ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall Bookstore

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
Has anybody had a recent experience with the Marshall Bookstore? Instead of saving money by ordering through Fanatics, I ordered some Marshall gear from the bookstore in order to give them some business even with their higher prices.

The items were never sent. About 10 days later, after the tracking information showed the items still being processed, I emailed them to cancel the order. No response.

About five days later, I received a generic form email telling me that the items were not in stock, so the order would be canceled. I emailed again asking for an explanation of why it took them two weeks to determine that and why nobody has responded to my email. No response.

Has anybody had a recent experience with the Marshall Bookstore? Instead of saving money by ordering through Fanatics, I ordered some Marshall gear from the bookstore in order to give them some business even with their higher prices.

The items were never sent. About 10 days later, after the tracking information showed the items still being processed, I emailed them to cancel the order. No response.

About five days later, I received a generic form email telling me that the items were not in stock, so the order would be canceled. I emailed again asking for an explanation of why it took them two weeks to determine that and why nobody has responded to my email. No response.

Yup, I don't know who manages it but they suck ass with processing online orders.

I only order from the Bookstore when they have Marshall gear that I don't see available anywhere else.

I will say that staff at Glenn's has always gone out of their way to assist with ordering/shipping. The only downside is their website sucks because they only display a fraction of what they actually have available and when you search you'll get tiny low res images.

took my wife inside at homecoming to attempt to buy her something but the selection was not really all that good. Thanks for the FYI about trying to order online

Yes. Has to be one of the worst buying experiences I have ever had.

I ordered a few quarter zips on December 1st. Almost two weeks later I haven't even received notification that my order had been filled so I called down there.

The manager was the one who answers and this guys voice sounds like something from one of those radio comedy bits. The guy is clueless. I tell him my situation and he has not clue. Proceeds to tell me that he could let me talk to the girl who is filling the orders or I could just wait a couple days and see what happens. He literally said that verbatim.

Of course I ask to speak with the girl. Instead of putting me on hold he just lays the phone down and I can hear them debating back and forth. She then picks up the phone and tells me not to worry. It's "buyback week" and they just don't have any staff to pull the orders. She assured me they have plenty on the racks, but they haven't pulled my two week old order yet. Which you know should have been pulled within 24 hours of them confirming my order so that it's not shopped out from under me. So after this "assurance" she then says call back and ask me again on Friday (3 days later) and see if she's pulled it yet.

That Saturday my order arrives and yet I never received any email telling me that had been shipped.

What kills me is that the bookstore is not some huge business with some huge warehouse where they're fulfilling 100s of orders a day. It's a small university bookstore. There is not reason once that order came in that someone wouldn't then take that invoice, walk out on the floor, and pick the items. I've worked retail at multiple times in my life and as soon as an internet order was placed there was a set time limit to get it pulled and staged.

However like most things Marshall, it's bush league all around. I also found it odd that on game day (@GeauxHerd can back me up on this) the bookstore was closed. On game day. Yes they have the store in the stadium, but that just robs you of extra sales from the people coming in.

Reactions: ohio herd

They were probably overwhelmed with orders for merchandise from the Scooters Coffee Frisco Bowl.

I visited it with my wife in November, we did not experience any issues at the POS terminal.

Just call them if you have an issue. Why tell us?
The point was to see if it was a one-time issue or a repeat issue (like @herdftblfan punking you out) that shows bigger problems. Based on experiences of others, it seems the latter, which is good to know.

Just as bad as the ticket office. Looks like a living room in a frat house. Students playing corn hole. No organization.
Need to clean up some things instead of acting like a high school or maybe in this case a middle school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT