ADVERTISEMENT

Possible Scenario

Dec 1, 2018
If there’s no college football season this year, does Doc’s contract expire at the end of the year? Since he’s being paid, it would still count as a contract year wouldn’t it?

I would assume. You get a paycheck for a year then it is a year on your contract
This could be the only positive of a game less season

If there’s no college football season this year, does Doc’s contract expire at the end of the year? Since he’s being paid, it would still count as a contract year wouldn’t it?

I still say he will be given a full season to end his career in "proper" fashion. If that means a one year contract, that's what will happen. jmho.

Not gonna happen. He may coach spring football if that is how it plays out. Contract and his coaching career ends in june

For his sake and our programs, I hope so. Just saying it would not surprise me if what I said comes to fruition.

Here is a possible scenario to consider. I think all of us expected an OOC record of no better than 2-2 and possibly 1-3. With the possibility of no OOC I say there is a chance that we could do well in conference. So what if we go 7-1 and win the east. What if we won the conference title?What if we win a bowl game against another MAC school? What if we end the season with a 9-1 record and a conference title? I know that may be a stretch but we have played well in conference the past two seasons and short of shooting ourselves in the foot, we should have been playing for a title. So what do you think Mike Hammrick would do with Doc? I agree we have become stale during the Doc era but what do you do if he pulls this off? Just curious what you guys think.

Here is a possible scenario to consider. I think all of us expected an OOC record of no better than 2-2 and possibly 1-3. With the possibility of no OOC I say there is a chance that we could do well in conference. So what if we go 7-1 and win the east. What if we won the conference title?What if we win a bowl game against another MAC school? What if we end the season with a 9-1 record and a conference title? I know that may be a stretch but we have played well in conference the past two seasons and short of shooting ourselves in the foot, we should have been playing for a title. So what do you think Mike Hammrick would do with Doc? I agree we have become stale during the Doc era but what do you do if he pulls this off? Just curious what you guys think.

I’ll hit the highlighted portions.

1. How many times has John went 7-1 in conference? What makes you think this is a remote possibility? It’s not, move on and don’t consider this an option

2. A stretch? Yes, like a Stretch Armstrong type stretch.

3. Again, with only ONE conference title and never having an undefeated season what make you think this is remotely possible? Again, it’s not. Move on and don’t consider this a viable option either

4. What do I think? I think you should strongly consider the fact that under the present circumstances John will be lucky to win 5-6 games and none of the above is possible. However, Hamrick will allow John to stay as long as he wants and there’s nothing that we will be able to do about it.

Marshall has never won a conference championship with a freshman at QB... even Pennington. C’mon, it’s going to be wildly inconsistent play even in the best scenario. The only times we contended with a FR QB was when we had a great defense to keep us in games... And this is a rebuilding year on defense. Add in this coaching staff and this unpredictable pandemic and this hypothetical is unthinkable.

Whatever comes next, Marshall (and most of G5) will be trying to recover from the financial and logistical disruption of COVID. What that will look like will depend largely on whenever that recovery starts (Spring football?), and you gotta think most of the decisions made at that time will be rooted in a desire for stability, not risk.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
With new and hopefully more active BOG members hopefully they will step in and the nonsense

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT