ADVERTISEMENT

On a side note, screw Elon Musk

This thread was intended to be a discussion of Xitter and the disinformation clusterfvck this weekend.

It's not my fault herdman immediately got it off-topic in the first reply by going military and Starlink, which has zero to do with Xitter.

So I apologize for briefly misidentifying you as the rare con here that stays on topic. The truth is, in my mind you are all the same person, breathing from the mouth and slow of brain, with a MAGA flag hanging in the garage. Except for herdman, because he's a giant ginger and thus stands out in the crowd.

And I'm still right ...I certainly never said Musk turned off disinformation, that's the whole point of the thread I started. Slapnuts.
That's okay, you're just liberal who pretends to be above the muck but in reality, you're not.

I’ve figured out the problem. If you are upset because you can’t get enough, or what you consider good, info on the Israel/hamas deal and are upset because the videos you are watching about that conflict are fake, the solution is simple:

Get a fk’in life and quit living in your fk’in phone. Twitter, instagram and facebook are so “necessary” that we somehow managed to only make it 99.99% of human existence without them. During that time we did things like go from beating squirrels to death with rocks just to eat to standing on the moon.

Rants like the one you’re on, Raoul, show that even intelligent people can become useless by falling under the spell of social media. Was your life better in the 70s thru 2010 or now? Just let social media go.

Reactions: Jartard
intelligent people can become useless by falling under the spell of social media. Just let social media go.
You need to have a talk with your unintelligent people on the board because they are the ones posting twitter/X junk here.

You need to have a talk with your unintelligent people on the board because they are the ones posting twitter/X junk here.

While the message was to Raoul since it’s his thread, anyone is free to read it and take whatever they take from it.

Unlike others, my thought is that threads should, in some manner, stay relevant to the OP and not degrade into pointless chaos.

While the message was to Raoul since it’s his thread, anyone is free to read it and take whatever they take from it.

Unlike others, my thought is that threads should, in some manner, stay relevant to the OP and not degrade into pointless chaos.
The “moderators” would do something about it if they had any stones. It’s not the squabbles that are the problem, it’s that every thread devolves into unimaginative repetition.

The “moderators” would do something about it if they had any stones. It’s not the squabbles that are the problem, it’s that every thread devolves into unimaginative repetition.
Take a look at these 2 idiots^^^

Neither are intelligent enough to figure out what's going on in this thread. There were 42 posts on this thread before banker posted. It's "raouls thread" so he posted about 12 times and all but 3 (herdfan06) of the remaining 27 posts were all by conservatives. That means the degrading into "pointless chaos", "squabbles", and "unimaginative repetition" falls squarely on the chaotic, squabbling, and unimaginative repetitions of conservatives.

The moderator - Raoul - isn't going to do anything about Greed because he's one of "the good guys."

The moderator - Raoul - isn't going to do anything about Greed because he's one of "the good guys."
I got an offer to be a moderator on this board a long time ago. Do moderators see IP addresses? If so, I'd consider it just to see if my hunches on different accounts are correct.

• Haha
Reactions: mlblack16.
unimaginative repetitions.
ho lee shit, yore the king of unimaginative repetition.

You're an idiot oath breaker.

Funny, I made a post the other day about moderation and what you want. As I said, it's apparent you all want a free for all. Block those who get on your nerves.

Funny, I made a post the other day about moderation and what you want. As I said, it's apparent you all want a free for all. Block those who get on your nerves.
I have. This board used to be a good place to have arguments about policy. I get why folks rarely post on here & have instead moved over to the other site.

I’ve figured out the problem. If you are upset because you can’t get enough, or what you consider good, info on the Israel/hamas deal and are upset because the videos you are watching about that conflict are fake, the solution is simple:

Get a fk’in life and quit living in your fk’in phone. Twitter, instagram and facebook are so “necessary” that we somehow managed to only make it 99.99% of human existence without them. During that time we did things like go from beating squirrels to death with rocks just to eat to standing on the moon.

Rants like the one you’re on, Raoul, show that even intelligent people can become useless by falling under the spell of social media. Was your life better in the 70s thru 2010 or now? Just let social media go.
The flip side of this:

I find instant, citizen accounts of conflict highly valuable. The mass media quickly become under the spell of various agendas and angles. This is somewhat unavoidable, because as soon as a military clamps down on the ground a government is in control of what is released.

I find this current conflict, or should I say the Hamas terrorist actions, even more horrific and despicable than what the media has portrayed, because there was shit done that people don't have the stomach to see and thus mass media won't show. Sure, they allude to it...and others will alude that it is over-exagerated.

I've been alarmed by the media focus on the plight on Gazans. This is how I keep my head straight on the facts.

Was I happier in the 70s? Sure. I was a child.

I don't spend too much time with social media. It's a way to keep up with friends, and a way to see some great photography and videography. Xitter is a tool for getting instant information, otherwise it is a cesspool...and it is quickly becoming NOT a way to get instant information on events. And that's a shame.

I have. This board used to be a good place to have arguments about policy. I get why folks rarely post on here & have instead moved over to the other site.
You ever think what you are seeing is merely a reflection of our state of politics?

EG calls you liars and morons. Y'all call him names. Chicken or the egg, who knows.

You ever think what you are seeing is merely a reflection of our state of politics?

EG calls you liars and morons. Y'all call him names. Chicken or the egg, who knows.
Then moderate.

I couldn't tell you the last time I actually interacted with EG or even saw one of their posts. For all I know they probably have me on ignore as well.

it is quickly becoming NOT a way to get instant information on events. And that's a shame.
i don't care one way or the other on X, i never look at it with the occasional link that's posted here or elsewhere, i.e. i don't Xitter on the daily. i did enjoy musk buying it and turning it on it's lid.

i do find it a bit humorous that lefties are crying about Xitter misinformation now, when not so long ago they sucked up the misinformation that was posted there and us cons were considered idiots because our side said what a lot of the information it was, bullshit.

lefites have gone from eating bullshit to crying because there's no more bullshit to eat.

i don't care one way or the other on X, i never look at it with the occasional link that's posted here or elsewhere, i.e. i don't Xitter on the daily. i did enjoy musk buying it and turning it on it's lid.

i do find it a bit humorous that lefties are crying about Xitter misinformation now, when not so long ago they sucked up the misinformation that was posted there and us cons were considered idiots because our side said what a lot of the information it was, bullshit.

lefites have gone from eating bullshit to crying because there's no more bullshit to eat.
I think you are confusing political posts with accounts of current events and actual state and terror organization sponsored propaganda. It ain't the same sport.

I don't care if politicians lie....that's what they are supposed to do (maybe not every damn word like some of them).

I hate what has happened to Twitter. Its really turned into a cesspool.

However, I love my Tesla. Saving a crap ton of money and the car has been absolutely amazing. So I'm calling it even with Musk right now.

I hate what has happened to Twitter. Its really turned into a cesspool.

However, I love my Tesla. Saving a crap ton of money and the car has been absolutely amazing. So I'm calling it even with Musk right now.
I'm not trying to pick a fight - what has changed? Twitter was a cesspool long before Elon or Trump jumped on.

I'm not trying to pick a fight - what has changed? Twitter was a cesspool long before Elon or Trump jumped on.
Twitter used to be owned and operated by liberals. And I'm not talking about your ordinary, garden variety like Raoul. I'm talking hard core Leftists. They censored what they decided was disinformation, permanently banned accounts, shadow banned, and all sorts of dirty tactics to silence anyone who went against the narrative.

Elon took over and said enough. Going forward we censor based on criteria that gets applied to ALL users. Leftists and liberals did not take kindly to having their playground rules altered where they now have to put up with dissent.

Twitter used to be owned and operated by liberals. And I'm not talking about your ordinary, garden variety like Raoul. I'm talking hard core Leftists. They censored what they decided was disinformation, permanently banned accounts, shadow banned, and all sorts of dirty tactics to silence anyone who went against the narrative.

Elon took over and said enough. Going forward we censor based on criteria that gets applied to ALL users. Leftists and liberals did not take kindly to having their playground rules altered where they now have to put up with dissent.
so basically, those crying about Xitter are mad that their political foes are no longer sensored. is that what yore saying?

Amazing that you people still think I am talking about the usual, mostly American, political stuff.

On the flip side, some accounts I trust have done an amazing job on investigating the Gaza hospital mess.

It's crazy to me that even with all the great new tech and lack of filter from legacy media that twitter brings...it's still impossible to tell what is true for at least 24-72 hours in the fog of war. This hospital stuff is crazy. Seeing this morning it was maybe just the parking lot that got hit?

I sure hope our leaders aren't too trigger happy. You've got to take time to figure out WTF is going on. So hard to tell.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
It's crazy to me that even with all the great new tech and lack of filter from legacy media that twitter brings...it's still impossible to tell what is true for at least 24-72 hours in the fog of war. This hospital stuff is crazy. Seeing this morning it was maybe just the parking lot that got hit?

I sure hope our leaders aren't too trigger happy. You've got to take time to figure out WTF is going on. So hard to tell.
You have to have a good bullshit detector, for sure. Which is made harder when Xitter no longer has the staff to weed out obvious disinformation spread by state and quasi-state actors.

Me, I'm wondering where the 500 bodies went overnight. Hamas loves to parade out dead bodies.

• Haha
You have to have a good bullshit detector, for sure. Which is made harder when Xitter no longer has the staff to weed out obvious disinformation spread by state and quasi-state actors.

Me, I'm wondering where the 500 bodies went overnight. Hamas loves to parade out dead bodies.
Boy, did they weed out information. Twitter really took a hit when everything came to light about how they were basically a subsidiary agency of the gubment, who censored information based on whims.

Boy, did they weed out information. Twitter really took a hit when everything came to light about how they were basically a subsidiary agency of the gubment, who censored information based on whims.
Yeah, it’s been proven that Raoul’s side is a bunch of manipulative liars, yet he looked the other way. Now him and the libiots are mad they have been exposed as the liars that they are.

so basically, those crying about Xitter are mad that their political foes are no longer sensored. is that what yore saying?
Yup 😎

you people

@MichiganHerd is gonna pretend his black ass didn't see this

😆😆😀😀😂😂

I simply just don't trust anyone, be it state actors, non state actors, or the people formerly working at twitter labeling things "disinformation." Half to what twitter said was disinformation for covid turned out to be correct.

Just let it all be out there and the truth (or something close to it) will show up eventually.

Everyone has an agenda. Everyone.

I really like the new Community Notes feature thing. It helps at least "crowd source" disinformation detection.

Awww...Wooks wike sumbody's missing a leftist-controlledTwitter, with censored speech....Poor wittle fing. 😭
^^^The lying idiot doesn't comprehend that I don't follow twitter/X. The only time I see anything from twitter is when you trumptards post stupid stuff from it on this board.

^^^The lying idiot doesn't comprehend that I don't follow twitter/X. The only time I see anything from twitter is when you trumptards post stupid stuff from it on this board.

Wipe your tears and tell me what a 'Trumptard' is, will ya?

That’s because it being impossible isn’t due to a technological problem.

A thing happens and two factors are at play. First, the main evidence you have immediately after something happens is eye witness reports. Those are horribly unreliable. I sometimes do investigations when someone manages to hurt themself where I work. Even when people have no reason to lie, they simply do not accurately remember what happened.

So in this case something blows up at or near a hospital and hundreds are dead. A doctor says the roof came down. Find out later it was ceiling tiles, but if you could somehow look into his mind, while he was running out of a building that was just rocked by an explosion, he believed the roof came down. That’s what gets reported, and the short skip over to “the bomb hit and damaged the hospital” is taken by everyone reporting it.

The other problem is everyone has an agenda. Israel first said “we did it but they deserved it” (which implies they have a boilerplate for when they blow up hospitals) then implicated Jihadists. Hamas obviously immediately blamed Israel. The Jihadists aren’t taking “credit” because if it was them it was a misfire. Internationally people did a little bet hedging but it’s much simpler for everyone if it wasn’t Israel so that’s the narrative they’ll err toward.

So yeah, I don’t think we’ll ever have a world where something major happens and we know what it was immediately. People aren’t that reliable.

Wipe your tears and tell me what a 'Trumptard' is, will ya?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT