ADVERTISEMENT

Potential Hole Filling Games

KellyGreenAlumni

Green Buffalo
Sep 13, 2011
This may have been discussed, but

Is anyone breaking down who we can fill games with as the situation changes? Will we land a couple extra big games? Seems like the time to pounce on the opportunity. Thanks in advance.

A couple extra big games = A couple extra big losses.

Bring on Liberty & UL-Monroe...we can beat them.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
It did appear that vhf Army was pretty much set for the Sept 26rh date. Now I'm hearing that it may not happen. There is also 1 FCS game in the works and of course a se ond game with one eastern opponent fo get fo 8 conference games. The rumor is that FAU will be the one we play twice

FAU also said hit the bricks to their returning/
starting QB for being a turd, so we’re equal in that dept. We should, at least, gain a split out
that set-up.

I don’t think we’ll play FAU. That makes no sense at all.

Actually, if it works out the way I think it could, the Herd would travel to play FIU on Halloween, then bubble wrap the travel party, stay in FL and take on the Owls on lebbin 7. (Currently an open date on current schedule)

Potential Hole Filling Games

Yeah, Appy has taken over our role in the G5. Great series. Looking forward to it.

Honest question, did you really think it would last forever for us?
Seems like the G5 cycles through teams that emerge to become formidable opponents for just about anyone and the P5...be it a great and inventive coach, a player or two who is just another level talent, favorable schedule, or maybe just luck.

Next question:

So what does our schedule currently look like with what we know?

It did appear that vhf Army was pretty much set for the Sept 26rh date. Now I'm hearing that it may not happen. There is also 1 FCS game in the works and of course a se ond game with one eastern opponent fo get fo 8 conference games. The rumor is that FAU will be the one we play twice
Agreed on Army. I've been told done deal, then told it's probably off, then told again yesterday from Army source they still expect to play Marshall. so basically no one really knows...On FAU I have also heard the same rumor.

Seems like the G5 cycles through teams that emerge to become formidable opponents for just about anyone and the P5...be it a great and inventive coach, a player or two who is just another level talent, favorable schedule, or maybe just luck.

Next question:

What we know....
9/12 at East Carolina
9/19 vs. App State
10/3 vs. Rice
10/10 at WKU
10/17 at La. Tech
10/24 vs FAU
10/31 at FIU
11/14 vs. MTSU
11/21 vs. Charlotte

What has been speculated on here and other boards...
9/5 vs. EKU or Tennessee Tech
9/26 at Army or WVU or possibly FAU again

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan

Next question:

I didn't think it would last forever, not many schools can, let alone G5. But I firmly believe we had/have the resources and brand to keep it going at a higher level consistantly. It's all about making good hires and investing in the program. jmho.

I think Mike's done a great job with the schedules, especially this year with everything being up in the air. IF we can hold onto the ECU and Appy games, plus get an FCS warm up game on the 5th, that will be great. A plus for Mike.

Reactions: GoHerdMarshallYes
What we know....
9/12 at East Carolina
9/19 vs. App State
10/3 vs. Rice
10/10 at WKU
10/17 at La. Tech
10/24 vs FAU
10/31 at FIU
11/14 vs. MTSU
11/21 vs. Charlotte

It'll be EKU on 9/5.

What we know....
9/12 at East Carolina
9/19 vs. App State
10/3 vs. Rice
10/10 at WKU
10/17 at La. Tech
10/24 vs FAU
10/31 at FIU
11/14 vs. MTSU
11/21 vs. Charlotte

9/26. We have a chance against FAU

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT