ADVERTISEMENT

Tiger arrested for DUI

And they are. Point me to any news source that breaks news in any industry and never has had details wrong.

Just having fun. The problem I believe stems from the 24/7 coverage era. There are so many outlets competing that 5 minutes can make the difference of breaking the story or being 3rd or 4th in line. It's not like the old days where 3am is too late for the morning news and 15 hours from the six o'clock news. Plenty of time to get it right.

But man...they got this one wrong big time. Driving erratic vs sleeping in car...strong smell of alcohol vs 0.00 breathalyzer and urine sample. It's like they they caught wind of the DUI and just went with their story because that's what happens 90% of the time.

How many DUIs have erratic driving and strong smell of alcohol? Almost all of them.

My money says Tiger was chasing the Ambian Walrus.

ambien-walrus-and-the-cookies.gif

Just having fun. The problem I believe stems from the 24/7 coverage era. There are so many outlets competing that 5 minutes can make the difference of breaking the story or being 3rd or 4th in line. It's not like the old days where 3am is too late for the morning news and 15 hours from the six o'clock news. Plenty of time to get it right.

But man...they got this one wrong big time. Driving erratic vs sleeping in car...strong smell of alcohol vs 0.00 breathalyzer and urine sample. It's like they they caught wind of the DUI and just went with their story because that's what happens 90% of the time.

How many DUIs have erratic driving and strong smell of alcohol? Almost all of them.

Watch "Nightcrawler" with Jake Gyllenhaal. It is an entertaining movie that is based around the competition to break and get coverage of the story first.

Like many things in entertainment, TMZ broke this one. If they had to do it again, I guarantee they would do it just like they did. The importance was that they broke the story of Tiger getting the DUI. If the details ended up being wrong, then that is the risk they will take in order to be the first to break the story.

As a consumer, if I want to hear about the story first, I would continue paying attention to the sites which break them first. If i were writing a college paper, I wouldn't necessarily be siting TMZ for its accuracy in details.

Watch "Nightcrawler" with Jake Gyllenhaal. It is an entertaining movie that is based around the competition to break and get coverage of the story first.

Like many things in entertainment, TMZ broke this one. If they had to do it again, I guarantee they would do it just like they did. The importance was that they broke the story of Tiger getting the DUI. If the details ended up being wrong, then that is the risk they will take in order to be the first to break the story.

As a consumer, if I want to hear about the story first, I would continue paying attention to the sites which break them first. If i were writing a college paper, I wouldn't necessarily be siting TMZ for its accuracy in details.

That is part of my point and perhaps, GK's point. To break the story they are not providing factual information or factual news.

That is part of my point and perhaps, GK's point. To break the story they are not providing factual information or factual news.

They are breaking the most important thing. Do you give a shit about the details initially? No. You just want to find out that Tiger was arrested for a DUI. Do you care if he was swerving or fell asleep at the wheel? Do you care if he was wasted on booze or high on pills? No. You, like they, just care about getting the big news out there.

They are breaking the most important thing. Do you give a shit about the details initially? No. You just want to find out that Tiger was arrested for a DUI. Do you care if he was swerving or fell asleep at the wheel? Do you care if he was wasted on booze or high on pills? No. You, like they, just care about getting the big news out there.

Like you?? You ran here with info from Fake News.

You know that saying "wait till the facts come out"

Like you?? You ran here with info from Fake News.

You know that saying "wait till the facts come out"

You know the saying "better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt?" That should be your life mantra.

I didn't "run here" with fake news. It was posted and discussed by numerous other before I chimed in. I referred to him as driving "drunk" instead of "under the influence." Ohhhhh! You got me there, moron!

The point remains the same regardless if drunk or under the influence.

Why do you continue to try? It has been years and you continue to show your ass every time you post.

Yes, I want facts. That is why Trump hits a home run with his message about the press.

The modern press in this country cannot be trusted at all. In an attempt to break the story and to convey their agenda they are Fake News. Trump is right.

The modern press should be ashamed and so should people that get suckered into it.

The modern press are modern day communist in my book. Enemies of the country.

Yes, I want facts. That is why Trump hits a home run with his message about the press.

The modern press in this country cannot be trusted at all. In an attempt to break the story and to convey their agenda they are Fake News. Trump is right.

The modern press should be ashamed and so should people that get suckered into it.

The modern press are modern day communist in my book. Enemies of the country.
Talk to any journalist today about the pressure to get scoops, likes, retweets, etc... They're literally forced to churn out clickbait. When a business mixes that with the ability to run with anonymous sources, I think people are right to be hugely skeptical.

Do you give a shit about the details initially?

If details are not important.....why attempt to offer them up as a part of the story as TMZ did?

Responsible journalism would indeed break the story of a "DUI arrest" but would refrain from reporting additional speculations as "fact". This is the problem with modern day journalism. Lying seems to now be tolerated.

Responsible journalism would indeed break the story of a "DUI arrest" but would refrain from reporting additional speculations as "fact". This is the problem with modern day journalism. Lying seems to now be tolerated.

I am sure it is far from "speculating" and "lying." Details that are corrected later are almost never due to speculation and lying. Miscommunication happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT