ADVERTISEMENT

Phil Mickelson

GK4Herd

Aug 5, 2001
More ouches...

At one time if I remember correctly the PGA tour said anyone that played in a competing tour would be banned for life from PGA tour events. The European tour is considered a partner ans that Saudi League is viewed as a competing tour. The Saudis wee talking big money to play which is the lure and it might be tax free. Someone like Phil could still play in most of the majors because they are not run by the tour.

Last edited:
I think Phil overestimated how much support among his peers he'd have for selling out to the Saudi League. He has earned nearly a billion dollars in his golf career and he's fine with tanking the pga in order to make even more money. I mean...okay...have at it, but don't try to convince me that the pga is the true greedy one.

It took me years to start liking figjam and now I'm back to square one.

I think Phil overestimated how much support among his peers he'd have for selling out to the Saudi League. He has earned nearly a billion dollars in his golf career and he's fine with tanking the pga in order to make even more money. I mean...okay...have at it, but don't try to convince me that the pga is the true greedy one.

It took me years to start liking figjam and now I'm back to square one.
Can't figure him out on this. He has made millions upon millions. Why tarnish your legacy?

Greg Norman had this idea years ago. Not sure what the point is other than monetary or some beef with the PGA tour.

The argument I have heard is that guys like Tiger and Phil and Rory drive the ratings and money. Some of them feel they should make more or have guaranteed earnings Ike other sports. They want a bigger slice of the pie because they bring the fans in and the 125th ranked player doesn't. But, Phil seems to be on an island . Hard to believe he pressed the point like this.

Last edited:
Never cared for Phil. On the surface, he plays the good guy and aw shucks. I think he's slimy. jmo

Reactions: GK4Herd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT