ADVERTISEMENT

McDonald’s CEO promises ‘affordability’ amid backlash over $18 Big Mac combos, $6 hash browns

Taco Bell

Two Soft Tacos
One Crunchy Taco
One Pintos n Cheese
One Medium Drink

$14.14 before tax.

Inflation. Rising Wages.
Out here in Commifornia I can get three tacos and a drink for $7.89. So either that’s an expensive pintos and cheese, you’re intentionally ignoring combos to drive up the price, or we’ve got something better regionally figured out than NC that’s driving down the price.

Labor and cost of goods are the two major cost drivers for this type of low skilled business. Fact.
Sales volume is the most likely "influencer" of prices charged.
But it's not minimum wage increases. I've already proven to you supply side magats that increasing the minimum wage from $7.35 to $15 increases a $4 burger to $4.36.

Out here in Commifornia I can get three tacos and a drink for $7.89. So either that’s an expensive pintos and cheese, you’re intentionally ignoring combos to drive up the price, or we’ve got something better regionally figured out than NC that’s driving down the price.
I just order them off the menu at the drive through. Checked the prices on their web page based on zip code when I posted that.

I do see the combos now on their web page now. Would still be over $10 if you add the pintos n cheese.

I can't go to the one where I live now because some dude was spitting in the food.

Del Taco and countless taco trucks in your market. The trucks would be my choice.

Everything is going up. Thanks MUSH!

We wanted to let you know that starting October 12, 2023, the price of ESPN+ is changing so we can continue to bring you more exclusive live sports, ESPN+ Originals, and Premium Editorial.

The price of your subscription will change to $109.99 per year on March 12, 2024. Your payment method on file will be charged unless you cancel before then

I just order them off the menu at the drive through. Checked the prices on their web page based on zip code when I posted that.

I do see the combos now on their web page now. Would still be over $10 if you add the pintos n cheese.

I can't go to the one where I live now because some dude was spitting in the food.
Here’s another thing that you see especially at McDonald’s but it’s creeping in everywhere. They’re charging a lot more for people who order at the drive thru versus the app. The app will have a ton of deals, coupons, etc that aren’t available any other way. I’ve noticed pizza places are really bad about it too. I ordered dominos and hung up when they told me it would be like $100 for 6 large pizzas, got on the app and it was like $50. I don’t remember the exact numbers but it was like half.

Oh yeah I for sure do not go to Taco Bell out here. The trucks are good but the hole in the wall spots where no one speaks any English are better. I don’t like Del Taco at all though. Would rather have Taco Bell.
I like Taco Bell, but I have to watch some of them. Told you about the food spitting. Some of them are really good. But, some of them make you wonder what is going on behind the counter.

Here’s another thing that you see especially at McDonald’s but it’s creeping in everywhere. They’re charging a lot more for people who order at the drive thru versus the app. The app will have a ton of deals, coupons, etc that aren’t available any other way. I’ve noticed pizza places are really bad about it too. I ordered dominos and hung up when they told me it would be like $100 for 6 large pizzas, got on the app and it was like $50. I don’t remember the exact numbers but it was like half.
Don't even get me going on pizza places. I have posted it on here before, but they are ALL skimping on the sauce. Everyone one of them. Is there a tomato shortage out there or something? Dry pizza. I am starting to order it with extra sauce which now makes it normal sauce. But, they charge me for it. Don't blame them for charging but, they are all skimping on the sauce. Not just the chains but the local places. New York Pizza, Chicago Pizza, Papa Johns, whatever.

Speaking of pizza is Evaroni's still around in Kenova? Man, that place was good.

Well, perfect timing for the discussion. Went to their web page. On the front page.

Evaronis-w_slogan.jpg

We had to adjust our prices due to the rising cost in food, paper products and delivery fees.

The prices on the website may not match our new prices.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, you didn't prove anything. You attempted but failed miserably. Try again.
You're a bare faced liar.

I've already proven to you supply side magats that increasing the minimum wage from $7.35 to $15 increases a $4 burger to $4.36.

No. You got shown your math for determining wages and prices was inept. Kudos for at least trying.
You're a stupid liar.

I've already proven to you supply side magats that increasing the minimum wage from $7.35 to $15 increases a $4 burger to $4.36.

You're answering a question with a dumb and irrelevant question and you're asking him if he's stupid? 😂
You're too stupid to understand the stupidity of the question I replied to. And you're a lying idiot magat.

You're too stupid to understand the stupidity of the question I replied to. And you're a lying idiot magat.

You're right. It shouldn't have been a question, rather a statement. You are saying we have a shortage of Big Macs.

Dumbass.

No. But I imagine there's good food there.
You’ve got to watch out that it isn’t too authentic because a fair bit of Mexican poverty cooking is cooking the hell out of expired meat so it won’t make you sick and masking the off flavors with whatever is around.

They’ve got to have been in the US long enough to get a little snobby is what I’m saying. I’ve eaten at some places in town that I’m told is really authentic Mexican food and found out that’s not actually a good thing.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
So you're admitting your stupid??
no more than you are via using the incorrect homophone when basically calling someone stupid.

no worries, though, it's a given when coming from yore uneducated dumbass.

no more than you are via using the incorrect homophone when basically calling someone stupid.

no worries, though, it's a given when coming from yore uneducated dumbass.
You're a liar. Want proof?? You're here.

Credit to Banker for posting this, the last time Greed got educated on this subject. It's worth reading again.

Do a little research and look at what’s called the Kaitz Index. It tracks the relationship between minimum wage and median wage. What you will find is that it has been fairly consistent that minimum wage is around 50% of median wage. In the late 70s minimum wage was $2.10 and median wage was $4.40. When the minimum was $6.00 the median was around $12. In 2021 minimum was $7.25 and median was $17.00, so you could argue for an $8.50 minimum.

Given this economic history, an increase to minimum to $15 implies median income would have to climb to $30-$32/hr to meet historic equilibrium. People who are working lower skilled jobs making $14/hr aren’t going to be happy making the same as a burger flipper. So to keep them you will need to pay them $18-$19. So then medium skilled positions won’t be happy making low skill wages…

This will raise prices on all goods and services produced meaning the purchasing power of dollars decrease and those minimum wage workers are no better off. They can still only afford the same stuff they could before.

In the 80s a Big Mac meal was $2.69, minimum wage was $3.35.

In the 90s a Big Mac meal was $4.59, minimum wage was $4.75.

In the 2020s a Big Mac meal is $7.89, minimum wage is $7.25.

You see a trend here? Given the above data, what is the expected Big Mac meal price if minimum wage is $15?

This again supports the Kaitz Index and the fact that minimum wage should probably by around $8.50, but not $15.

Credit to Banker for posting this, the last time Greed got educated on this subject. It's worth reading again.

Do a little research and look at what’s called the Kaitz Index. It tracks the relationship between minimum wage and median wage. What you will find is that it has been fairly consistent that minimum wage is around 50% of median wage. In the late 70s minimum wage was $2.10 and median wage was $4.40. When the minimum was $6.00 the median was around $12. In 2021 minimum was $7.25 and median was $17.00, so you could argue for an $8.50 minimum.

Given this economic history, an increase to minimum to $15 implies median income would have to climb to $30-$32/hr to meet historic equilibrium. People who are working lower skilled jobs making $14/hr aren’t going to be happy making the same as a burger flipper. So to keep them you will need to pay them $18-$19. So then medium skilled positions won’t be happy making low skill wages…

This will raise prices on all goods and services produced meaning the purchasing power of dollars decrease and those minimum wage workers are no better off. They can still only afford the same stuff they could before.

In the 80s a Big Mac meal was $2.69, minimum wage was $3.35.

In the 90s a Big Mac meal was $4.59, minimum wage was $4.75.

In the 2020s a Big Mac meal is $7.89, minimum wage is $7.25.

You see a trend here? Given the above data, what is the expected Big Mac meal price if minimum wage is $15?

This again supports the Kaitz Index and the fact that minimum wage should probably by around $8.50, but not $15.
Greed's jr high edumakation can't comprehend.

Reactions: 30CAT
Here's all you need to know. If we tied the minimum wage to inflation starting in 1968, the minimum wage in 2024 would be $14.39/hr.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT