ADVERTISEMENT

MU v EKU game

ilmherdfan

Gold Buffalo
Mar 11, 2007
Anyone watching? We looked good early but tailing off now. Elmore has a tough start. 1-5 from field and 2-5 from the line.

Refs have been terrible at both ends. I don't know if they are as bad as the free throw shooting.

I agree, it's amazing how bad officiating can really make a game look so sloppy.

Anyone else having trouble mirroring ESPN+ to there TV?
I’ve Mirrored my Iphone many times to the TV with the Apple adapter. The game plays on my phone but when I plug in the Mirroring it shuts off the game!! Ugh

I’ve Mirrored my Iphone many times to the TV with the Apple adapter. The game plays on my phone but when I plug in the Mirroring it shuts off the game!! Ugh
Get an AppleTV 4K Chuck. It’s awesome. No need to mirror.

Reactions: chuck1069
Shooting 55% (40% from 3) but did give up 15 offensive rebounds. 7 turnovers, 13 assists on 22 fg.

Not bad for the first real game and on the road. If Elmore heats up it could be over quick.

Reactions: Elkview

I'm doing it the old fashioned way, laptop to TV with an HDMI cable.

Reactions: chuck1069
Overall we looked pretty good... Elmore couldnt buy one early and our guys scored 105.

Bennett needs to continue working on his conditioning and moving his feet on D.

Kinsey is going to contribute off the bench with some microwave minutes. Instant offense.

I love watching West play perimeter defense. Talk about being a master of a lost art.

So we get a win and I’m glad. It’s a positive start. My question is our “big” (Bennett) scores 2 points and Byers (whom everyone on here was raving about) gets 3 points and the resident expert who went to all practices posted on here the impact he was going to make. So Elmore and Burks combine for 50 but the “bigs” not so much. Lot of games to go but I expected a better performance from those two.

So we get a win and I’m glad. It’s a positive start. My question is our “big” (Bennett) scores 2 points and Byers (whom everyone on here was raving about) gets 3 points and the resident expert who went to all practices posted on here the impact he was going to make. So Elmore and Burks combine for 50 but the “bigs” not so much. Lot of games to go but I expected a better performance from those two.
There were 5 FG attempts between the two. Obviously the usage expectation was greater, but production vs opportunity is about what you would expect. They’re both new and getting used to the speed of the game. If the usage and/or production stays the same over the next month, there will be cause for concern. But overall, I seen a better performance than what I expected last night.

Also, getting back to the usage aspect. Elmore might have gotten 20, but we were really trying those last 10 minutes to pad his stats. Those are usually minutes where younger guys could have gotten some looks. Didn’t work out that way last night because Elmore got off to such a cold start. So 50 from Elmore & Burks is a little misleading too.

Bennett was in foul trouble all game. He only played a couple of minutes in the 1st half. There were a lot of fouls called so I’m not sure if he was guilty of both of those fouls. I thought he looked pretty good on defense in the 2nd half.

Reactions: Herdmeister
I think Bennett has done a decent job on defense on Mayo this half.
Yes, he really caused him problems. He had a couple really lousy calls against him in the first half that put him in trouble. Overall the officiating was absolutely awful, both ways.
I didn't drive 2 hours to see a FT shooting contest. 51 fouls being called in a regulation college game is excessive.

Bennett and Beyers played a combined 18 minutes according to the box score due to foul trouble... Not to mention that Burks was unconscious in the first half and thus was getting a ton of touches (and rightfully so). Also important to point out that Bennett hasn't played in an organized game in two years.

I wouldn't worry about our bigs for the first five games or so. It's going to take time to integrate those guys.

Reactions: Herdmeister
Bennett and Beyers played a combined 18 minutes according to the box score due to foul trouble... Not to mention that Burks was unconscious in the first half and thus was getting a ton of touches (and rightfully so). Also important to point out that Bennett hasn't played in an organized game in two years.

I wouldn't worry about our bigs for the first five games or so. It's going to take time to integrate those guys.
Ante played pretty well in the middle. He has grown by leaps and bounds since we saw him in his May workout. He has been a sponge when the staff has worked with him. He truly gets it and does all necessary to improve his game. He loves being here!

Reactions: pdbailey
We are going to learn a lot about what we have on Sunday... Hofstra is a good ball club, they are picked to finish 2nd in the CAA (went 19-12 last year and return 4 starters), and they have one of the elite scorers in the country. Justin Wright-Foreman finished 5th in the nation in scoring last season.

We are going to learn a lot about what we have on Sunday... Hofstra is a good ball club, they are picked to finish 2nd in the CAA (went 19-12 last year and return 4 starters), and they have one of the elite scorers in the country. Justin Wright-Foreman finished 5th in the nation in scoring last season.
True. This will be the best team to have come in for the annual Global event. We will need to be ready to play.

That is by design. ESPN does not want you to "mirror" games, probably because one customer could use his account in a bar or something. Probably some smart person knows a work around, but just use an HDMI cable from a laptop, or buy an "over the top" box like Apple TV, Roku, or Amazon Fire Stick (which Amazon will give you if you are a prime member) and download the ESPN app and log in, or buy a "smart TV" and do the same.

Some higher end DirecTV boxes also now allow you to download the ESPN app.

This team looks like it can be scary good. We shot 30 some % from three and played pretty sloppy at times. Especially the last four minutes of the half and we still blew this team out. If we could have kept our focus the whole game we could have won by an even bigger margin.

I don't know how good EKU is supposed to be this year, but I thought we looked like we were just on another level than they were. Haven't felt like that in a long time.

Just look at this play.

If this is how we look game one I can't wait to see what we look like come conference tournament time!

This team looks like it can be scary good. We shot 30 some % from three and played pretty sloppy at times. Especially the last four minutes of the half and we still blew this team out. If we could have kept our focus the whole game we could have won by an even bigger margin.

I don't know how good EKU is supposed to be this year, but I thought we looked like we were just on another level than they were. Haven't felt like that in a long time.

Just look at this play.

If this is how we look game one I can't wait to see what we look like come conference tournament time!
EKU was picked 6th out of 12 teams: http://ovcsports.com/news/2018/10/1...dler-tabbed-preseason-player-of-the-year.aspx

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Ante played pretty well in the middle. He has grown by leaps and bounds since we saw him in his May workout. He has been a sponge when the staff has worked with him. He truly gets it and does all necessary to improve his game. He loves being here!

and he has Jannson as a roommate. I'm hoping Jannson is talking to him and keeping the positive thoughts and advice flowing.

I don’t think he ever gets there. He will battle weight fluctuations his entire career

Hope we’re both wrong and he can contribute sooner than later.

It’s gonna be a tough task for the young man to lose another 20-30 pounds.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT