ADVERTISEMENT

Nice hat Kanye

Walter Brennaneer

Silver Buffalo
May 29, 2001
180425162020-kanye-west-maga-twitter-selfie-medium-tease.jpg

Reactions: 19MU88
i don't quite get why this is a shock. it really wasn't that long ago that Kanye came to Trump Tower to kiss the ring
afp_j32np.jpg

I don't care about Kanye's politics, but the guy is a genius. Probably the best hip-hop artist of all time.
Top artist in a category that's horrible music. Say what you want you won't hear Kanye on the radio in 20yrs. I don't care if I didn't ever listen to anything recorded after 1990. I'm glad when anybody can make money singing. I do like NWA.

I don't care about Kanye's politics, but the guy is a genius. Probably the best hip-hop artist of all time.

Jesus Christ, this is one of the worst claims on any topic on this board.

Kanye is a below average rapper and a well above average producer. In terms of a rapper who also produces, he is one of the best, but that is almost entirely based on his production and not his rapping. Best hip hop artist of all time? That meth problem is getting really bad in Huntington, huh?

There is a reason why so many of his closest friends and peers have abandoned him over the years. The guy has/had severe mental issues.

Kanye is a below average rapper and a well above average producer. In terms of a rapper who also produces, he is one of the best, but that is almost entirely based on his production and not his rapping. Best hip hop artist of all time? That meth problem is getting really bad in Huntington, huh?.

I'll go a bit further and say Kanye is a horrible rapper. He's a really good producer, which has sort of been the trick to his recordings: his terrible rapping (and painful singing, the fvck is that shit?) is quaint against the dope tracks, which makes him seem more sincere.

Reactions: sistersville

Kanye is a below average rapper and a well above average producer. In terms of a rapper who also produces, he is one of the best, but that is almost entirely based on his production and not his rapping. Best hip hop artist of all time? That meth problem is getting really bad in Huntington, huh?

There is a reason why so many of his closest friends and peers have abandoned him over the years. The guy has/had severe mental issues.
You claimed that nikki minaj was good your opinion means nothing

Reactions: ThunderCat98
You claimed that nikki minaj was good

Nikki is/was one of the best female rappers of all time. You have absolutely no knowledge on this topic. Before she went commercial to make tens of millions - which is your only knowledge of her - she was a real rapper. Check out Nikki's work when she lived in Philly. And I had her on a record in late 2008, at least two years before your white-bred, rich Charlotte high school had any knowledge of her.

your opinion means nothing

How many RIAA certified platinum plaques/records/albums do you have? How about just gold ones? It's amazing; just within the last week, I've had one of the biggest Latino acts in the world (Maluma), one of the biggest legendary vocalists still alive (Tony Bennett), one of the biggest names in his genre (Jack White), and one of the biggest rappers in the last decade (Jeezy) all hit me up for my opinion/help . . . not to mention the numerous others in the last week. Those guys must all have it wrong, and you - a guy who gives pre-pubescent boys bodyrubs - have it right on this subject. Yep.

"And I hope that I don't sound too heinous when I say this, Nicki Minaj, but I wanna stick my penis in your anus."

- The real greatest rapper ever.

"And I hope that I don't sound too heinous when I say this, Nicki Minaj, but I wanna stick my penis in your anus."

- The real greatest rapper ever.

Yet the overwhelming majority of respected opinions (other top creatives, music journalists, etc.) don't have him in the top 3 (many don't even have him in the top 5). You can't put him ahead of Nas, Biggie, Jay-Z, Tupac. The only argument he has is album sales, which if is your lone argument, means you have to put Soujah Boy, Nelly, etc. near the top.

Yet the overwhelming majority of respected opinions (other top creatives, music journalists, etc.) don't have him in the top 3 (many don't even have him in the top 5). You can't put him ahead of Nas, Biggie, Jay-Z, Tupac. The only argument he has is album sales, which if is your lone argument, means you have to put Soujah Boy, Nelly, etc. near the top.

Yeah...the “overwhelming majority.” Nice line.

He is the one rapper that virtually no other rapper will mess with or battle. That’s all the proof you need.

Nas? Really? That’s laughable. Nas isn’t even that popular outside New York. At least nowhere near the level you’re claiming. And yes, he’s better than Jay Z lyrically and he is better than Tupac and Biggie. Tupac might be the only one with a legit claim but he wasn’t that popular that long. His career was very short lived due to him being killed. Ditto Biggie. And Biggie wasn’t even all that great. He is idolized solely because of his death.

Yeah...the “overwhelming majority.” Nice line.

He is the one rapper that virtually no other rapper will mess with or battle. That’s all the proof you need.

Nas? Really? That’s laughable. Nas isn’t even that popular outside New York. At least nowhere near the level you’re claiming. And yes, he’s better than Jay Z lyrically and he is better than Tupac and Biggie. Tupac might be the only one with a legit claim but he wasn’t that popular that long. His career was very short lived due to him being killed. Ditto Biggie. And Biggie wasn’t even all that great. He is idolized solely because of his death.

This just shows your ignorance to this topic. Numerous rappers and other entertainers have called him out, "messed and/or battled" with him. Ja Rule, Benzino, Will Smith, Everlast, Jermaine Dupri, Asher Roth, etc. have all gone in on him.

Lyrics? If lyrics are all that matters, go ahead and put Lil Dicky and Drake's ghostwriter in the top five of best rappers.

I know nothing of rap but finding that Lil Dickey has a ghost writer has crushed my world view.

I know nothing of rap but finding that Lil Dickey has a ghost writer has crushed my world view.

I'm not taking responsibility for this one. This is all on you.

I said "Lil Dicky" and "Drake's ghostwriter." If I intended to say they both had ghostwriters, the correct way would have been "Lil Dicky's and Drake's ghostwriters."

Agree with BC on Biggie. Only reason he is even mentioned in the same breath as those others is because his fat a$$ got shot. Terrible f*cking voice and delivery. Dude was so fat, every single word was labored.

Best rapper ever? Eric B. (meant Rakim, not Eric B. Eric B. was the DJ - my old age and whiteness are coming out) I agree with Rifle though on Nas and Jay. Tupac was great. Not in my top 5 though.

Last edited:
Agree with BC on Biggie. Only reason he is even mentioned in the same breath as those others is because his fat a$$ got shot. Terrible f*cking voice and delivery. Dude was so fat, every single word was labored.

Well, Murox's post for being the dumbest of the week didn't last long. Congratulations on topping him.

Well, Murox's post for being the dumbest of the week didn't last long. Congratulations on topping him.

Every list I’ve ever pulled up on this topic had Biggie Smalls in the top 10. Granted the list changes in rankings but he’s always in it, and he ranks high. Kanye however is nowhere to be found.

https://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/the-greatest-rappers-of-all-time

http://www.yardbarker.com/entertain..._20_greatest_rappers_of_all_time/s1__25530443

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT