ADVERTISEMENT

Nuked thread

My ignoring your reply does not equal something going over my head. It just means it wasn't worthy of a reply.

That post wasn't me making fun of W, it was me advocating for nuclear power...did that go right over your head?

Sure it was...

Then why respond now???

“We were fairly well instructed then on what nuclear power was, but for about six months after that I had radioactivity in my urine,” Mr. Carter said. “They let us get probably a thousand times more radiation than they would now. It was in the early stages and they didn’t know.”

I had forgotten about this part of the story but I was only 12 at the time it made its rounds.

Interestingly with that level of radiation and a family history of cancer, particularly pancreatic, that Jimmy Carter was cancer free into his 90's and even then survived cancer.

That's what happens when idiots like your orange jesus plays games with a deadly virus.

I'll give you a couple of hints on who plays games with a deadly virus...

106598277-1593547396973fauci.jpg

biden-xi-jinping.jpg

"petrodollar". Petroleum/Oil is basically the reason the US $$ has any form of value and is the world's reserve currency. The religion of Global Climate Change is meant to dislodge that and weaken our position in the world and put China at the top. Mush and his cohorts are excited to make that happen.

No. It wasn't Enbridge. Broaden your TV watch list, so that you can partake in more reasonable discussion, particularly on the Economics front. 3 Stooges and Gilligan's Island won't take you far down the road of being an intellect.
You ashamed to tell us where you got your news about so many jobs possibly being lost due to line 5 shutdown?

You ashamed to tell us where you got your news about so many jobs possibly being lost due to line 5 shutdown?
You familiar with the rather large Toledo Refining Company? Guess where they get 40% of their resources from?

Research them, as well as the manufacturing facilities TRC ships their petroleum into. You probably weren't aware that petroleum is a major ingredient in many day to day products that you likely use yourself.

How will we replace this petroleum? Likely by buying more from the Arabs, if by chance we choose to continue producing all these products that everyday Americans depend on. Is that what you prefer we do as Americans, or should we depend on our North American partners? Think about the Canadiens impacted by this, and those in both the upper and lower peninsulas of Michigan. You want to send those people to the unemployment lines? What about the workers here in SW Michigan that make plastic products used in the manufacture of auto parts?
Lastly, what about the babies that you approve of killing each day?

Then why respond now???
To politely tell you how dumb you are.

I am a BIG fan of nuclear power, and have stated so many times on this board. But you thought I was just making fun of W. It was a funny meme to show my answer to Europe making some mistakes. NUKE-U-LER POWER FOR THE WIN.
Interestingly with that level of radiation and a family history of cancer, particularly pancreatic, that Jimmy Carter was cancer free into his 90's and even then survived cancer.
Just dumb luck probably. There were people at Hiroshima who survived near ground zero, survived the blast and also didn't have radiation sickness nor cancer. Can you imagine the dose of gamma rays they took? Some people get lucky twice, I guess.

You expect a refinery to be on the up and up in this debate?

From the other 2 lines they get the remaining 60% from would be a good guess, don't you think.
But you trust the govt and career poltiicians.

Geesshhss

To politely tell you how dumb you are.

Polite??? Who are we talking about???

NUKE-U-LER

At least be consistent. Is it nucular or nuke-u-ler???

Just dumb luck probably. There were people at Hiroshima who survived near ground zero, survived the blast and also didn't have radiation sickness nor cancer. Can you imagine the dose of gamma rays they took? Some people get lucky twice, I guess.

Unlike Jimmy Carter I have no background or training in nucular technology but you have to wonder if the radiation to the body affects some people one way and others another, possibly building up some type of immunity.

I remember reading something within the last few months abouts Chernobyl. Quick search yielded this but it is not the article I recall.

It's also tragic and interesting to see the post 9/11 World Trade Center related deaths.

A conversation sometime in the last couple of years got me looking at KSP and FBI line of duty deaths. When I looked at the FBI memorial page I noticed several agents succumbing to cancer. Here is a related article.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
You expect a refinery to be on the up and up in this debate?

From the other 2 lines they get the remaining 60% from would be a good guess, don't you think.
Original post:

You don't understand how downstream jobs are impacted by lack of petroleum. Didn't I tell you once before to stay out of Economics 101 type discussions?

Reactions: Jartard
A conversation sometime in the last couple of years got me looking at KSP and FBI line of duty deaths. When I looked at the FBI memorial page I noticed several agents succumbing to cancer. Here is a related article.

As an aside to this it was both sad and troubling to see how many KSP Troopers were killed in the line of duty via automobile accidents. 😥

Unlike Jimmy Carter I have no background or training in nucular technology but you have to wonder if the radiation to the body affects some people one way and others another, possibly building up some type of immunity.
I am not a doctor, but that is an intriguing possibility for lower-high doses (you know what I mean lol). Maybe some people's DNA is a little stronger. Of course at a certain high dose you just die, period.

Reactions: KyMUfan
As an aside to this it was both sad and troubling to see how many KSP Troopers were killed in the line of duty via automobile accidents. 😥
Driving is the most dangerous thing officers do.

It was a surprise to read two were killed in a swift water search and rescue in 1972. These days that is usually FD, and they are much better equipped for such things than anyone was back then.

On a related note, have you seen Waterwogs used to do rescue around dams? This shit is impressive, it does not get caught in the hydraulic.

Reactions: KyMUfan
Original post:

You don't understand how downstream jobs are impacted by lack of petroleum. Didn't I tell you once before to stay out of Economics 101 type discussions?
If you replace one source of oil with another, how many jobs are lost?

You should never attempt to be sarcastic when talking economics since it then becomes ironic.

Mush is terrible and beyond bad. A whole level above Carter.

I think Carter actually meant well, he was just not a good President.

I am starting to think Mush's handlers are doing this on purpose, to tank things so govt can expand. He is gawd awful.
Without a doubt

Reactions: Jartard
On a related note, have you seen Waterwogs used to do rescue around dams? This shit is impressive, it does not get caught in the hydraulic.

No I have not. Very impressive. Thanks for sharing.

Check this out:

The Waterwog 3 has been clocked at speeds in access of 40 mph in the open ocean, has surfed 20' waves during winter storms in the Pacific and launched in 6'-8' beach breaking surf.

Driving is the most dangerous thing officers do.

It was a surprise to read two were killed in a swift water search and rescue in 1972. These days that is usually FD, and they are much better equipped for such things than anyone was back then.

One of the most terrible situations. Tubing on a river and went over one of those type of dams.

I think it’s Walden. Too much fear and loathing in Ohio. Obsessed with leg room in cars. Lone drives into the wilderness on his days off. Chewing and spitting food. Talks of checking out of life. Calling his parents the old man and the old lady. It’s Walden or a very good impersonator.
His posts are too general to be the real Ducky/Walden. The real Walden would talk about how big of a whore his sister is for sleeping with a certain type of man and how pissed off it made his father who probably is not their biological father because their mother is/was a whore as well.

That is some insane capabilities.
In the video you posted the motorized versions were moving pretty quickly. 40 mph on the water is moving. 20 foot waves? That's a two-story building. Just crazy capabilities.

His posts are too general to be the real Ducky/Walden. The real Walden would talk about how big of a whore his sister is for sleeping with a certain type of man and how pissed off it made his father who probably is not their biological father because their mother is/was a whore as well.
Perhaps these are just the stories you were hoping to hear.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT