ADVERTISEMENT

Robert L Pruett- Head Coach Emeritus of Herd Nation and All Forums

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
As the People's Moderator, I am pleased to announced that Robert L. Pruett is hereby named the Head Coach Emeritus of Herd Nation and All Forums on this Third Day of May in the Year of Lord, 2021.

Let it be known that Robert L Pruett is granted this status based on his winning record and legendary status as a football coach and his body of work as the Head Football Coach during his tenure at Marshall University. Coach Pruett was not only a football coach but his representation of the community and the Marshall University family are second to none. Coach Pruett is Marshall and he is Marshall Football.

From this day, hour, and minute going forward, Robert L Pruett has earned and is granted the title of Head Coach Emeritus of Herd Nation and All Forums.

i am herdman
The People's Moderator

As the People's Moderator, I am pleased to announced that Robert L. Pruett is hereby named the Head Coach Emeritus of Herd Nation and All Forums on this Third Day of May in the Year of Lord, 2021.

Let it be known that Robert L Pruett is granted this status based on his winning record and legendary status as a football coach and his body of work as the Head Football Coach during his tenure at Marshall University. Coach Pruett was not only a football coach but his representation of the community and the Marshall University family are second to none. Coach Pruett is Marshall and he is Marshall Football.

From this day, hour, and minute going forward, Robert L Pruett has earned and is granted the title of Head Coach Emeritus of Herd Nation and All Forums.

i am herdman
The People's Moderator
Can we order a coin or something to commemorate this momentous occasion?

Reactions: W-S HerdFan

i am herdman
The People's Moderator

There are going to be a lot of sore labias around here after some people read this new proclamation.

tumblr_padbdxmNkc1rmv1vdo1_540.png

Reactions: Josh Stowers
I dont even care about the cheating.

I dont even mind the quitting.

It what he did the past 15 years that put into his question his love for this program in my eyes. But, I am just one person, and my opinion only matters to me.

I dont even care about the cheating.

I dont even mind the quitting.

It what he did the past 15 years that put into his question his love for this program in my eyes. But, I am just one person, and my opinion only matters to me.

Pruett doesn't accept mediocrity. He didn't accept it while he was coaching, and that's why he left when the program became mediocre. He didn't accept it when others took over, and that's why he continued to speak up.

I wish some of our most fervent fans would learn to stop accepting and justifying mediocrity.

Last edited:
are you going to erase the memories of before and after Pruett as well?

He ran the thing hot, juiced off the nitro of some under-the-table malfeasance, overheated it and blew the engine, then just left it parked dead on the side of the road to be someone else's problem.

Marshall came by and towed it back to the shop, spent about a decade putting the ol' girl back together. We got it running again, but she ain't never gonna run like she used to.

Now Bob wants to come back and get his picture made with it for Insta, maybe take her out for a spin, one last victory lap to celebrate all the good he brought to Huntington before the Lord ushers him home.

Reactions: herd66
Yeah, Bobby couldn't accept mediocrity. Then he realized he needed one more year as a state employee to get a "Virgina" retirement supplement. So he calls up his buddy Al Groh and takes a 1 year DC job. I don't remember the Cavs being all that much on defense that year......I guess being mediocre was tolerable after all......

Reactions: herdalicious
Yeah, Bobby couldn't accept mediocrity. Then he realized he needed one more year as a state employee to get a "Virgina" retirement supplement. So he calls up his buddy Al Groh and takes a 1 year DC job. I don't remember the Cavs being all that much on defense that year......I guess being mediocre was tolerable after all......

Your post, like usual, contains no logic.

You claim that the Virginia defense wasn't "all that much" in Pruett's one year as DC. He left after that season as you mentioned. But then you claim that "being mediocre was tolerable after all."

Wouldn't him leaving show that being mediocre wasn't tolerable, since it's exactly what I said about his leaving Marshall at the time that he did? He left Marshall when they became mediocre, as he did when Virginia was mediocre. That means he wouldn't tolerate it, which makes your comment of "I guess being mediocre was tolerable after all" illogical.

Further, he did a very good job at Virginia. The year prior to him joining Virginia, UVA's defense was 23rd in the country in total defense allowing 332.5 yards per game. Pruett kept them just as good with his defense allowing less than a yard more per game. Their defensive S&P ranking was 28th.

Reactions: caliherd
I talked to Bob for a minute before the Duke game at WW in ‘08. He spent a lot of time at practices sitting with a bunch of us in the stands during his Marshall years. He seemed to like seeing a familiar face.

He ran the thing hot, juiced off the nitro of some under-the-table malfeasance, overheated it and blew the engine, then just left it parked dead on the side of the road to be someone else's problem.

Marshall came by and towed it back to the shop, spent about a decade putting the ol' girl back together. We got it running again, but she ain't never gonna run like she used to.

Now Bob wants to come back and get his picture made with it for Insta, maybe take her out for a spin, one last victory lap to celebrate all the good he brought to Huntington before the Lord ushers him home.
We had a bad coach in Snyder and a Mediocre coach in Doc. Doc also had the luxury of a weaker CUSA thab Snyder ans weaker OOC schedules or he likely would have been right there with Snyder.

Bob Pruett is a winner and if we are talking cars he was an elite driver. Marshall floundered by not having good coaches and an AD who helped his buddy and accepted Mediocre results.

Give me the hell raising race car driver and let's take this bitch for a spin ans win some races . We don't need driving Ms Daisy. We need Dale in the 3 car rubbin paint and giving it hell.

One of my proudest moments as a MU football fan was when some of the northern WV agents I worked with said after hearing Pruett give a talk at one of our sales meetings said " he's the guy we need at WVU". Nehlen was their coach at the time. Bobby sure did give us a lot to cheer about. He brought in good talent, but then he developed that talent. Sent a lot of guys into the NFL. Plus he was a MU grad. Lot to like about him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT