ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Church Shooting

Obviously there was a breakdown somewhere since he was able to buy a gun(s) AFTER being found guilty of abuse. Find out what went wrong and fix that

It is inexcusable a federal conviction was not in federal records. Honestly I would like a Congressional hearing on exactly how the hell that happened. This SOB spent a year in the brig, was court marshalled and convicted for beating his wife and breaking his infant child's skull. Honestly he should have still been in prison, I'd like the Air Force to answer how that kind of child abuse is only worth a year.

Obviously there was a breakdown somewhere since he was able to buy a gun(s) AFTER being found guilty of abuse. Find out what went wrong and fix that

National permit to purchase and closing gun show loophole may be something that would have fixed it. But yes, I'm for fixing that.

A clerical error, maybe? You can add 20 laws to the books and this could still happen. Enforce the laws we already have, they're adequate.

National permit to purchase and closing gun show loophole may be something that would have fixed it. But yes, I'm for fixing that.

Your continued national permit suggestion would not have solved shit here as your links called on local police to sign off on one and this guy did not have a local record. I would like to see why his Texas CCW permit was denied, which could be as simple as he was too stupid to fill it out correctly.

It is inexcusable a federal conviction was not in federal records. Honestly I would like a Congressional hearing on exactly how the hell that happened. This SOB spent a year in the brig, was court marshalled and convicted for beating his wife and breaking his infant child's skull. Honestly he should have still been in prison, I'd like the Air Force to answer how that kind of child abuse is only worth a year.

OMG, I didn't know the extent. There's domestic abuse and then there's this. Domestic assaulters should be registered just like sex assaulters. Fvcking human scum.

Domestic assault is supposed to be NICB. There was some disconnect here between military records and NICB. I want to know how and why.

Two justice systems? Maybe they don't talk like they should? I'll ask around at work tomorrow.

Your continued national permit suggestion would not have solved shit here as your links called on local police to sign off on one and this guy did not have a local record. I would like to see why his Texas CCW permit was denied, which could be as simple as he was too stupid to fill it out correctly.

Hence the words "may be" in the post: "National permit to purchase and closing gun show loophole may be...

Hence the words "may be" in the post: "National permit to purchase and closing gun show loophole may be...

I'm not in the business of "may" when it comes to legislation affecting 320 million citizens. First things first: how did the Air Force fvxk this up? Second thing: I don't appreciate Trump blaming this on mental illness when he wants to cut health care access to millions of people. Which makes me ask: what's your answer for that? You don't believe in mental health care.

Maybe. I can understand some little bumfvxk town messing up and not entering something.

I just mean he was tried, convicted and sentenced under UCMJ. He did his time and when discharged, was basically a free man. Whereas, in a civilian court that record would follow him. Maybe there's a disconnect there, I really don't know. How that could happen, in this type of case, is dumbfounding. Him having a CO and TX home of records probably fuxed it up, too.

I just mean he was tried, convicted and sentenced under UCMJ. He did his time and when discharged, was basically a free man. Whereas, in a civilian court that record would follow him. Maybe there's a disconnect there, I really don't know. How that could happen, in this type of case, is dumbfounding. Him having a CO and TX home of records probably fuxed it up, too.
Probably some dumb ass lazy worker for the Air force didn't do their job. They can't even get payroll right sometimes or benefits right or whatever.

I'm not in the business of "may" when it comes to legislation affecting 320 million citizens. First things first: how did the Air Force fvxk this up? Second thing: I don't appreciate Trump blaming this on mental illness when he wants to cut health care access to millions of people. Which makes me ask: what's your answer for that? You don't believe in mental health care.

Neither am I. Which is why I said "may be". But I'm pretty sure a national permit to purchase would help matters, you know, those 320 million citizens you mentioned.

I don't appreciate cheetos, period.

Of course I'm for mental health. I just don't believe in pills as a viable treatment, just like I don't believe in electric shock therapy, or lobotomies. In the mainstream mental health system, I would suggest psychotherapy if I had to choose one.

Isn't it true that every shooter was OFF their meds at the time of their murdering? Lanza was, the AZ shooter was, pretty sure Arura was.

Neither am I. Which is why I said "may be". But I'm pretty sure a national permit to purchase would help matters, you know, those 320 million citizens you mentioned.

I don't appreciate cheetos, period.

Of course I'm for mental health. I just don't believe in pills as a viable treatment, just like I don't believe in electric shock therapy, or lobotomies. In the mainstream mental health system, I would suggest psychotherapy if I had to choose one.

Here's the problem: let's say Congress passes this national permit to purchase thing. And it changes nothing. Statistically nothing changes. Now what is next down the slippery slope?

If you want to rely on psychotherapy only you better get ready to re-open the asylums (not a bad idea, really)...I don't think you understand how many batshit crazy people there are walking the streets. I don't mean mild depression issues...I mean full-on hearing voices batshit crazy.

Here's the problem: let's say Congress passes this national permit to purchase thing. And it changes nothing. Statistically nothing changes. Now what is next down the slippery slope?

What if it actually changed things for the better? What if there is no slippery slope? No matter what we do, death by firearms will not stop. It CAN be made better. But some haven't progressed far enough to realize or admit we have a gun problem.

If you want to rely on psychotherapy only you better get ready to re-open the asylums (not a bad idea, really)...I don't think you understand how many batshit crazy people there are walking the streets. I don't mean mild depression issues...I mean full-on hearing voices batshit crazy.

Opening the asylums is a better solution than having 6 million americans on mind altering drugs.

You still need meds with the asylums. Christ you’re an idiot

He has no idea. Of course this cannot legally happen (HIPPA), but if EG could spend a day in a mental health clinic that serves the lower income levels of society he would "get woke", as the kids say. There's a LOT of people out there hanging on by a thread, and that thread is psychotropic medications. Or jail or a prison...a full quarter of US inmates have severe mental health issues, like bi-polar, schizophrenia/psychotic disorders, and personality disorders. That's a big reason jail is just a revolving door, the same people coming and going.

But he thinks just psychotherapy is going to be the answer for someone with a combined diagnosis of bi-polar, schizophrenia, and intermittent explosive disorder. Yeah right.

Pretty sure Extras son works at Mitchell Bateman hospital. He knows

Last edited:
I'm not ashamed to tell you I have minor depression that is controlled with medication. Are you ashamed to make fun of that? Or is that when you put away your Christian hat and put on your Scientology hat?

I'm not ashamed to state a fact while wearing both hats. Perhaps your mental illness is being kept in check with placebo effect. Now take off your science hat and tell us how your depression is caused by a chemical I'm balance.

I'm not ashamed to state a fact while wearing both hats. Perhaps your mental illness is being kept in check with placebo effect. Now take off your science hat and tell us how your depression is caused by a chemical I'm balance.

A placebo effect....like the cans? Maybe I need a sauna and some vitamins.

If I take off the science hat how am I going to explain science? Off and on are antonyms. That's not a fancy college word, it is elementary school stuff. And what's an "I'm balance"? Is English taught Out Wayne? And if not, is there a Scientology course on English?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT