ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall players reunite in Charlotte?

You make people RSVP to a tailgate?

A fvcking tailgate??

(Insert Ed Bassmaster "Unreal" gif)
Dah? Sure, so you know how much food and drink to purchase. It was not to be open to everyone. I still want my question answered? All those guys that so called put the program on the map played pro football and expected to come back to Huntington and get a free ride tailgate. Those pro football players made a lot more money then some of us make in 10 years.

Dah? Sure, so you know how much food and drink to purchase. It was not to be open to everyone. I still want my question answered? All those guys that so called put the program on the map played pro football and expected to come back to Huntington and get a free ride tailgate. Those pro football players made a lot more money then some of us make in 10 years.

What the hell is your question? Why they haven't donated to the Big Green? How do you know they haven't?

Either way, is it really worth alienating them over feeling the need to be pampered? Perhaps, with an adequate relationship between Marshall and these players, they will start to feel the University cares about them and they will feel moved to donate or do more?

You really don't have as strong of an argument as you seem to think.

I mean Marshall kisses the ass of the big donors and everyone knows the Gibson’s hires Mark Snyder.
They talk about appreciating the athletes on their senior day. Is it just the one day? Or do we not want to develop the continuing relationship with them hoping they will stay involved possibly donate in the future.

We talk about athletes being numbers at the bigger schools but a part of the community here. Seems like dollars are a big asterisk in that thought though.

Marshall just really sucks at PR and shoots itself in the foot more than Barney Fife.

All those guys that so called put the program on the map played pro football and expected to come back to Huntington and get a free ride tailgate. Those pro football players made a lot more money then some of us make in 10 years.

Then why should Marshall “HOST” anything at all?

The next time you’re invited to an event....remember to call yourself a freeloader. :rolleyes:

Yeah. You’re probably right. Maybe I should log on HerdNation more often to express how impressed I am with my own life. Maybe then I could finally realize true satisfaction with life.

Just maybe........

You definitely shouldn’t log on HN more. You should do what your boss advised and stay away from this board, as you have the people skills of the child the Unibomber adopted.

- sent from the private jet I am currently on

xRcs3pY.jpg

What the hell is your question? Why they haven't donated to the Big Green? How do you know they haven't?

Either way, is it really worth alienating them over feeling the need to be pampered? Perhaps, with an adequate relationship between Marshall and these players, they will start to feel the University cares about them and they will feel moved to donate or do more?

You really don't have as strong of an argument as you seem to think.
I do when all the NFL football guys made more money then the average MU fan does in 10 years and they are pissed their butts were not kissed enough.

One thing that comes to mind is Bob seemed to always have his hand out thinking he was owed something. Its sounds like his players have the same thought process.

Cant say I’m surprised you’re never invited anywhere for a social event.
not by the university on their dime...when I go to the Hall of Fame dinner or something like that Im buying my own ticket but football players that got a full ride and played in the NFL are still expecting hand outs. I paid my own way to college

not by the university on their dime...when I go to the Hall of Fame dinner or something like that Im buying my own ticket but football players that got a full ride and played in the NFL are still expecting hand outs. I paid my own way to college

You continue to miss the point. This has nothing to do with NFL status (most didn’t play in the NFL) or who paid their fair share of college tuition.

The university chose to play host to an event and invited attendees. Invited guests to a party or social event aren’t “freeloaders”. It’s why I asked you if you’re ever invited anywhere by someone else, (Regardless whether or not it’s a university event)

If the university’s attitude towards hosting someone is the same as yours.....then the former players and Chuck’s critique appears accurate.

I do when all the NFL football guys made more money then the average MU fan does in 10 years and they are pissed their butts were not kissed enough.

One thing that comes to mind is Bob seemed to always have his hand out thinking he was owed something. Its sounds like his players have the same thought process.

Sounds like Mike and those in the AD. Give us money and worship our greatness.

You continue to miss the point. This has nothing to do with NFL status (most didn’t play in the NFL) or who paid their fair share of college tuition.

The university chose to play host to an event and invited attendees. Invited guests to a party or social event aren’t “freeloaders”. It’s why I asked you if you’re ever invited anywhere by someone else, (Regardless whether or not it’s a university event)

If the university’s attitude towards hosting someone is the same as yours.....then the former players and Chuck’s critique appears accurate.
The players were sent an agenda before the event started. No one was upset until the school cut the bar off at the start of the game(Haven forbid the former players go into the game when it started). The real issue continues to be they use Chuck to keep the bitching going.

So the cut the bar off and didn't make plans for them to stand on the sidelines the entire game. Sorry, we can correct this for the next time but again the players had the agenda before the event started and no one expressed and issue. Move the heck on

I guess Pruett was just a dick to the university. His teams just had to win meaningful things like championships where we’d have to remember them and recognize them. That’s not going to be a problem with Doc, as I can’t see us trotting a 3rd place C-USA East team out on the field right after little Johnny spins in circles and then races his little sister.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT