ADVERTISEMENT

Pizza chain closes five California locations just before minimum wage law took effect

30CAT

Platinum Buffalo
May 29, 2001
I'm sure it's just a coincidence, because Democrats in California know how to run their billions-in-the-red-and-still-paying-through-the-nose-for-their-sanctuary-status-that-could-go-to-support-veterans-and-citizens,-homeless-shit-in-the-streets-high-crime state. :rolleyes:

Democrats, their policies and their bleaters are destroying our country

LINK: A pizza chain shuttered some of its California locations before the state boosted the minimum wage for fast food workers earlier this month.

Mod Pizza, which has 500 locations nationwide, closed five shops in the state at the end of March.

Those shops were among the over two dozen locations that the company closed across the nation. The company did not specify a reason, but workers in Clovis, whose shop abruptly closed, told the outlet they suspected that the California closures had to do with the new law that took effect in April,

"It just kind of seemed like the right timing, two weeks before all of the fast food locations in California got that increase that we closed," a Mod Pizza employee, who asked to remain anonymous, told KMPH.

The legislation that went into effect in California on April 1 increases the minimum wage for restaurants that have at least 60 locations nationwide, except those that make and sell their own bread, from $16 to $20. This equates to an annual salary of $41,600.

The median fast-food worker in the U.S. earned $13.43 an hour in 2022, while those in California made an average of $16.60 an hour, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Gov. Gavin Newsom signed the legislation, AB 1228, into law in September. In addition to the pay raises, it also establishes a "Fast Food Council," including representatives for both workers and employers, that can approve further pay increases and set standards for working conditions.

"California is home to more than 500,000 fast-food workers who – for decades – have been fighting for higher wages and better working conditions," Newsom said in September, adding that the state is taking "one step closer to fairer wages, safer and healthier working conditions, and better training by giving hardworking fast-food workers a stronger voice and seat at the table."

The issue is that several eateries have begun to cut jobs, in an effort to get ahead of the possible financial repercussions. For instance, the legislation led to the demise of Fosters Freeze, another fast food joint in the state.

Monica Navarro, former assistant general manager at Fosters Freeze in Lemoore, said on "The Bottom Line," she found out when she got to work the restaurant owner closed the doors for good.

The owner, Loren Wright, told KMPH that this was the "last thing" they wanted to do, but they knew the business would likely not be able to absorb the wage hike.

Michael Ojeda, 29, a Pizza Hut driver in Ontario, California, told The Wall Street Journal he received a notice from Pizza Hut franchisee Southern California Pizza in December informing him that his last day of work would be in February.

"Pizza Hut was my career for nearly a decade and with little to no notice it was taken away," said Ojeda.

The people who sit in rooms and think this stuff up are absolute morons. Imagine thinking “it will work this time” when each and every time an arbitrary wage increased has been imposed on businesses the only result has been higher prices or loss of jobs. Every single time.

I can’t imagine being so blinded by failed ideology that time after time you see it fail in front of your very eyes, yet you refuse to change your thinking.

The people who sit in rooms and think this stuff up are absolute morons. Imagine thinking “it will work this time” when each and every time an arbitrary wage increased has been imposed on businesses the only result has been higher prices or loss of jobs. Every single time.

I can’t imagine being so blinded by failed ideology that time after time you see it fail in front of your very eyes, yet you refuse to change your thinking.
because the people out in lalaland hear they are going to give us a raise. Or relieve student debt or it is ok to let migrants just walk across the border.

It gets those people votes but it is not the reality of the situation or what is good.

Reactions: 30CAT

May I introduce you to the board Jester.... EG

"if i lose, i'll close my account. you'll never hear from me again. not here, not on wvsports.com, not on rivals mainboard, or any other rivals forum"
__________wv-fan

What did he supposedly lose?

We all have a God, liar and there is only one. I didn't see anything you posted about a particular bet. ASK HIM ABOUT IT SO YOU CAN ENTAIN HIS LIES
You're a Godless liar. Anyone who believes your orange jesus is a man of faith is calling God a liar, just like you have.

You're a Godless liar

I have the same God you have and everyone on Earth has. You lie multiple times a day and sometimes, multime times in one post. As for your dumbass reply....

I asked you about the bet he supposedly lost. You're the one accusing, so you are burdened with the proof, liar. That's why I'm asking you.

I have the same God you
Nope, you're a Godless liar, and like your orange jesus you make God out to be a liar.

"I asked you about the bet he supposedly lost."
There is no "supposedly" involved.

"You're the one accusing"
Nope. You Godless lying trumptard. It's a fact.

"That's why I'm asking you."
Ask the liar since you like to enterain lies. He's a great source for lies.

Three more lies in one sentence and you're accusing others of lying.... 😂

Are you trying to set a record?
You think your orange jesus is a man of faith. Not only are you a Godless liar, you attempt to make God a liar. You're really, really stupid.

You think your orange jesus is a man of faith. Not only are you a Godless liar, you attempt to make God a liar. You're really, really stupid.

Again, who is this "other jesus" you're talking about? The Son of God is the only Jesus. You say I'm calling God a liar, yet it is you who is claiming others are Godless. That’s impossible. You're actually the one calling God a liar, by saying differently.

Again, who is this "other jesus" you're talking about?
We already know you're an idiot. No need for you to practice.
The Son of God is the only Jesus.
Yeah, he's the one that says you MUST repent. You and your orange jesus say...nah, we'll do it some other way. Idiot.
You say I'm calling God a liar,
Exactly. You finally get it.
yet it is you who is claiming others are Godless.
You and your orange jesus certainly are.
Then you and your orange jesus are doing the impossible.
You're actually the one calling God a liar, by saying differently.
Seriously, you're an idiot. Especially when you try to talk about Christianity.
Here's a description of you and your orange jesus being Godless...you know, without God.

Ephesians 2:12
That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Is Trump the governor of CA? Seems he is being referenced a lot in this thread about CA...

We already know you're an idiot. No need for you to practice.

Yeah, he's the one that says you MUST repent. You and your orange jesus say...nah, we'll do it some other way. Idiot.

Exactly. You finally get it.

You and your orange jesus certainly are.

Then you and your orange jesus are doing the impossible.

Here's a description of you and your orange jesus being Godless...you know, without God.

Ephesians 2:12
That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Being without God, doesn’t mean you're Godless. Just as a child being without parents, doesn’t mean he or she doesn't have parents.

Stop being a dumbass.

Also, I have repented, but I don't have to prove anything to you. I have God and your hatred can't change that.

Being without God, doesn’t mean you're Godless. Just as a child being without parents, doesn’t mean he or she doesn't have parents.

Stop being a dumbass.

Also, I have repented, but I don't have to prove anything to you. I have God and your hatred can't change that.
Facts

Reactions: 30CAT
You're a Godless lying trumptard and without Christ.
Mark Margolis Rage GIF by Breaking Bad

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT