ADVERTISEMENT

Musk Twitter deal could be a done deal and close up in next 24 hours or so.

This is completely shocking to Greed. A large shareholder of a company buying the company??? Nooooo.
Board quickly realized their fiduciary responsibility to the shareholders and learned no one else wanted it. They would have been negligent and liable had they not accepted.

Frankly I have no idea why anyone would want to own a company with diminished earnings potential. Unless this is changed/turned around Twitter is a turd of an investment.

I too wonder why Musk wants this thing. He's obviously seeing something there. Perhaps, it's merely he can spend huge sums to pursue his interests.

"Free speech" is noble pursuit, and many believe Twitter is today's "public square"... which I understand. However, one major difference is the public square is owned by the public...where Twitter is a private entity (perhaps more private in the near future).

I suppose we'll see how dedicated Musk is to "free speech" in the event Twitter comments turn against him or his interests. Then again, maybe we won't.

I too wonder why Musk wants this thing. He's obviously seeing something there. Perhaps, it's merely he can spend huge sums to pursue his interests.

"Free speech" is noble pursuit, and many believe Twitter is today's "public square"... which I understand. However, one major difference is the public square is owned by the public...where Twitter is a private entity (perhaps more private in the near future).

I suppose we'll see how dedicated Musk is to "free speech" in the event Twitter comments turn against him or his interests. Then again, maybe we won't.
He thinks he can make money with it. History says he’s probably right.

This is completely shocking to Greed. A large shareholder of a company buying the company??? Nooooo.
Board quickly realized their fiduciary responsibility to the shareholders and learned no one else wanted it. They would have been negligent and liable had they not accepted.

Frankly I have no idea why anyone would want to own a company with diminished earnings potential. Unless this is changed/turned around Twitter is a turd of an investment.
shareholders don't own the business. phlegmwad.

Second word definition of the day...

Shareholder -

an owner of shares in a company.
You lying idiot punk, read the following words as a complete sentence....

"shareholders don't own the business."

Maybe Musk understands that having "free speech" platforms is a good thing. Face it you will always have a lunatic fringe out there. They exist on both the right and the left. I say let people sort through the stupid stuff . This will serve a notice to Facebook that trying to limit speech to only what they like is not a good thing. I will return to Twitter if Elon buys it.

Reactions: KyMUfan
Maybe Musk understands that having "free speech" platforms is a good thing. Face it you will always have a lunatic fringe out there. They exist on both the right and the left. I say let people sort through the stupid stuff . This will serve a notice to Facebook that trying to limit speech to only what they like is not a good thing. I will return to Twitter if Elon buys it.
Why do you think Facebook will care about this? Unless their users leave to go to Twitter, what difference does it make to them if Twitter changes it’s moderation policies?

People are abandoning FB right and left. Not because it's censorship practices, but because Twitter, Snap, and Instagram have all taken its place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT