ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall v Florida - tonight - SEC network at 9:00

We need to watch the passing , not crisp and Florida is able to pick off or disrupt too many.

They hung in there for longer than I thought. Let’s hope it doesn’t end up as a blowout because they showed better than that.

Florida shooting much better in the 2nd half. Of course, shooting a ton of FT helps points get scored too.

Reactions: MARSHALL77
71-67 Florida with 19 to go , we have the ball and ...turned it over plus fouled

We had nothing set up on the end bounds and had to burn the last time out at mid court , what the hell was that all about

73 -67 final - Florida shot 61% in the second half , considering we were a 19 or so point dog. not too bad..had a real chance to win this one but let it slip away int he end

We were kinda out of sinc the last 20+ seconds or so , did not inbound well and had to call a forced timeout , that being our last and then Florida scored . Had a chance but it didn't go our way this time.

BUT

We held our own at Notre Dame and were expected to be blown out of the gym and now took Florida to the end when the line was 19.5.
So while I do not subscribe to the "moral victory" idea or feeling , we have played two road games much better than expected and this time vs a Top 25 team that was # 6 in the pre season poll.
When we go on the road for conference play , keep these two games in mind as CUSA does not have a Florida in it for sure.

Iran Bennett and Jannson were terrific tonight. We overall played really good defense when Bennett was in the game. He is a difference maker. We will keep getting better as Danny figures out how to get him the ball and he figures out how to kick it out when double teamed. Andrew Taylor will be a big help. We have got to get something out of Beyers. I like where we are headed.

Bennett is going to be fun to watch as the season progresses , a wide body that creates problems for the opposition on both ends of the floor . Will be interesting to see what transpires when conference play begins as we have the potential to be somewhat better than what I believe many thought pre-season.

Last night’s performance was encouraging - they went toe to toe with one of the best in the country on their home floor. I hope that gives them confidence going forward.

I am very interested to see how they play Wednesday against Akron - that could tell us a lot. Are we hot and cold (get up for some games and not others) or are we figuring things out and can build on the last game?

I am very interested to see how they play Wednesday against Akron - that could tell us a lot.

Last night's game was encouraging. You don't know how much was Herds playing or Florida not playing so well. All in all, Gators are not a Top 25 team and the next couple of games will prove that. Akron is 5-2. but their 5 wins are against the literal bottom of the barrel; North Carolina Central, SC Upstate, Youngstown, Merrimack, and Malone U. I guess Akron High School wasn't available on those dates. So both teams will find a lot about each other.

I watched the postgame interview with Florida’s coach. Maybe it was all coach speak, but he said that Marshall’s defense was unique and presented a problem for them offensively.

If we can get better shooting the 3, and Bennett can stay out of trouble I think we have something to work with.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
I watched the postgame interview with Florida’s coach. Maybe it was all coach speak, but he said that Marshall’s defense was unique and presented a problem for them offensively.

If we can get better shooting the 3, and Bennett can stay out of trouble I think we have something to work with.

Mike White is just like his father, 100% class and always highly respectful of the opponent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT