ADVERTISEMENT

The truth behind the '96 fiasco

The point is starting to get diluted here. You've got a coach that we can never, ever question for his results while he led our team. He put the crown on the glory that is our football program. He, like all of us, has an ego. His is waaayyyyy bigger than the rest of us and still feels like he could run out of that tunnel and raise a trophy at the end of the field and all of the the sudden he goes from legend to saint and we're naming bridges and babies in his honor. But he played a card that had been marked...he let too much time lag before he hung his hat on an aging whineasaurus that thinks his articles in a dead medium somehow dictate the pulse of our town. He chased down a bunch of vulnerable, partied out formers that still are somehow owed naming rights and led them on a crusade for change. Change that was intended to end in a coaching or AD position for the legend and the respect that the team felt that they deserved and weren't getting.

Just like most others, some have preyed on the perceived stupidity and naivety of our region. We may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer all the time but somehow, some way, we always seem to get to the truth.

Sometimes that truth sucks.

At the end of the day, as with all conspiracy theories this is believable. But it could also be more simple. What if Chuck just wanted to get Doc and or Hammy fired?? It's no secret he's been boxed out by the current program and that would equate to motive. Whether he acted on his own, or he had Bobby telling him what to do I can see that he would have motive. I mean every time chuck writes an article my instant reaction is "this is fiction".

I don't know if any of this is true but I will say this, it's not out of the realm of possibility that any of this would happen. Just look at the situation at Wake Forest to see what a former coach who feels slighted will do to affect change.

Something I keep thinking about - the players who were complaining about the tailgate being closed at the start of the game apparently didn't want to go in and watch the game.

Not that this year was comfortable to watch, but if you're going to play the "Marshall players are sacrosanct" card, you might want to go in and watch this year's team.

Something I keep thinking about - the players who were complaining about the tailgate being closed at the start of the game apparently didn't want to go in and watch the game.

Not that this year was comfortable to watch, but if you're going to play the "Marshall players are sacrosanct" card, you might want to go in and watch this year's team.

True, but they probably saw some wet paint drying and decided to just hang out there, since it was far more entertaining.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT