ADVERTISEMENT

Tough to compete against this , ton of money for two coordinators.

MARSHALL77

Platinum Buffalo
May 29, 2001
Matt Canada contract revealed; LSU coordinators likely highest-paid duo in college football
Canada, Aranda to make combined $3.3 million this year.

Exactly BB - you want to compete today you need deep pockets and an intelligent AD that has the right head man in place to go after top flight asst coaches and coordinators.

Not saying we could or would ever reach this level , but this shows the gap again , the uphill battle that mid range schools face. And like it or not Marshall is a mid range program.

Still go with the old adage - Big fish in a small pond is better than being a little fish in a big pond. It is what it is not what some wish to believe it is. Find your niche ( we did at one time) be the best there (we were at one time) and enjoy what you have vs fretting over what you do not have. Know your limitations and excel at that level.

Honestly they just need to ban cross ocer FBS\FCS games and the feds need to get involved with the TV contract money.

Honestly they just need to ban cross ocer FBS\FCS games

That won't ever come from the NCAA because that is the payday that keeps those smaller schools' athletics afloat, and those smaller schools are what keeps the myth of the men's football/basketball student-athlete alive.

That won't ever come from the NCAA because that is the payday that keeps those smaller schools' athletics afloat, and those smaller schools are what keeps the myth of the men's football/basketball student-athlete alive.

Well if those schools cant finance a D1 program they should either drop to non-scholarship status or drop to NAIA or D2.

Actually the NCAA could, in a way, do a certain type of ban of FCS schools. They are doing it right now with limiting one FCS game to count towards bowl eligibility. They "could" turn that into no FCS game counts, you can play them, but it can't count towards bowl eligibility. Really that should be done anyways.

Actually the NCAA could, in a way, do a certain type of ban of FCS schools. They are doing it right now with limiting one FCS game to count towards bowl eligibility. They "could" turn that into no FCS game counts, you can play them, but it can't count towards bowl eligibility. Really that should be done anyways.
That won't work until they significantly decrease the number of bowls.

That won't work until they significantly decrease the number of bowls.
Oh I know, was just saying something they "could" do. Really they should to be honest, you would have leeway to schedule a tune up game if you wanted, but if you want wins to count towards bowl eligibility, you should have to earn it against 1a competition. JMO

I agree that an eventual split between the P5 and the G5 will happen. I also agree that there are a lot of schools that are field fillers in P5 leagues (including WVU) who will find themselves stuck in a league in which they will never be successful. I believe that what ESPN, et al, eventually want is not a 60 team P5 but about 25 to 30 teams. AAA NFL. And that will eventually happen and everybody else will be, no matter what they call it, be in the second division.

In any event the thing that they need to do in football is divide into levels and only let a team play down one level. P5 can play G5 but not I-AA. The late season SEC versus SoCon games are rediculious. P5 can play G5. G5 can play P5 or I-AA. I-AA can play G5 or D2. D2 can play I-AA or NAIA. Basketball is too far gone to save, but the best thing they could do is not more than 3 games played off-campus (regular season). College basketball should belong to the students.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT