ADVERTISEMENT

On a side note, screw Elon Musk

Raoul Duke MU

Doctor of Journalism
Musk has ruined Twitter. Or Xitter. Might as well be Shitter.

I have never had as much difficulty tracking an event halfway around the world as I did this weekend. Disinformation out the wazoo, anyone can get a blue check for eight bucks and get bumped by the algorithm to spread bullshit, average citizen reports (which was always the main benefit of Twitter in a situation like this) get buried.

These concerns have also been expressed by the usual Intel aggregators that are always dependable in these events. Shit was damn near useless.

Telegram was better.

Mainstream media can and will be controlled by nations in a time of crisis. And it's understandable, operational security is a thing. But it is important we get a full and complete picture, both for truth in the moment and for history. And do not discount the ability of open-souce Intel and citizen reports to urge people to act to protect themselves.

Musk sucks.

The Ukrainian military and US military are relying on him. And, oh, NASA is as well.
When he isn't turning shit off on the Ukrainians because he doesn't like a mission.

If the US is relying on Starlink for coms, good God we are dumber than I realized and I really might move to Newfoundland and become a sheep farmer.

Well, you might want to get a winter coat and some Long Johns.
Merry Christmas GIF

The libs despise him now, hence the hate from Raoul.
I despise him for ruining a....somewhat good thing. Twitter has always been a cesspool, but there are times it was very useful.

Did you know Xitter has changed how local TV news and the NWS push warning tweets? They changed the API and limited it to 50 auto-tweets in 24 hours. In a severe weather outbreak, or a damn wildfire (ask people in Gatlinburg if multiple ways to get evac orders would have been nice...but that's a whole other discussion), that's not much. And it is best to have multiple ways to receive warnings (because technology is vulnerable to storms). Now why would he do that? The World's Smartest Man can't find a way to not apply that to public safety messages? Is public safety also a LiBrUL thing?

I despise him for ruining a....somewhat good thing. Twitter has always been a cesspool, but there are times it was very useful.

Did you know Xitter has changed how local TV news and the NWS push warning tweets? They changed the API and limited it to 50 auto-tweets in 24 hours. In a severe weather outbreak, or a damn wildfire (ask people in Gatlinburg if multiple ways to get evac orders would have been nice...but that's a whole other discussion), that's not much. And it is best to have multiple ways to receive warnings (because technology is vulnerable to storms). Now why would he do that? The World's Smartest Man can't find a way to not apply that to public safety messages? Is public safety also a LiBrUL thing?
Got it! So you like it when it fits the liberal agenda and falls in line with the mainstream media. If you rely on social media for natural disaster warnings, you might not be the smartest one out there.

I have never had as much difficulty tracking an event halfway around the world as I did this weekend. Disinformation out the wazoo, anyone can get a blue check for eight bucks and get bumped by the algorithm to spread bullshit, average citizen reports (which was always the main benefit of Twitter in a situation like this) get buried.

These concerns have also been expressed by the usual Intel aggregators that are always dependable in these events. Shit was damn near useless.

Telegram was better.

Mainstream media can and will be controlled by nations in a time of crisis. And it's understandable, operational security is a thing. But it is important we get a full and complete picture, both for truth in the moment and for history. And do not discount the ability of open-souce Intel and citizen reports to urge people to act to protect themselves.

Musk sucks.

Are you saying you support censoring of free speech? I see information I don't like as well, but it doesn't mean it's (the often used word by Democrats) "disinformation." Pedo-Joe and the gang spread "disinformation" on a daily basis.

When he isn't turning shit off on the Ukrainians because he doesn't like a mission.

If the US is relying on Starlink for coms, good God we are dumber than I realized and I really might move to Newfoundland and become a sheep farmer.

Twitter was better because Democrats pretty much controlled it? I figure it is strange to you when you get to see challenges to the left's agenda.

Got it! So you like it when it fits the liberal agenda and falls in line with the mainstream media. If you rely on social media for natural disaster warnings, you might not be the smartest one out there.
Oh look, someone else you reads worse than a first grader....
And it is best to have multiple ways to receive warnings
I swear to God, how you function on a daily basis is a mystery.

But LiBrUl aGeNdAh dUrP!

Translation: Twitter was better when it was censoring ideological content I disagreed with.

Telegram was better.

Musk sucks.
not enough propaganda or suppression of free speech for you? prefer to get the content provided by CIA and FBI as you are herded like an ignorant sheep?

Reactions: 30CAT and Jartard

What did he turn off? Like, actually turn off. After the accusation, the reports were he didn't grant the emergency request because he had been told it would invoke a nuclear response.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/08/world/europe/elon-musk-starlink-ukraine.html

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Seriously, you seem even more stupid today.
Says the guy with zero reading comprehension, as proven once again in this very thread.
Translation: Twitter was better when it was censoring ideological content I disagreed with.
Translation: The problem here is Musk wants you to get your news from Xitter.

So it might be a good idea if Musk clamps down on the bullshit disinformation, instead if actively promoting it. But hey, when you fire everyone whose job it was to clamp down on the bullshit, you get more bullshit.
After the accusation, the reports were he didn't grant the emergency request because he had been told it would invoke a nuclear response.
Should this be the determination of a private citizen or corporation?

Herdman says the US military is relying on Starlink. If Red China says something we do will cause them to nuke us, and it's clearly bullshit (as was Russia's claim, Putin is a little crazy but he ain't insane), are you going to keep that Musk nut in your mouth when he shuts us down?

Says the guy with zero reading comprehension, as proven once again in this very thread.

Translation: The problem here is Musk wants you to get your news from Xitter.

So it might be a good idea if Musk clamps down on the bullshit disinformation, instead if actively promoting it. But hey, when you fire everyone whose job it was to clamp down on the bullshit, you get more bullshit.

Should this be the determination of a private citizen or corporation?

Herdman says the US military is relying on Starlink. If Red China says something we do will cause them to nuke us, and it's clearly bullshit (as was Russia's claim, Putin is a little crazy but he ain't insane), are you going to keep that Musk nut in your mouth when he shuts us down?
A lot of words to admit he didn't shut anything down.

See my previous post.
I'd have given it more consideration if not for the fact that most of the ideological misinformation I have been seeing has been on the side of Hamas and their sympathizers. So tell me again what ideological content I think Xitter should moderate?

I've seen actual fake videos of Israeli troops committing atrocities like the ones Hamas in fact has committed. That's the worst of it, sure. But in total it's running about 75-25 fvck Israel. I'm on their side, dumbass. I'd prefer peace, but that happening any time soon, I'm sure I'll go to my grave without seeing peace.

Yes, I'm pretty sure I'm claiming Musk didn't shut down misinformation.

I honestly don't know how you people can be this dumb and manage simple things like wiping your own ass.
"When he isn't turning shit off on the Ukrainians because he doesn't like a mission." - Raoul Duke MU

Do you lie about wiping your own ass, too?

The world's richest man, and that's the best you can do. I don't get it.

Grimes_960xXPx_LIGHBTBOX_IMG_0915_c_Lux.jpg
looking like that, she's a freak and has put a sucky/fvcky on him that he'll never forget. probably started as a late night after hours BJ in the office and went from there.

are we sure it's a she/her? looks kinda like a teenage boy still in puberty.

"When he isn't turning shit off on the Ukrainians because he doesn't like a mission." - Raoul Duke MU

Do you lie about wiping your own ass, too?
This thread was intended to be a discussion of Xitter and the disinformation clusterfvck this weekend.

It's not my fault herdman immediately got it off-topic in the first reply by going military and Starlink, which has zero to do with Xitter.

So I apologize for briefly misidentifying you as the rare con here that stays on topic. The truth is, in my mind you are all the same person, breathing from the mouth and slow of brain, with a MAGA flag hanging in the garage. Except for herdman, because he's a giant ginger and thus stands out in the crowd.

And I'm still right ...I certainly never said Musk turned off disinformation, that's the whole point of the thread I started. Slapnuts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT