ADVERTISEMENT

SHR - at least for me

houston_herd_fan

Silver Buffalo
Mar 5, 2007
check thos story out

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/08/ntsb-says-delta-plane-landed-at-wrong-airport.html

How it is herd related to me is:

Was flying back to Corpus Christi(where I was working) after attending my graduation and hooding ceremony. I was on a contentintial flight that landed at an old WW2 army air force training base (kept the runways up for Navy pilot training at the CC navy airstation) the runway the was a few miles out on the same heading. The co-pilot(who had never flown into CC before) saw that runway and dropped us on it. It was about 50% of what was considered a safe length for the 737 we were on. spent 4+ hours on the plane while they figured out how to get us off, since it was not even an active air field. LOL

If there is something the state of WV should strongly consider its finding a carrier, ANY carrier and subsidizing the Atlanta - Charleston route. You can't find anything under 400.00 from ATL, heck I can get to Denver for 220.00 including bags! The state misses tons of money, and business opportunities. ATL is the worlds BUSIEST airport and a cheap connector to get money people into the state would help the economy if only from tourism dollars.

Likewise if Mayor Williams et al want money to come to Huntington they should contact some carriers for a direct flight into HTS from ATL. I don't know if they can get them subsidized but at least they can lobby to a spirit airlines or a silver airlines for a commuter flight, if not Delta even just for 1 direct flight a day. I can guarantee you the Marshall fans in ATL alone would fill up the plane on game days for a flight that costs under 300.00 vs a 9 hour drive.

If there is something the state of WV should strongly consider its finding a carrier, ANY carrier and subsidizing the Atlanta - Charleston route. You can't find anything under 400.00 from ATL, heck I can get to Denver for 220.00 including bags! The state misses tons of money, and business opportunities. ATL is the worlds BUSIEST airport and a cheap connector to get money people into the state would help the economy if only from tourism dollars.

Likewise if Mayor Williams et al want money to come to Huntington they should contact some carriers for a direct flight into HTS from ATL. I don't know if they can get them subsidized but at least they can lobby to a spirit airlines or a silver airlines for a commuter flight, if not Delta even just for 1 direct flight a day. I can guarantee you the Marshall fans in ATL alone would fill up the plane on game days for a flight that costs under 300.00 vs a 9 hour drive.
As you probably know, Delta used to have flights from HTS to ATL. People weren't using it and wanted Detroit due to better connections worldwide. It turned out not having enough business so Delta pulled out altogether. Now only flight out is American to Charlotte. Since that is a big American hub, there are nearly as many worldwide connections there as Delta had to Atlanta.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT