ADVERTISEMENT

Remember when obama paraded around the family of a traitor?

The Manual for Courts-Martial identifies the following types of desertion (including the elements of each):

1. Desertion with intent to remain away permanently

• The accused left his or her unit, organization, or place of duty;
  • The absence was without authority;
  • At some time during the absence, the accused intended to remain away from his or her unit, organization, or place of duty; and
  • The accused remained absent until the date alleged; or was apprehended.
2. Desertion with intent to avoid hazardous duty or important service

• The accused quit his or her unit, organization, or place of duty;
  • Did so with the intent to avoid a certain duty or service;
  • The duty or service to be performed was hazardous or particularly important;
  • The accused knew the duty or service was required; and
  • Remained absent until the date alleged.

So extra when he walked off of post did he intend to miss guard duty or did xenu just come and pick him up. It’s not like he went for a stroll around camp. He LEFT under his own volition. Thus intent.

Reactions: Walter Brennaneer
https://www.armytimes.com/news/your...dahl-charged-with-desertion-faces-article-32/

This is from the army times. If FORSCOM says he acted with intent, well...

FORSCOM "thoroughly reviewed" the Army's investigation, King said. Bergdahl is charged with:

• One count of desertion with intent to shirk important or hazardous duty.

• One count of misbehavior before the enemy by endangering the safety of a command, unit or place.

So extra when he walked off of post did he intend to miss guard duty

Desertion
Desertion is similar to AWOL in that it involves a military service member's failure to report for duty—or more specifically, the act of leaving one's assigned post. Desertion typically involves the intent to leave one's unit or place of duty permanently, but an offender who is AWOL for 30 days automatically is considered to have deserted his or her post (without proof of intent)

http://military.findlaw.com/criminal-law/failure-to-report-for-duty-awol-and-other-charges.html

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your...dahl-charged-with-desertion-faces-article-32/

This is from the army times. If FORSCOM says he acted with intent, well...

FORSCOM "thoroughly reviewed" the Army's investigation, King said. Bergdahl is charged with:

• One count of desertion with intent to shirk important or hazardous duty.

• One count of misbehavior before the enemy by endangering the safety of a command, unit or place.

You still don't get it. I'm not arguing that bergdahl didn't desert, I'm stating you did not KNOW it at the time of the exchange.

You've been told you didn't know bergdahl committed treason or desertion at the time of his exchange.
No, I absolutely confident they knew that at the time of the exchange. I have no reason to believe otherwise.

Why the hell does it even matter if the average American knew all the details or not?

Yes I do. The military has been investigating this for 3 years to find out the truth, but you knew the answer all along. You're ridiculous.
They charged him with desertion. They were looking for him for awhile. When they picked up him they knew he was no hero. Not sure what your love affair with the guy is.

They charged him with desertion. They were looking for him for awhile. When they picked up him they knew he was no hero. Not sure what your love affair with the guy is.

I know what they charged him with, moron. You said he's a traitor, but he's not being charged with treason. You said he could be charged with desertion without proving intent, and I'm still waiting on that link. You said you knew he was a traitor when he was exchanged in 2014 and yet the military investigated the case for 3 years. And I say you're like your president, a chronic liar.

I know what they charged him with, moron. You said he's a traitor, but he's not being charged with treason. You said he could be charged with desertion without proving intent, and I'm still waiting on that link. You said you knew he was a traitor when he was exchanged in 2014 and yet the military investigated the case for 3 years. And I say you're like your president, a chronic liar.

He was charged and plead guilty with desertion. He plead guilty to it and it waiting sentencing. It is under Article 85 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. He has admitted guilt of desertion and another charge of Misbehavior Before the Enemy which is actually the more serious charge. Those are facts he was charged under Article 85 for desertion and he plead guilty to that charge and a misbehavior before the enemy charge

I don't know why you are arguing about desertion. That has been charged and he plead guilty to it. He is waiting on sentencing at Ft Bragg NC for those charges that he said he was guilty of.

Misbehavior before the enemy is being a traitor in my book. You can argue over semantics if you want. He is guilty of desertion by his admission of the two charges. A military judge, colonel, is going to sentence him. Who knows what that sentence will be. It could be years, days, or no time served.

As for me knowing. People don't like looking and getting their ass shot at while looking for a deserter(traitor, nut, swell guy, poor kid, whatever you want to call the guy). You can believe me or not. Doesn't matter to me. They guy is guilty of desertion and misbehavior before the enemy.

That is why it is so strange Obama paraded his parents around. One thought was(and this is just a guess) is that Obama wanted to try to save the guy because he knew the military was going to go after him but did not want to issue a pardon because there was a lot of evidence. Who knows. But, folks looking for him new at the end when they got him he was a deserter(traitor, nut, cool kid with a bad habit, whatever).

I don't know what the hell you are even arguing about desertion for at this point. Artcile 85 he is guilty of it. God almighty, everyone down to a Private E1 knows you can't just walk the hell off. It does not work that way.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT