ADVERTISEMENT

Massey Predictons

There is no way we lose to FAU at the Joan. Can somebody tell me FAUs signature win they had last year that has the national media fawning all over them? I just don’t get it. We had plenty of chances to beat them last year at their place.

South Carolina and NC State I get whybtyey would pick against us but I don’t get FAU.

I'm hoping that USC will still be hurting after my UGA dawgs put a hurtin on em and the Herd can just wax their tails at the Joan !!!

9-3 with a 7-1 CUSA record is a record I'll take for 2018. Especially after the missteps last season. 7-1 in CUSA could put us in the conference championship game.

Actually, only 4 turnovers. Chase Litton, the guy that left early for the pros, threw four interceptions. FAU committed no turnovers, so you're right. Turnovers dictated the outcome of the game.

Thanks for clarifying. I thought we had a fumble or two - just seemed like it I guess. It was a nasty game to watch.

Reactions: kdbherdon
Thanks for clarifying. I thought we had a fumble or two - just seemed like it I guess. It was a nasty game to watch.

Yes, and as inconsistent as the Herd was in Conference play last year (4-4) IMO FAU did not "dominate" or completely outclass us in our game down at Boca. Turnovers did us in, inconsistent play at the QB position, and the OWLS have an outstanding back who got key yardage on us on the ground (but by his seasonal yardage stats, he did that against about every team FAU played). Just don't worry about them very much playing them at home this fall. NC State will be the toughest opponent to beat at home this season in my mind. With some breaks and "luck" both of these games could be Herd wins!! 11-1 in regular season with a Conference championship berth would be a great year!

Remember too with South Carolina that Wil Muschamp is the sidelines. That is worth 10 points for the Herd.

Reactions: pdbailey
Their predictions are obviously based a good bit on last year, and our offense was horribly inefficient last year. They have us scoring in the 20's most games, and teens vs P5's. With our returning talent and new OC and a QB with better decision making, we should score much more this year, and that will not show up in their algorithm & predictions.

Their predictions are obviously based a good bit on last year, and our offense was horribly inefficient last year. They have us scoring in the 20's most games, and teens vs P5's. With our returning talent and new OC and a QB with better decision making, we should score much more this year, and that will not show up in their algorithm & predictions.
Ahh yes the qb who no one has seen take a snap yet alone make a decision in this new system.

Green looks great! Whether he is # 1or 2 at the end of August. We got this!
GOOO HERD!!!

This poll seems to think a lot of C-USA defenses, and not much of Marshall's.
Defensively, we return 9 starters, with 10 total players that started at least half our games, and 14 players that started a game. We also return 18 of 22 from the 2-deep and also return 4 others that played games in 2017. I would say that we should be much improved on defense in 2018 with the group that is returning and the fact that there will be little change to the defensive system with Coach Fuller at DC.

Offensively, we return 9 starters, with 12 total players that started at least half our games, and 15 players that started a game. We also return 17 of 22 from the 2-deep and also return 9 others that played games in 2017. While we do have a big question mark at QB, we return a large portion of the group and will have a new offense that should be much more expansive than Legg's "Spread Offense" so we should be greatly improved on offense if we get solid QB play.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Remember too with South Carolina that Wil Muschamp is the sidelines. That is worth 10 points for the Herd.
Yep, he can recruit, but he is a terrible HC. Sadly, he reminds me of Snyder as an HC to be honest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT