ADVERTISEMENT

MBB Loses to Notre Dame 74-64

I know at least 15 Herd fans driving over from Huntington. I plan to drive over and back the same night.
Leaving tomorrow at 9am and should be back by 5 am on Sat

There would also be some buzz if we didn't go into these games expecting to get our doors blown off.

has happened way too many times as the emphasis for this games seem to be lacking and only worry about the conference schedule. I don't get it.

I have seen it reported on a couple of Marshall sports sites including this mornings HD that the ND bb game is on ACCNetwork. That is incorrect the game is on ACCNetwork+.
Duke/GSU will be on ACCNetwork.

Reactions: The Real SamC
has happened way too many times as the emphasis for this games seem to be lacking and only worry about the conference schedule. I don't get it.
It will be available on ESPN+. It is on ESPN3.
I am looking at my TV now and ESPN+ clearly shows the game as being on. Now, excuse me because I have a 7 hours road trip ahead of me.

I know at least 15 Herd fans driving over from Huntington. I plan to drive over and back the same night.
Leaving tomorrow at 9am and should be back by 5 am on Sat
I assume you're traveling through Cinci, and then taking 74 over to Indy, and hopping on 31 North. If so, be careful on the ride back home. 31 will be full of deer between South Bend and Indy. Nothing but good Indiana farm land, where deer thrive. Plus, gun season just started, so they'll be running wild.

I’ll be at the game. Looking forward to seeing the Notre Dame campus.

I don’t think I’d be excited for this game even if there wasn’t a football game. Hope I am wrong but we’ll be lucky to keep this within 30 points.

Agree. If the team had even a shadow of a chance, I think many would be upset with the overlapped time slot with football and it “only” being on the internet. Pride and ambition of playing “step up” games versus “name” opponents has been replaced with a dread of being truly humiliated and making national news.

Reactions: ilmherdfan
Thundering Herd
1-1, 0-0 AWAY

Halftime
ACCNX 1 2 T
MRSH 29 29
ND 40 40
i

Notre DameFighting Irish

Agree. If the team had even a shadow of a chance, I think many would be upset with the overlapped time slot with football and it “only” being on the internet. Pride and ambition of playing “step up” games versus “name” opponents has been replaced with a dread of being truly humiliated and making national news.
Sammy, WSAZ ain’t national news. Don’t be so dramatic.

I was at the game. We actually missed a wide open three that would have cut the lead to three under two minutes. Intentional fouls in the last minute moved the lead to 10. It actually could have looked better on the scoreboard. That being said...we are not a very good offensive team. We shoot poorly. Williams has been off. West has been our only real three point threat. Hopefully the addition of Taylor will bring some much needed shooting and I have to believe that Williams will eventually find his range.

On a positive note, I thought Bennett looked pretty solid last night. He posted the Notre Dame bigs up several times and scored on some nice looking post moves. He was active on defense (he still gets some silly fouls though) and pulled down several rebounds in traffic. He still had a bunch of shots down low roll off the rim that could have potentially put him near 20, but I like what I saw from him. Starting IB and spelling him with Goran is the best lineup right now. Nothing against George, but he needs to come off the bench.

If we had any offense at all we had a legit shot to sneak a win out of there last night. I think our defense and improved presence in the paint kept us in the game. ND came out hot and jumped to a 14 or 15 early and then we pretty much played with them.

Hopefully we can improve offensively as the season goes on. If we do we’ll be better than many are giving us credit for.

I was at the game. We actually missed a wide open three that would have cut the lead to three under two minutes. Intentional fouls in the last minute moved the lead to 10. It actually could have looked better on the scoreboard. That being said...we are not a very good offensive team. We shoot poorly. Williams has been off. West has been our only real three point threat. Hopefully the addition of Taylor will bring some much needed shooting and I have to believe that Williams will eventually find his range.

On a positive note, I thought Bennett looked pretty solid last night. He posted the Notre Dame bigs up several times and scored on some nice looking post moves. He was active on defense (he still gets some silly fouls though) and pulled down several rebounds in traffic. He still had a bunch of shots down low roll off the rim that could have potentially put him near 20, but I like what I saw from him. Starting IB and spelling him with Goran is the best lineup right now. Nothing against George, but he needs to come off the bench.

If we had any offense at all we had a legit shot to sneak a win out of there last night. I think our defense and improved presence in the paint kept us in the game. ND came out hot and jumped to a 14 or 15 early and then we pretty much played with them.

Hopefully we can improve offensively as the season goes on. If we do we’ll be better than many are giving us credit for.
I was there as well. It was good to talk with GK and his family prior to the tip.
As he said, had West made that 3, this game COULD have had a different ending.
Yes offense needs work. IMO this game showed our lack of a solid PG. I believe that Andrew can solve that problem. We have not moved the ball well all year and that starts with a vocal leader at the PG position that gets the offense moving.
I know I held my head up leaving the Joyce Center last night.
I also know that we had a couple people impress some ND fans. I was approached a few times on the way out about Taevion, Cam and Iran. One guy said "I have been to virtually every game in this building for 20 years and I have never seen 2 leapers like #24 and #1".
A man sitting in front of me was amazed at the way Iran played for the size he is.
It was a great experience for me. I had attended football games at ND but this was my first time in the Joyce Center. The staff there was the best I have ever seen at any venue I have ever been in, The ushers could not have been more helpful. The fans were courteous and it all added to a nice evening.
I left home at 9am Friday and got back at 4:15am Saturday. That was a 19 hour day and I drove 14 hours of it. Not bad!

Sammy, WSAZ ain’t national news. Don’t be so dramatic.

No, but ESPN and its imitators are, which is where we were laughed at last year, such as when UVa played its water boy in that laugher are. We didn't suck suck such at UND, we just sucked, which is all we can expect.

Only a few more games that might garner national attention, especially Florida, and this crew can shrink back under the radar into the nationally ignored one-bid CUSA, where even the 50 point beatdowns (USM) are ignored, sometimes even by WSAZ.

I was there as well. It was good to talk with GK and his family prior to the tip.
As he said, had West made that 3, this game COULD have had a different ending.
Yes offense needs work. IMO this game showed our lack of a solid PG. I believe that Andrew can solve that problem. We have not moved the ball well all year and that starts with a vocal leader at the PG position that gets the offense moving.
I know I held my head up leaving the Joyce Center last night.
I also know that we had a couple people impress some ND fans. I was approached a few times on the way out about Taevion, Cam and Iran. One guy said "I have been to virtually every game in this building for 20 years and I have never seen 2 leapers like #24 and #1".
A man sitting in front of me was amazed at the way Iran played for the size he is.
It was a great experience for me. I had attended football games at ND but this was my first time in the Joyce Center. The staff there was the best I have ever seen at any venue I have ever been in, The ushers could not have been more helpful. The fans were courteous and it all added to a nice evening.
I left home at 9am Friday and got back at 4:15am Saturday. That was a 19 hour day and I drove 14 hours of it. Not bad!
Been there done that, admire your tenacity.

No, but ESPN and its imitators are, which is where we were laughed at last year, such as when UVa played its water boy in that laugher are. We didn't suck suck such at UND, we just sucked, which is all we can expect.

Only a few more games that might garner national attention, especially Florida, and this crew can shrink back under the radar into the nationally ignored one-bid CUSA, where even the 50 point beatdowns (USM) are ignored, sometimes even by WSAZ.
Shrink back under the radar? What radar? Playing a ranked opponent does not put you on a radar. Nor does playing on national tv. Also WSAZ does not pick and choose which games they want to report. You’re not making any sense here. You say we’re being laughed at nationally but we play in a nationally ignored conference? Which is it? By your logic, if a CUSA team is involved in a game, no one cares and there will no national attention. You can’t have it both ways. If you’re saying people pay attention to the non conference games simply for the fact to see something to laugh at it then you’re giving people too much credit. I promise you 99% of casual basketball fans are not paying attention to the majority of the ranked school’s non conference schedules. I’m willing to bet even most fans of those respective schools don’t really care either. Virginia fans didn’t walk away with a different opinion of Marshall and Marshall fans honestly knew we didn’t have a shot. Looking at this year, let’s use the Florida game for example. Outside of the fans of each school, no one is getting hyped up for that. For any reason. Some dude out in California isn’t looking at all of the possible games to watch that day saying, “Yes! Florida vs Marshall! Man I can’t wait to see Marshall get embarrassed!” It must be pretty exhausting following a program that’s laughed at so much and that sucks. One would wonder why you would even waste your time. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a positive post from you. Maybe consider following another school? It may help your outlook on life.

How was the atmosphere there? I’ve always wanted to attend a game at Notre Dame. I like your analysis of the game. I agree, this team has a lot of potential to develop into a solid competitor. I can easily see them putting it together come January/February. I mean hell it wouldn’t take much to surpass the expectations that some folks on here have set for the team.

How was the atmosphere there? I’ve always wanted to attend a game at Notre Dame. I like your analysis of the game. I agree, this team has a lot of potential to develop into a solid competitor. I can easily see them putting it together come January/February. I mean hell it wouldn’t take much to surpass the expectations that some folks on here have set for the team.
It was a good atmosphere and we got a lot of respect from Irish fans. I have never been treated better at a road game anywhere in any sport.
There were plenty of positives in that game and Danny saw a lot of combinations he liked. Expect to see some changes after Taylor gains his eligibility. Talking to Danny at practice Sunday was very enlightening.
As GK said above, had West made that 3 pointer in the final minute, it could have been a different final minute. It didn't happen and we are where we are.
Conference play will be fun for sure. WKU is where we expected to be. The 2 biggest surprises have been the poor start bu UTSA and the GREAT start by Charlotte. The 49'ers have beaten both Davidson and Wake Forest in successive games.

Reactions: WyomingHerdFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT