season progresses. I would have been disappointed with a loss but certainly not devastated or critical of the team or coaching staff.

Yet at the end of the year know one will remember we let Glenville score 108. It means absolutely nothing. It proves absolutely nothing.

Maybe one of these days he will get into game shape. I won’t be holding my breath though
Got to give the big fella some props. He is down to 334# from a high of 381 in April. I think he was pretty nervous to start the game which contributed to his fatigue early. He hangs pretty well with the others in practice. He will be just fine

You most likely never see Danny bury and West Virginia college team. He wants them to do well while he gets exactly what he wants. To try different combinations and see new players. He is trying to nail down the players he is going to red shirt. I'm sure he slept well last night. A meaningless win and lots of teaching video to work with. If you haven't noticed, W's are not the most important things to him, especially exhibition games. He is indeed different than any coach I have ever been around. He motivates players in ways I have never seen and those guys will run through a wall for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT