ADVERTISEMENT

Starting a thread about the game....

W-S HerdFan

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 14, 2002
Sarasota, FL
I realize Charlotte isn't getting the fan base energized, but usually by now there is some x's & o's...
UNCC seems pretty vulnerable to the passing game. Looking forward to seeing #4 (Young) out there
for the 1st time in Kelly green & white! Thoughts?

Two years ago, Charlotte was awful... Last year, they were a little better and showed some promise... This year, they appear to be back to 2015 form.

Need to stay balanced on offense and do what we did against Cincy – Sustain drives. If that happens, the Herd should win easily on the strength of an improving defense and ball control... Worst case scenario, we go back to the Kent State nonsense of 3-and-out every time we touch the ball and its closer than it should be in the fourth quarter. Either way, I think MU wins, by how much remains to be seen.

Agreed that this should be a solid, safe win that our strong D will carry us through. I am not exactly sure how we can stay balanced on offense honestly. In theory it is always great to be balanced on offense, but you can't sustain drives on less than 2 yards per carry (per Smock's article in the first 3Q). We got saved on multiple drives by Cincy penalties when we got behind on down and distance. I am not saying abandon the run completely but we have to do something different. The backs are getting hit far too often before they even reach the offensive line.

I trust Heater to have a solid gameplan to beat this team but my gut feeling is to put the corners on an island make a QB who has a less than 50% completion percentage and more INTs than TDs on the season to beat me and force me to change my plan. Have a fast LB spy the QB and see what happens.

Reactions: pdbailey
I think we crush them our D is simply too good right now, our O will start out slow and then pick it up in the 2nd 1/2 of the 2nd Q, we roll 42-7.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT