ADVERTISEMENT

The ruble and sanctions

As Lenin said, the best way to destroy a political system is to debauch the currency.

I wonder, how long before Russian troops realize their paychecks are near worthless?
I think the old women over in Ukraine are stopping them and letting them know. From the limited things I've seen, it kind of appears a good chunk of the troops don't want to be there. Hard to say if true or not, or just bullshit you're hearing. The crazy ass Chechins probably don't give a shit though, but Ukrainians are marking them as must kill assholes. Berarus is now going to send troops, but they're being forced to do so by Vlad. I'm sure they don't want to go, knowing their cash flow is going to take a major hit.

At this point, I wouldn't mind seeing the US of A send a drone through Vlad's office. They would know we did it, but most would probably be glad we did.

As Lenin said, the best way to destroy a political system is to debauch the currency.

I wonder, how long before Russian troops realize their paychecks are near worthless?
that why there is a concern that Putin orders bigger bombs and artillery to start letting lose. The Russians have been more reserved than they could be. Part of that is the fighting and resistence and logistics issues. But, if he gets closer to those cities he can let loose with artillery and that will get ugly.

Putin made a likely mistake by coming in on too many fronts at once. But, remember, this is still early on. If his logistics catch up he can put a terrible artillery and bomb reign on the Ukrainian people. We are still very early in this. Urkaines best hope is to drag it out and inflict causulaties on the Russians.

Reactions: SamSwimmer

I also feel like this is a card the west can play once....

Makes me wonder what China will do to keep this from happening (?crypto?). I don't know. Need someone smarter than me to figure this out.

Russia has bombs and arttillery that self-launches? Putin really is a genius!
He has been somewhat reserved. He could level a city if he wanted to. He has not dropped heavy doses of artillery which would be a nightmare scenario. If he can catch up his logistic lines then he can make this happen easier. Also, remember he will and can control the skies at some point. THere is no big air force to stop him. If his logistics catch up he can fuel the tanks and trucks which get the artillery closer. Also, if his divisions from the south and east can merge they will surround the capital. Once those bridages and regiments form up then this makes what I am saying play out. He has not used all his combat power. This is a major military. Right now they are facing a good fight from Ukraine, but don't say this is over.

If his supply lines and logistics catch up. He will move faster and then he can ring around the major cities. That brings in artillery and heave armor. Then they can coordinate beween air and land power. If he can surround the capital they have no way of stopping the MLRS, artillery, tanks and air campaign. YOu then move into a counter insurgency but, it will be hell on the people.

Reactions: johns1124
that why there is a concern that Putin orders bigger bombs and artillery to start letting lose.
Summary: ^^^Wants the president to show Putin who is boss. But maybe we should be more careful with the sanctions". Stupid gonna be stupid.^^

d Russian Troops are within 15 to 17 miles out of the capital of Ukraine. Large convoys.

This is going to change things up now. Within effective range of conventional artillery. Russians have good aritllery. They must have a supply chain and logistics chain working. Headlines could change. He could seige the city of bring down artillery for days upon days if they want. the Urkaines really and likely have not way to counter attack and have no air power. This is not good.

Last edited:
Makes me wonder what China will do to keep this from happening (?crypto?). I don't know. Need someone smarter than me to figure this out.
In my opinion China isn't too happy about this. Tolerating? Yes. Supporting? No.

This ain't exactly a pro-Western news souce, so it is odd to read this:

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2...ion-grows-china-hints-at-limits-of-friendship

I think all China cares about is getting energy from Russia.
He could level a city if he wanted to. He has not dropped heavy doses of artillery which would be a nightmare scenario. If he can catch up his logistic lines then he can make this happen easier. Also, remember he will and can control the skies at some point. THere is no big air force to stop him.
Wiping out a city is exactly the kind of thing that would bring in outside military invervention. And I haven't been too impressed with the Russians yet (and let's be honest, you are not either)...I think the last thing Putin wants is the US and NATO deciding they have seen enough. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with a no-fly zone as it is.

Reactions: johns1124
In my opinion China isn't too happy about this. Tolerating? Yes. Supporting? No.

This ain't exactly a pro-Western news souce, so it is odd to read this:

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2...ion-grows-china-hints-at-limits-of-friendship

I think all China cares about is getting energy from Russia.

Wiping out a city is exactly the kind of thing that would bring in outside military invervention. And I haven't been too impressed with the Russians yet (and let's be honest, you are not either)...I think the last thing Putin wants is the US and NATO deciding they have seen enough. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with a no-fly zone as it is.
No fly zone equals US vs Russian war. Won't happen, IMO. You also would have to put ground troops in for a no fly zone? Why? Search and rescue and comm and control. We won't want USA pilots vs Russian pilots as that would escalate.

Would it really bring outside intervention? He could level with artillery or large thermo bombs. Who is going to go in? Mush has already said no US troops(which I don't disagree with). He knows NATO and USA won't do shit in Ukraine.

He is within range of artillery bombardments now or close to it. He is within about 15 miles give or take with large convoys. The scneario is changing.

Growing concern for their capital. They are going to have large masses of troops soon particular from the north with an open supply route coming from near Belarus.

If this happens Russia will be able to reign down with artillery and bring in armor and infantry into the city. Not good

Growing concern for their capital. They are going to have large masses of troops soon particular from the north with an open supply route coming from near Belarus.

If this happens Russia will be able to reign down with artillery and bring in armor and infantry into the city. Not good
He'll (Putin) will back off when Mush tells him about the Corn pop story. That, or Mush challenges him to a pushup contest.

He might even call him a bad name during the state of the union address tomorrow night, something like, C'mon man, stop being a tyrant. Nancy will stand up and clap if he does that, as will the hyena.

He'll (Putin) will back off when Mush tells him about the Corn pop story. That, or Mush challenges him to a pushup contest.

He might even call him a bad name during the state of the union address tomorrow night, something like, C'mon man, stop being a tyrant. Nancy will stand up and clap if he does that, as will the hyena.
^^^^licking that snot^^^^

Love the:

"The Kremlin wants its security demands taken into account “unconditionally,” President Vladimir V. Putin told the French president, Emmanuel Macron, as talks were underway. Those include the recognition of Russian sovereignty over Crimea, and “demilitarizing and denazifying the Ukrainian state and ensuring its neutral status,”"

Didn't know they were Nazi's. Maybe he is referring to US as the Nazi's.

Dam who knows.... Still think he might have lost his marbles after two years of Covid (self-Imposed) isolation.

Holy Hell I thought it was 14 days, according to some, Putin has been hiding for two years hiding from the virus.

No fly zone equals US vs Russian war.
The Euros could handle it.

The Russian military has been exposed. Shit logistics, shit morale, pretty much just shit. It's reminding me of Gulf War 1 Iraq, lots of men and things but the bottom line is it is shit. All he has is the nuclear threat. Now that is scary, yes, backed into a corner would he do the unthinkable?
Who is going to go in?
From what I have seen of their shit logistics we could Highway of Death 2 a big chunk of them right now today if we wanted to.
Didn't know they were Nazi's.
I mean the president of Ukraine is a Jew. It would be laughable if there wasn't a war.

Reactions: Jartard

The Russian military has been exposed. Shit logistics, shit morale, pretty much just shit. It's reminding me of Gulf War 1 Iraq, lots of men and things but the bottom line is it is shit. All he has is the nuclear threat. Now that is scary, yes, backed into a corner would he do the unthinkable?

From what I have seen of their shit logistics we could Highway of Death 2 a big chunk of them right now today if we wanted to.

I mean the president of Ukraine is a Jew. It would be laughable if there wasn't a war.
I agree, the Russian Army has been exposed as quite inept. Literally videos of tanks that are on the highway out of fuel. That’s piss poor planning. I do fear the nuclear option because Putin now realizes he’s exposed and no one fears the Russian military now.

Reactions: ohio herd

I think you *may* be right...but there is a military book I was reading about from Russian warfare tactics and sending in your shit crew first to "probe" then coming in later with the big guns is apparently a thing. We'll see soon enough.

The nuclear threat you're right about. That is a BIG deal.
Would you get a plane if it had a 1% chance of crashing? no way. Even if it's a 1% chance Putin drops a nuke, that's a HUGE risk.

orange jesus and putin have similarities. That should tell you what I think of putin. But we have done a miserable job dealing with him by poking the bear as putin has an obvious paranoia about being surrounded by democracies. Maybe we should play a long game and be a bit more subtle until putin is no longer in control. And hope his successor is a bit more sane.

orange jesus and putin have similarities. That should tell you what I think of putin. But we have done a miserable job dealing with him by poking the bear as putin has an obvious paranoia about being surrounded by democracies. Maybe we should play a long game and be a bit more subtle until putin is no longer in control. And hope his successor is a bit more sane.
Proof, in writing, of support of Putin.

Unbelievable. Even for greed's low standards.

We could highway of death them under this scenario, but they know we won't. We clearly could but they know there is no threat to do so. I am not saying we should but, they know we won't. The Euro's can't handle it. He knows they won't. Hell Biden told them no troops nor planes. Even if we aren't going to do that why play that hand? Oh wait, that is Mush.

They have been at war 6 days. They have not used their heavy stuff yet nor the main part of their fighting force yet. This is going to ugly.

Eh, I flew on ValuJet.

I can top that, I flew on Peoples Express!!! LOL You didn't even buy your ticket until you were in the air!! :p

You guys are reminding me...

I flew Wizz air (yes, it's a real thing - Hungarian airline) between Prague and Rome.

It was ghetto but not as bad as Allegiant.

I am not saying we should
Yeah you are. And that's fine! Hell, I want to Highway of Death those Russian bastards.
Hell Biden told them no troops nor planes. Even if we aren't going to do that why play that hand? Oh wait, that is Mush.
I think it is becoming obvious what we are trying to do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT