ADVERTISEMENT

May want to try Jersey Mike’s the next time

greengeezer

Platinum Buffalo
Dec 25, 2007
I was at the end of a rather long Subway (the samdwich shop, not the train) lunch line when I saw a car with New York plates pull into the parking area. Two middle aged ladies got out and stood in line behind me.

After only a few minutes, one of the ladies walked out of line to the counter where a young female employee was working as quickly as she could to feed the crowd.

I couldn’t catch the animated conversation from where I stood, but suddenly the counter girl exclaimed, “Lady, I’m not in the mood to put up with this. If you don’t like it, get the hell out!”

The lady turned and headed toward the door in a huff. . I wanted so badly to say, “And welcome to West Virginia.” I restrained myself.

• Haha
Reactions: 30CAT
Geezer, we need to get you help. You have a Jersey Mike’s but still chose Subway? Subway may be the only placed to get food in town, and I still wouldn’t choose subway.

Geezer, we need to get you help. You have a Jersey Mike’s but still chose Subway? Subway may be the only placed to get food in town, and I still wouldn’t choose subway.
Hey Rifel tell him about that Uber Eats stuff that rich people use 😆😆

You misunderstood my post. The out of town lady was verbally abused at Subway so I sarcastically posted she should try Jersey Mike’s the next time. We don have a J M near me. When I first moved to this area, I had to drive an hour to even find a McDonald’s.

I was at the end of a rather long Subway (the samdwich shop, not the train) lunch line when I saw a car with New York plates pull into the parking area. Two middle aged ladies got out and stood in line behind me.

After only a few minutes, one of the ladies walked out of line to the counter where a young female employee was working as quickly as she could to feed the crowd.

I couldn’t catch the animated conversation from where I stood, but suddenly the counter girl exclaimed, “Lady, I’m not in the mood to put up with this. If you don’t like it, get the hell out!”

The lady turned and headed toward the door in a huff. . I wanted so badly to say, “And welcome to West Virginia.” I restrained myself.
She prolly would have been shot by the clerk in Baltimore, St Louis, Detroit, Memphis.

Hey Rifel tell him about that Uber Eats stuff that rich people use 😆😆

You're really, really awful at this.

I use Uber Eats because one of my credit cards gives me $15-$20 per month for free for Uber/Uber Eats. I pay $700 annually for that credit card. All of my credit card fees total $2000 which is well worth it for the travel perks I receive. As you know, I travel internationally and domestically constantly, because ya' know, wealthy.

You're really, really awful at this.

I use Uber Eats because one of my credit cards gives me $15-$20 per month for free for Uber/Uber Eats. I pay $700 annually for that credit card. All of my credit card fees total $2000 which is well worth it for the travel perks I receive. As you know, I travel internationally and domestically constantly, because ya' know, wealthy.
You told us your were well, rich so you used Uber eats. Your words.

Wow anyone that travels internationally and domestically is, you know wealthy. Who knew!! 😳😆😆😆

You told us your were well, rich so you used Uber eats. Your words.
Why lie, moron? Do you realize that nobody, other than me to mock you, interacts with you on here? Why is it so hard for you to take a hint? I didn't say that I was rich so I used Uber Eats. I said that I don't do menial tasks like shopping for my own food, making my own food, cleaning my house, doing yard/outdoor work (painters have been here this last week outside), etc., because ya' know, wealthy.

Wow anyone that travels internationally and domestically is, you know wealthy. Who knew!! 😳😆😆😆
Constantly, as I said? Yes, it's usually an extreme sign of wealth when people are able to do it for leisure constantly. I love when you give me a lead into being able to boast:

Just a reminder, in 2023 I went to Paris, Prague, Puerto Vallarta, Stockholm, Oslo, Tokyo, Brussels, Vienna, Havana, and London while always staying in extremely luxurious hotels (usually in the top suites). That wasn't one or two trips taking a train throughout Europe and hitting a bunch of cities for one day each. That was done over five different international trips. Of course, it's usually flying first-class and having access to the best lounges in these international airports.

In 2023, I also went to Mets games in Baltimore, Boston, Phoenix, Houston, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Minneapolis, San Francisco, Philadelphia, San Diego, Los Angeles, Chicago, Denver, Oakland, and Miami while usually staying in the same luxurious hotel the team stays in while also having front row seats to almost every game.

In 2023, I also went to Raleigh, SLC/Park City (multiple times), Dallas (multiple times), Palm Springs, Hartford/New Haven, Tampa, Ft. Worth (multiple times), Boulder, Nashville (multiple times), Austin/San Marcos, San Antonio, Columbus, New Orleans/Lafayette, Memphis, Minneapolis (separate from the Mets trip), Buffalo (multiple times), Jacksonville, Orlando, Fresno, Sacramento (multiple times), Yosemite National Park, Washington D.C. And like before, most of those are staying in high quality hotels.

So yeah, pretty fvcking wealthy.

Just think how much more you would have without all the travel, dining, and games. Seriously, I appreciate anyone who has a passion and follows it.

Much like I told a nosey neighbor who asked me why in the world I spent thousands of dollars each season on plants and landscaping. I simply replied, “Because I can.”

Much like I told a nosey neighbor who asked me why in the world I spent thousands of dollars each season on plants and landscaping. I simply replied, “Because I can.”
My mom is much the same way. She despises traveling and has no desire to go anywhere other than her backyard pool/porch. Doesn't care about brand name purses/clothes. Doesn't want to have another house. Doesn't need to save any money (her pension + social security after taxes is about as much as her gross income while working, which to me, is absurd). She has a nice car, a backup car for yard work waste, and spends most of her money on yard stuff (truckloads of mulch, all type of flowers, landscaping) and household projects (remodeling, additions, decor, etc.). She also tends to spend most of her time on those projects, but at her age, it is starting to take a toll. Last year, for the first time in her life, she hired a couple to do something she has to do every year to the yard.

Reactions: greengeezer
Why lie, moron? Do you realize that nobody, other than me to mock you, interacts with you on here? Why is it so hard for you to take a hint? I didn't say that I was rich so I used Uber Eats. I said that I don't do menial tasks like shopping for my own food, making my own food, cleaning my house, doing yard/outdoor work (painters have been here this last week outside), etc., because ya' know, wealthy.

Constantly, as I said? Yes, it's usually an extreme sign of wealth when people are able to do it for leisure constantly. I love when you give me a lead into being able to boast:

Just a reminder, in 2023 I went to Paris, Prague, Puerto Vallarta, Stockholm, Oslo, Tokyo, Brussels, Vienna, Havana, and London while always staying in extremely luxurious hotels (usually in the top suites). That wasn't one or two trips taking a train throughout Europe and hitting a bunch of cities for one day each. That was done over five different international trips. Of course, it's usually flying first-class and having access to the best lounges in these international airports.

In 2023, I also went to Mets games in Baltimore, Boston, Phoenix, Houston, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Minneapolis, San Francisco, Philadelphia, San Diego, Los Angeles, Chicago, Denver, Oakland, and Miami while usually staying in the same luxurious hotel the team stays in while also having front row seats to almost every game.

In 2023, I also went to Raleigh, SLC/Park City (multiple times), Dallas (multiple times), Palm Springs, Hartford/New Haven, Tampa, Ft. Worth (multiple times), Boulder, Nashville (multiple times), Austin/San Marcos, San Antonio, Columbus, New Orleans/Lafayette, Memphis, Minneapolis (separate from the Mets trip), Buffalo (multiple times), Jacksonville, Orlando, Fresno, Sacramento (multiple times), Yosemite National Park, Washington D.C. And like before, most of those are staying in high quality hotels.

Didn't read it. Damn you have some time on your hands.

Puppet Master Luke GIF by Australian Survivor

Didn't read it. Damn you have some time on your hands.
You've posted in seven different threads today. In five of them (prior to this post), your post was the last one in the thread. You're the thread-ender, in that what you say is so absurdly stupid and brings nothing of value to the board, that it doesn't elicit a response.

You ruin the board. Years ago, I used to mock you for only liking posts and never posting. We all now know why that was the case: because what you say brings nothing to the board. You're the most frequent poster who gets the least interaction, because nothing you said it enlightening, educational, entertaining, helpful, or brings value to the board.

You're the guy at the business lunch who tries to weigh in on every topic, but when you talk, people stop listening or talk over you showing that everybody is ignoring you.

Did you ever stay at the Willard Intercontinental?

Did you ever stay at the Willard Intercontinental?
I haven't, but I had an office right around the corner from there and have been to many events there. I lived in D.C. for 10 years, so I didn't have a need to stay in hotels. When I go back now, I usually stay at one of the four RCs in the area depending on why I am there. The Willard, like the Hay-Adams, has a stately motif which isn't my style, and due to their location, they tend to get a lot of riffraff in the lobby who aren't actually staying there.

When I was there last year, I stayed at the RC in Pentagon City. It's a very average RC, but it's only a five minute Uber to downtown, I can get to the airport in five minutes, the hotel is connected to a decent mall with tons of eating (including Matchbox which was/is owned partly by Marshall alums), and they always treat me very well at that hotel (including a gift card to the mall many times).

Reactions: Herdguy04
You've posted in seven different threads today. In five of them (prior to this post), your post was the last one in the thread. You're the thread-ender, in that what you say is so absurdly stupid and brings nothing of value to the board, that it doesn't elicit a response.

You ruin the board. Years ago, I used to mock you for only liking posts and never posting. We all now know why that was the case: because what you say brings nothing to the board. You're the most frequent poster who gets the least interaction, because nothing you said it enlightening, educational, entertaining, helpful, or brings value to the board.

You're the guy at the business lunch who tries to weigh in on every topic, but when you talk, people stop listening or talk over you showing that everybody is ignoring you.
Didn't read that past seeing you are counting posts again and writing novels. Damn you have a lot of spare time on your hands.

. She has a nice car, a backup car for yard work waste
I am certain your mom is nothing like this, but I burst into laughter when I read this because of the actions of a fellow who lives on my road/street. He lost his job several years ago because of illness, and because of a glitch in his disability application, he had no income for almost a year.

The electric company cut off his power for non payment. The water company did the same. On one occasion, I took him food.

Because he also could no longer pay for garbage pick up, he placed his plastic bags of trash in to an old non running sedan that was parked in his driveway. He had filled the trunk, the back seat, and the front passenger side before his financial problems were resolved.

I am certain your mom is nothing like this, but I burst into laughter when I read this because of the actions of a fellow who lives on my road/street. He lost his job several years ago because of illness, and because of a glitch in his disability application, he had no income for almost a year.

The electric company cut off his power for non payment. The water company did the same. On one occasion, I took him food.

Because he also could no longer pay for garbage pick up, he placed his plastic bags of trash in to an old non running sedan that was parked in his driveway. He had filled the trunk, the back seat, and the front passenger side before his financial problems were resolved.
I remember this guy from earlier in the year:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT