ADVERTISEMENT

Prices keep going up up up

Don't worry! We have a great President! The media has confirmed he's doing a great job and our DOJ/FBI has confirmed it's all good!!

Trump is bad and evil and was about to become dictator (except his own gov worked against him the entire time) so everyone just relax and don't believe your Lyin eyes.

They always create diversions. Don't look here but look over there.

As a guy said in an interview on TV. The house is falling in and they are ripping the wires out of the walls.

Prices keep going up up up​

SUPPLY SIDE FAILURE
how long are you going to use this excuse? at what point are you going to accept that yore dementia riddled puppet is a huge failure?

i know, i know, "b-b-b-b-b-b-but orange man bad's the devil!!!"

Reactions: ohio herd
SUPPLY SIDE FAILURE
Just like I've told you from the start.
frankly, yore an idiot. that's a no bullshit, no ribbing statement. yore just an idiot and too stupid to realize it.

you've no clue what "supply side failure" truly is and yore merely trumpeting that which the media, who is either equally as stupid or telling you what you want to hear in order to protect their chosen political party. i'll let you figure out which.

For those of us in the supply chain business, especially procurement professionals, we juggle sourcing, supplier performance and logistics on a daily basis. We’re used to managing through supply chain risk, the ebb and flow of sourcing and supplier relationships, operational workarounds, unclear requirements and the weaknesses of ERP systems.
https://www.supplychaindive.com/news/supply-chain-not-to-blame-procurement/617377/
And while the pandemic has magnified some issues, there is really nothing new. Though it may be strained, the supply chain as we know it is functioning, no matter what the pundits say.

imhnbso, at the end of the day, the people to blame for the high prices are consumers. when the pandemic hit and there was a supply shortage causing prices to go through the roof, people never stopped spending. new vehicles marked up with "market adjustments" due to shortages kept selling like hotcakes. hell, i've a friend who purchased a new tahoe with an MSRP of $75K for $85K after adding in the $10K "market adjustment".

coincidentally, the same guy owns a lumber/hardware store and when people were confined to staying home from work because of the pandemic and lumber prices went through the roof, he told me people never let up building/remodeling/etc. in fact, his gross sales for 2021 dwarfed every year prior. gross was up again in 2022. and, he's on track to set another record in 2023.

on a personal level, i bought two new vehicles last year paying MSRP for a $75K yukon (there was a $5K "market adjustment" on it and i negotiated that off to get to MSRP. also, the first time i've ever paid more than dealer invoice for a vehicle), but paid just dealer invoice for the high country silveraydo on black friday last fall which also had a "market adjustment" on it, but the salesman said his manager told him to sell vehicles at whatever he needed to that day to unload inventory (you know, unload inventory because there was such a "shortage"). damn, yore stupid.

to house those, i'm in the middle of building an 1824 sqft garage that would have cost me about 1/2 to 2/3's of the cost 3 years ago prior to covid. I had gotten estimates to start it then but put it off due to the increase in costs, and have determined at this point, pricing isn't going to return to what it was, so moving forward with it.
yes, i'm simply another example of spending more for shit even though the pricing is stupid. vendors take note of people like me and they're not going to reduce pricing as a result. it's no longer "supply side failure", idiot.

bottom line, people didn't stop spending when pricing went through the roof. vendors took note and understand that people are going to spend their money no matter the cost, so why would they reduce pricing? they're not going to. it has nothing to do with supply chain issues at this point and everything to do with the above.

you keep eating the bullshit narrative gramps joe and the liberal media is spoon feeding you though, moron. keep showing us just how stupid you are and how you refuse to think for yourself.

Boom!! ^^^^

Just exactly what I said. SUPPLY SIDE FAILURE
People using that funny money and credit card debt. Funny money is the covid money. Americans are in debt up to their eyeballs and are getting ready to pay the piper.

My goal has been reducing debt, nearly to zero. Why? THe shit storm that is coming. You can't pay people not to work. The govt pumped so much of that funny money in during covide it was ridiculous. We also have a large segment of working age males that are not working or not gainfully employed. Ridiculous.The free money and the credit car bills are coming due. The niceness of that 10 year car loan are going to soon be a nightmare for people. The campers and boats they bought are going to become nightmare payments.

The pandemic didn’t need to have a shortage though. The shortages were caused by lockdowns keeping workers from doing their work.
Exactly. We had them because factories were shut down and shipping was shut down. Hell, we had product we couldn't get because it was sitting in rail yards in Chicago. Sitting there because they shut down up there. For months and months.

The pandemic didn’t need to have a shortage though. The shortages were caused by lockdowns keeping workers from doing their work.
WV-FAN said:
when the pandemic hit and there was a supply shortage causing prices to go through the roof,

People using that funny money and credit card debt. Funny money is the covid money. Americans are in debt up to their eyeballs and are getting ready to pay the piper.

My goal has been reducing debt, nearly to zero. Why? THe shit storm that is coming. You can't pay people not to work. The govt pumped so much of that funny money in during covide it was ridiculous. We also have a large segment of working age males that are not working or not gainfully employed. Ridiculous.The free money and the credit car bills are coming due. The niceness of that 10 year car loan are going to soon be a nightmare for people. The campers and boats they bought are going to become nightmare payments.
WV-FAN said:
when the pandemic hit and there was a supply shortage causing prices to go through the roof,

Exactly. We had them because factories were shut down and shipping was shut down. Hell, we had product we couldn't get because it was sitting in rail yards in Chicago. Sitting there because they shut down up there. For months and months.
WV-FAN said:

WV-FAN said:
well, tell the dumb asses in govt not to shut the economy down. those lifers don't understand how the real world works. Dangerous assholes.

well, tell the dumb asses in govt not to shut the economy down. those lifers don't understand how the real world works. Dangerous assholes.
WV-FAN said:

Do you understand the difference between “was” and “is”?

We no longer have supply issues, really haven’t for the last 18 months. The supply chain getting fixed is what the Biden administration used as their basis for “transitory” inflation.

As mentioned, no one stopped buying. Usually when you don’t work you don’t have money to buy stuff so things stay in balance. By endlessly extending the gravy train unemployment benefits where people made more by not working you forced a double disaster, lower production with more consumption. When demand is higher than supply you get what? Yep, inflation.

The supply chain was only an issue back when the ports and such were shut down. What we then had was a simple supply issue, not enough people producing to make enough of what everyone was still able to buy thanks to “free money”.

WV-FAN said:
show me where I ever claimed the supply chain was never an issue, idiot.

you're still clamoring to that excuse for today's economy issues. yore an idiot. a liberal media lapdog moron.

Reactions: WVUSerg
Usually when you don’t work you don’t have money to buy stuff so things stay in balance.
There^^^ is ANOTHER Supply Side Failure. The fed is raising interest rates to lower employment so there will be less demand while ignoring one of the biggest contributors to inflation, corporate profits.

When demand is higher than supply you get what? Yep, inflation.
When supply can't or won't keep up with demand while suppliers increase their profits you get what? Yep, inflation.

show me where I ever claimed the supply chain was never an issue, idiot.

you're still clamoring to that excuse for today's economy issues. yore an idiot. a liberal media lapdog moron.
WV-FAN said:

There^^^ is ANOTHER Supply Side Failure. The fed is raising interest rates to lower employment so there will be less demand while ignoring one of the biggest contributors to inflation, corporate profits.

When supply can't or won't keep up with demand while suppliers increase their profits you get what? Yep, inflation.
Govt spending creates inflation idiot. It's that simple

WV-FAN said:
and that was true three years ago. not the case now. you stick with that excuse and yore a liar.

and that was true three years ago. not the case now. you stick with that excuse and yore a liar.
Hey Liar, the supply chain is still not back to normal, but those good ol' corporate profits are still very high.

WV-FAN said:

Hey Liar, the supply chain is still not back to normal, but those good ol' corporate profits are still very high.

WV-FAN said:
you keep quoting what i stated like you got one over on me; yore actually agreeing with me which likely doesn't go over too well in yore fuktup head. so, i'll request once again, please show me where i've ever stated to the contrary that the supply chain wasn't an issue in the early to mid stages of the china virus.

yore totally clueless when it comes to the current economic situation and all you do is slurp up liberal bullshit talking points from yore liberal lying fake news media.

the ironic thing is yore just as bad as you claim "trumpers" to be: you'll defend this inept, incompetent administration to the end, and rejoice as yore senile savior drives this country directly into the shitter. you really are that fukt in the head.

• Haha
Reactions: mlblack16.
you keep quoting what i stated like you got one over on me; yore actually agreeing with me which likely doesn't go over too well in yore fuktup head. so, i'll request once again, please show me where i've ever stated to the contrary that the supply chain wasn't an issue in the early to mid stages of the china virus.

yore totally clueless when it comes to the current economic situation and all you do is slurp up liberal bullshit talking points from yore liberal lying fake news media.

the ironic thing is yore just as bad as you claim "trumpers" to be: you'll defend this inept, incompetent administration to the end, and rejoice as yore senile savior drives this country directly into the shitter. you really are that fukt in the head.
WV-FAN said:

WV-FAN said:
yes, i did say that and i stand by it. what's yore point? do you enjoy making yoreself look like an idiot?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT