ADVERTISEMENT

Smart Lights

Y.A.G Si Ye Nots

Platinum Buffalo
Mar 7, 2010
Home Wrecker
Any of you have any smart lights or smart plugs? I don't understand why they aren't more popular. I have a few light bulbs and two plugs that control an aromatherapy diffuser (I like the smell and don't care about the alleged benefits of essential oils) and another light.

I can be anywhere in the world and turn on my lights, television, diffuser, etc. with an easy to use app on my cell phone. No more coming home to a dark house. I can turn the diffuser on 20 minutes before coming home with a girl and my foyer will smell like roses . . . or pine . . . or lavender . . . or lemon grass. Any is better than having her smell the shit that I left plugging my toilet.

Being able to change the bulbs to a million different colors, patterns, etc. is an added bonus, and the bulbs and plugs are cheap. I don't drink coffee, but I would think being able to schedule your coffee machine to turn on/off at a certain time any day of the week would be great for you caffeine fiend.

AND you could activate all that shit from your smartwatch if you weren't too much of a faggit to use one.

Reactions: 19MU88
My kids are starting to use them. They got me the blue tooth thermostat for Christmas, but I haven’t put it on yet. I really need to. When my wife cranks up the heat in the middle of the night trying to keep warm and kill me, I’ll just quietly reach over to the nightstand for my iPhone and crank it down.

I’ve recently done some remodeling and I changed a few lights. One of the new things in light fixtures is that they’re being made in LED now. You never have to change a light bulb.

Any of you have any smart lights or smart plugs? I don't understand why they aren't more popular. I have a few light bulbs and two plugs that control an aromatherapy diffuser (I like the smell and don't care about the alleged benefits of essential oils) and another light.

I can be anywhere in the world and turn on my lights, television, diffuser, etc. with an easy to use app on my cell phone. No more coming home to a dark house. I can turn the diffuser on 20 minutes before coming home with a girl and my foyer will smell like roses . . . or pine . . . or lavender . . . or lemon grass. Any is better than having her smell the shit that I left plugging my toilet.

Being able to change the bulbs to a million different colors, patterns, etc. is an added bonus, and the bulbs and plugs are cheap. I don't drink coffee, but I would think being able to schedule your coffee machine to turn on/off at a certain time any day of the week would be great for you caffeine fiend.

I don't have any yet, but plan on getting some. Seems like a nice convenience to have.

Pretty much our whole house is operated with smart plugs, including a majority of lighting, all four TVs, thermostat, and other misc. shit. Only thing I dislike about it though, is that whenever you have a power outage, even if it's a two second outage, you have to reset each and every plug, one at a time. If anybody knows of something that can eliminate that inconvenience, then I'm all fvcking ears.

AND you could activate all that shit from your smartwatch if you weren't too much of a faggit to use one.

Yeah, get a watch to do the exact same things your cell phone can do. Then, when they continue making the faces on those watches too big to comfortably wear on your wrist, you can start carrying yet another device around that does the same thing as your phone and former watch.

Reactions: mlblack16.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT