ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING Sources: Notre Dame's Kelly headed to LSU

Raoul Duke MU

Doctor of Journalism
In a stunning move, Brian Kelly is leaving Notre Dame to become the next head football coach at LSU, sources told ESPN.

An agreement likely will be finalized in the next 24 hours.

Kelly, in his 12th season at Notre Dame, will replace Ed Orgeron, whom LSU announced on Oct. 17 would not return as coach of the Tigers in 2022, less than two years removed from an undefeated season and national championship.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...an-kelly-next-head-football-coach-sources-say

The coaching carousel is hitting warp speed. Fickell to ND? Will he leave Cincy high and dry before the playoff?

In a stunning move, Brian Kelly is leaving Notre Dame to become the next head football coach at LSU, sources told ESPN.

An agreement likely will be finalized in the next 24 hours.

Kelly, in his 12th season at Notre Dame, will replace Ed Orgeron, whom LSU announced on Oct. 17 would not return as coach of the Tigers in 2022, less than two years removed from an undefeated season and national championship.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...an-kelly-next-head-football-coach-sources-say

The coaching carousel is hitting warp speed. Fickell to ND? Will he leave Cincy high and dry before the playoff?
He has to be the front runner for ND. But, hell Notre Dame might get in the playoff as well.

There is still some ball to be played. I see Alabama losing. Hell, Michigan has to win. Oklahoma State could lose.

Crazy year for coaching changes.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Urban Meyer has often called ND his dream job. He can’t be having much fun in the NFL.

I wonder if this finally gets notre dame in a conference. And yes urban will gladly move to south bend and then quit in 5 years like he always has

Have you ever seen a winning coach from an elite, top tier program leave for another elite, top tier program like this? It’s happened twice this week. Insane.

Have you ever seen a winning coach from an elite, top tier program leave for another elite, top tier program like this? It’s happened twice this week. Insane.
I heard a retired athletic director(can't remember who) but he was from the SEC . This was a few years ago. And, he said the days of college coaches hanging around for a long time at one place are going to come to an end. He said it will be like the NFL. Win or move on. OR when it gets stagnant they will move on. He said with all the money involved people will even want more gratification. Schools are not going to pay these guys million upon millions to not see results. And, when the playoff expands it will expedite it. Just like the NFL.

It must be for the money, because as long as Saban is around he's going to rule the SEC.

Lincoln Riley dodged the SEC and now Brian Kelly wants a piece. I can't believe ND couldn't come up with the money to keep him. I'm not sure anyone else will do much good there. ND sucked bad since 1990 until Brian Kelly came in.

I don't think Fickell would do well there and Urban Meyer's old and soft. Hell, he wanted to be old and soft at Ohio State. Came up here to take it easy and build a nice record against Big MAC teams or whatever.

Overall outside of money, not a good winning situation for anybody involved. He'll be better for LSU than Farmer Fran was going to be, but 2nd or 3rd in the SEC West is about it.

His contract at ND wasn’t public, but somebody on espn said it was only about $3MM a year.

he wasn’t going to win a NC at ND, simply can’t recruit the “right” players there. He can win one in the SEC as proven by people other than Saban winning them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT