ADVERTISEMENT

McDonald’s CEO promises ‘affordability’ amid backlash over $18 Big Mac combos, $6 hash browns

raleighherdfan

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 22, 2010
Reactions: rvntx
So the poors are eating less McDonalds but everybody else is eating more? I’m fine with that. Les’s diabetes treatments that I’ll have to pay for to help the poors.

Dollar menu options are back.
maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: raleighherdfan
So the poors are eating less McDonalds but everybody else is eating more? I’m fine with that. Les’s diabetes treatments that I’ll have to pay for to help the poors.
2nd thread I've read tonight with typos from you. New phone? Editor on vacation?

Reactions: Jartard
So, higher incomes ultimately raise prices...see what you did there?
Yeah, you moron. No one argued it wouldn't. I can see $120/hr median household incomes raising prices for a big mac meal to $18. Do you agree with your idiot con friend who claimed raising the minimum wage to $15/hr would create $13 Happy Meals?

Yeah, you moron. No one argued it wouldn't. I can see $120/hr median household incomes raising prices for a big mac meal to $18. Do you agree with your idiot con friend who claimed raising the minimum wage to $15/hr would create $13 Happy Meals?
Minimum wage in Connecticut is already $15.69/hour moron. $18 meals are here and going higher.

A $15.69 minimum wage does NOT cause $18 Big Mac meals. You idiot.
In a business with nickel/dime margins, that is incredibly sensitive to costs increases, both in food and lower cost labor...yes it does. This is just one story that blew your assertion ($15min wage not impacting prices) out of the water. More to come as min wage goes higher, prices increase and more min wage layoffs expand.

In a business with nickel/dime margins, that is incredibly sensitive to costs increases, both in food and lower cost labor...yes it does. This is just one story that blew your assertion ($15min wage not impacting costs) out of the water. More to come as min wage goes higher, prices increase and more min wage layoffs expand.
we could hit deflation. then, it gets real interesting. you could see mass layoff.

In a business with nickel/dime margins, that is incredibly sensitive to costs increases, both in food and lower cost labor...yes it does. This is just one story that blew your assertion ($15min wage not impacting prices) out of the water. More to come as min wage goes higher, prices increase and more min wage layoffs expand.
I have never asserted that raising the minimum wage wouldn't raise prices. Every time you say that is just another time you can't refrain from lying like the idiot you are. That story showed no such thing, you moron. If a $16/hour minimum wage causes $18 Big Mac meals in Darien, Conn, how does L.A. Calif manage to sell them for $11 with a $15.50 minimum wage.

I haven't seen you complain about paying the cost of health care, housing, food, education, room and board for illegal foreign nationals, but you're bitching about helping American citizens....That's, you know, rich.

You and your orange jesus are hoping for a recession before the election. bravo
This is what your ilk wanted and got with the pandemic shutdowns.

We dont need to hope for a recession. The upcoming tax increases and other increased regulations proposed by Mush Administration virtually insures it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 30CAT
They charge you that much because they have to fix the toilet after you eat that
Controversy at the local one near me. A worker spit in a lady's food. Gave it to her at the drive through. She took a picture of the loogie.

If a $16/hour minimum wage causes $18 Big Mac meals in Darien, Conn, how does L.A. Calif manage to sell them for $11 with a $15.50 minimum wage
Labor and cost of goods are the two major cost drivers for this type of low skilled business. Fact.
Sales volume is the most likely "influencer" of prices charged.

Reactions: mlblack16.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT