ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall players reunite in Charlotte?

As usual, Coach Stowers, playing the blame game on any former Coach or player,

Yeah, because they had more reason to meet up at a game with shitty weather and do so, completely under the radar, rather than attend an anniversary game which they obviously would have been praises by the fans and featured during the telecast of the game.

Damn, they must have really not wanted to put up with any of Hamrick's shit to do all that.

Reactions: cottrell75
As usual, Coach Stowers, playing the blame game on any former Coach or player,

Yeah, because they had more reason to meet up at a game with shitty weather and do so, completely under the radar, rather than attend an anniversary game which they obviously would have been praises by the fans and featured during the telecast of the game.

Damn, they must have really not wanted to put up with any of Hamrick's shit to do all that.

It wasn't held by Charlotte University so what's stopping those guys from tailgating at a Marshall game and doing their own thing? Let me answer that for you. Nothing. It's laughable. The whole thing is a farce. It's always comical how these articles are written after a loss too, but I'm sure there's no coincidence there.

Reactions: The Real SamC
They would rather meet at a Marshall game where they don't have Hamrick there to insult them.

Isn't meeting at a Marshall game what I suggested?

Why would they have to deal with Hamrick just because they're at a Marshall game?

You think he keeps tabs on everybody tailgating in the West Lot?

Reactions: The Real SamC
Isn't meeting at a Marshall game what I suggested?

Why would they have to deal with Hamrick just because they're at a Marshall game?

You think he keeps tabs on everybody tailgating in the West Lot?

A group of former Marshall players from some of the best years of Marshall football? Yeah you're right, wouldn't draw any attention. At all.

A group of former Marshall players from some of the best years of Marshall football? Yeah you're right, wouldn't draw any attention. At all.

You didn't answer any of my three questions.

I never said it wouldn't draw attention. I simply don't understand why it's such a big deal. Say Hamrick or someone from the AD does come up and say something about joining them on the field. All you have to do is say, "Thanks, but I'm not interested." I mean, is being an adult that hard?

It wasn't held by Charlotte University so what's stopping those guys from tailgating at a Marshall game and doing their own thing? Let me answer that for you. Nothing. It's laughable. The whole thing is a farce. It's always comical how these articles are written after a loss too, but I'm sure there's no coincidence there.
Chuck has always been the one man PR machine for Bob Pruett so I would take whatever he writes with a grain of salt. I do think Doc has let the program go stale and I have a problem with how he handles instate recruiting but this issue is being made up by Chuck

Reactions: Tim_N_Montana
Who were they? Why did they choose Charlotte over other "away game" locations? My bet that this is just a few guys who decided to spend some time together in a place central to them all, close to home; or very easy to get to via travel arrangements. While I understand the call for Doc to retire, Hamrick too, I'd suggest we add Chuck to that list of hopeful retirements.

Who were they? Why did they choose Charlotte over other "away game" locations? My bet that this is just a few guys who decided to spend some time together in a place central to them all, close to home; or very easy to get to via travel arrangements. While I understand the call for Doc to retire, Hamrick too, I'd suggest we add Chuck to that list of hopeful retirements.

This.

The whole article is in poor taste.

I'd like to know who felt the need to make Landon aware of the reunion?

Like I said, it's laughable.

So. A few players have a reunion at Marshall a few years back, they all agree the University did not treat them well. Then, you have Randy Moss on National TV saying as such, and followed by him giving thumbs down on twitter to pretty much all things Marshall. Which is followed by Chad pretty much removing himself from the program altogether. And now you have a reunion of sorts in Charlotte. Now I’m not saying the reunion in Charlotte means anything more than it’s just a geographical location that suits all. But all things considered I’m not going to sit here and act like former players have much use for John either.

Last edited:
Now I’m not a huge fan of Coach Stowers or Coach Perkins but correct me if I am wrong but seems like members of the 1969 team were in attendance and on the field at either the WKU or La Tech game and were guests at the M Club. Stowers or Perkins please confirm.

So. A few players have a reunion at Marshall a few years back, they all agree the University did not treat them well. Then, you have Randy Moss on National TV saying as such, and followed by him giving thumbs down on twitter to pretty much all things Marshall. Which is followed by Chad pretty much removing himself from the program altogether. And now you have a reunion of sorts in Charlotte. Now I’m not saying the reunion in Charlotte means anything more than it’s just a geographical location that suits all. But all things considered I’m not going to sit here and act like former players have much use got John either.

Well, the issues regarding the reunion a few years back were nothing more than nonsense. I don't care what any of those guys say and I've told a couple of them that.

Moss' opinion of Marshall has not changed since his time here. The stories from a few years ago have nothing to do with how he looks at Marshall.

Chad's issues are more personal than anything. Does he spend as much time here? No. Do most people know why? I doubt it.

Well, the issues regarding the reunion a few years back were nothing more than nonsense. I don't care what any of those guys say and I've told a couple of them that.

Moss' opinion of Marshall has not changed since his time here. The stories from a few years ago have nothing to do with how he looks at Marshall.

Chad's issues are more personal than anything. Does he spend as much time here? No. Do most people know why? I doubt it.

Meh, I know why.

Reactions: HerdFan73
Chuck has always been the one man PR machine for Bob Pruett so I would take whatever he writes with a grain of salt. I do think Doc has let the program go stale and I have a problem with how he handles instate recruiting but this issue is being made up by Chuck

It actually isn’t. There is a great disconnect from some of our former greats and the Athletic Dept. Chuck is Chuck Im not a fan of his and honestly I don’t like his constant trashing of Doc and I’m someone that wants to see Us with a new coach. But this is not a made up Chuck thing to hammer Mike or Doc. It is real and it’s sad. I don’t care who is to blame but it does bum me out that players from some of our greatest teams don’t want to come back. I hope it can be fixed.

It actually isn’t. There is a great disconnect from some of our former greats and the Athletic Dept. Chuck is Chuck Im not a fan of his and honestly I don’t like his constant trashing of Doc and I’m someone that wants to see Us with a new coach. But this is not a made up Chuck thing to hammer Mike or Doc. It is real and it’s sad. I don’t care who is to blame but it does bum me out that players from some of our greatest teams don’t want to come back. I hope it can be fixed.
So what are the problems and who is to be held accountable. I also heard the reunion from several years was blown out of context. closing the open bar down at kickoff? Was that the issue?

Honestly 5150 I don’t know all the ins and outs but I do know there is a disconnect. I’m not placing blame on anybody just conversations I have had.

Why doesn’t Chad spend much time here anymore? Family? Coaching his kids? I would assume.

We've already spelled it out for you, ding-dong. They would rather meet at a Marshall game where they don't have Hamrick there to insult them.

hell with most of those guys. they don't give squat (fit in with most of our fans) and got pissed when they couldn't stand on the field the entire game and when their tailgate doesn't go the entire game?? I don't put it on Hamrick and those guys need to grow up.

I’m not understanding the big deal.. but anyway why are we still reading into Chuck Landon’s BS.. he’s a snob.. washed up... and a joke and I’d tell him straight to his face... I don’t know he and his editor/publisher are employed anyway they are laughable...

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
I’m not understanding the big deal.. but anyway why are we still reading into Chuck Landon’s BS.. he’s a snob.. washed up... and a joke and I’d tell him straight to his face... I don’t know he and his editor/publisher are employed anyway they are laughable...

Because people are miserable and now latch onto anything negative about or surrounding the program no matter the source. I'm as upset as anyone about the constant underachieving of this program, but I'm not going to start reading Chuckles Landon as gospel when we all know he's a hack.

For years we've all bagged on him for making things up and sensationalizing stories. We've even busted him out for using this board as one of his "sources". Landon has an axe to grind. He's always had one, but since Hamrick called him out for the lies he printed surrounding the MBB hiring process he's been out for blood.

I have an idea the Athletic Dept. can make amends and have a player reunion this weekend! Invite Rifle, I'm sure he will draw a crowd. For all the wrong reasons!

Reactions: 5150
Because people are miserable and now latch onto anything negative about or surrounding the program no matter the source. I'm as upset as anyone about the constant underachieving of this program, but I'm not going to start reading Chuckles Landon as gospel when we all know he's a hack.

For years we've all bagged on him for making things up and sensationalizing stories. We've even busted him out for using this board as one of his "sources". Landon has an axe to grind. He's always had one, but since Hamrick called him out for the lies he printed surrounding the MBB hiring process he's been out for blood.
I don't know. When all is said and done if things don't change Mike Hamrick's legacy is that is set the football program back to 1978. It is as boring now as has been maybe in my lifetime and is an underachieving program . A change needs to be made.

I have an idea the Athletic Dept. can make amends and have a player reunion this weekend! Invite Rifle, I'm sure he will draw a crowd. For all the wrong reasons!

He would do far better than the Athletic Dept did that last time.

I don't know. When all is said and done if things don't change Mike Hamrick's legacy is that is set the football program back to 1978. It is as boring now as has been maybe in my lifetime and is an underachieving program . A change needs to be made.
Again, Im not the biggest Doc fan but to say the program is being set back to 1978 is just not correct. Is the program stale? Yes! But the program is still winning and talent to stay on the plus side of .500. The teams just lacks leadership and a QB.

Reactions: whf2
Again, Im not the biggest Doc fan but to say the program is being set back to 1978 is just not correct. Is the program stale? Yes! But the program is still winning and talent to stay on the plus side of .500. The teams just lacks leadership and a QB.

And a couple of good CB’s. The FIU QB will have a field day Saturday.

They never do in your eyes, sheep.

If there are a bunch of people with completely different reasons to not like something/somebody, it means there usually is a valid issue with that thing/body.

You can think whatever you want.

But as I’ve stated before, I’ll take the word a 30-year family friend, that although he no longer works for the university, still has the same story to this day.

You can think whatever you want.

But as I’ve stated before, I’ll take the word a 30-year family friend, that although he no longer works for the university, still has the same story to this day.
Sure all those players feel slighted and nothing happened. You need to wake up.

Sure all those players feel slighted and nothing happened. You need to wake up.

They need to get over themselves, read itineraries, and follow simple instructions/requests.

When you RSVP for 2 and bring 8, that makes planning a little hard. Even at that rate, things were not as they were stated.

They need to get over themselves, read itineraries, and follow simple instructions/requests.

When you RSVP for 2 and bring 8, that makes planning a little hard. Even at that rate, things were not as they were stated.
Sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT