ADVERTISEMENT

Trump and polling numbers

ohio herd

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2012
I just saw this headline. I am curious if any of you think the MSM is pushing these numbers to help Trump look better than he is.By that I mean I am convinced DeSantis can beat any Democrat they run in 2024. I am worried he might not be able to beat Trump in the primary. Of course Trump cannot win against anyone besides Hillary or maybe AOC. If he gets the nod then every democrat ( those living and those who have already died) will turn out to vote against him out of hate for him. Personally I know more and more conservatives are moving away from Trump for these and other reasons and I am somewhat suspicious of the polls. What do you guys think?

https://www.axios.com/2023/03/01/trump-polling-february

Last edited:
I believe they totally would cherry pick data to create a narrative, however in this case due to how many polls seem to be coming back with similar results, and the fact that Trump pretty famously underperformed in pre-election polls relative to the actual election (though this could’ve changed) I’m inclined to believe it’s at least a real trend.

Trump's base is pretty consistent, in that he'll win the Republican nomination if there's a crowded field to split up the anti-Trumpers. I hate to keep harping on this, but the Republicans best chance of winning the 2024 Presidency doesn't include Trump as its nominee. The numbers simply don't work in Trump's favor in a general election. Add in all the Republicans moving out of swing states like Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and it spells doom and gloom, since those states seem to be keys to victory for either party. They cheat like hell in Arizona, so that one is basically a red state now. Nevada as well.

The GOP base. It speaks for itself.

And listen: you might like WHAT DeSantis does, but he has a boring personality. I'm not sure that will cut it with the base. I've said before he has an inner mean streak and he needs to tap into that, say rude shit to and about Trump....because that is what Trump is going to do, for sure.

hard for Republicans to win with ballot harvesting , mail in ballots, and plain cheating as Dems control major metro areas.

doesnt matter if it is Trump or whoever. The whole election game changed when covid hit. Dems aren't giving that up.

And listen: you might like WHAT DeSantis does, but he has a boring personality. I'm not sure that will cut it with the base. I've said before he has an inner mean streak and he needs to tap into that, say rude shit to and about Trump....because that is what Trump is going to do, for sure.
DeSantis has not announced he is running yet. Until he does then he is not on the ballot.

hard for Republicans to win with ballot harvesting , mail in ballots, and plain cheating as Dems control major metro areas.

doesnt matter if it is Trump or whoever. The whole election game changed when covid hit. Dems aren't giving that up.
I know your news outlets are not covering it, but you do realize your heroes on Fox said it was all bullshit, right?

You still don't think there's a chance DeSantis would join the Trump ticket as VP candidate should he not get the bid?

I know your news outlets are not covering it, but you do realize your heroes on Fox said it was all bullshit, right?
I read BBC and CNN as much as Fox. Ballot harvesting is legal in some areas. Mail in ballots are legal in some areas. Dems are better at that than Repubs. Dems also control big city machines and metro areas. Facts.

Make no mistake, media would love nothing more than a Trump primary win.

It gives them huge ratings and a guaranteed Dem win.

Yep. I just hope Republicans can see through all this. Trump can’t win a general election anymore. He’s too snake bitten. DeSantis is our only chance right now. Independents love him and he’s Trump without the Trumpiness. That should be enough to calm the GOP masses.

Yep. I just hope Republicans can see through all this. Trump can’t win a general election anymore. He’s too snake bitten. DeSantis is our only chance right now. Independents love him and he’s Trump without the Trumpiness. That should be enough to calm the GOP masses.
The press and others will go after DeSantis just like Trump. Just wait.

Look how they went after the bill and labled it Anti Gay which was false.

They will make him a villian just the same. Why? They hate him too. They will lie, cheat, whatever it takes to win. That is what power means to them. Plus, now they have to cover for Covid and their lies and for people like Fauci. They can't let that be exposed.

Biden is such a bad candidate I think there are a number of GOP people that could beat him. DeSantis seems like the favorite but I'd bet a number of them would do better than Trump in a general....Haley, Youngkin, Tim Scott.

Not saying I think they should all run, but just sayin'

The press and others will go after DeSantis just like Trump. Just wait.

Look how they went after the bill and labled it Anti Gay which was false.

They will make him a villian just the same. Why? They hate him too. They will lie, cheat, whatever it takes to win. That is what power means to them. Plus, now they have to cover for Covid and their lies and for people like Fauci. They can't let that be exposed.

No matter who wins the GOP nomination the tag line will be "he/she is a more sinister/polished Trump."

They will be attacked.

We know what happens when Trump runs though. So at least that's a variable you know how to account for. He can't win and will make the whole ticket a loser. At least others have a shot.

Biden is such a bad candidate I think there are a number of GOP people that could beat him. DeSantis seems like the favorite but I'd bet a number of them would do better than Trump in a general....Haley, Youngkin, Tim Scott.

Not saying I think they should all run, but just sayin'
They could run a stuffed animal and it will get 82 million votes or whatever is necessary.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
They could run a stuffed animal and it will get 82 million votes or whatever is necessary.

You surely can't win at all if your campaign promise or attitude is "it doesn't matter what, they will cheat."

You win now, solidify election laws (no more mass harvesting mail ins, voter ID, etc) and move on. The more years of losing you do the less likely it is that you ever get policy things the way you want them in the future...you're further down the road...

You surely can't win at all if your campaign promise or attitude is "it doesn't matter what, they will cheat."

You win now, solidify election laws (no more mass harvesting mail ins, voter ID, etc) and move on. The more years of losing you do the less likely it is that you ever get policy things the way you want them in the future...you're further down the road...
I agree. The way you do that is through state legislatures and governors.

Yes, 82 million people hate trump enough to vote for a wet paper bag over him.
I am sure they all did it legal and by the book as well. When you boil it down it came down to a few locations by probably less than 200,000 votes and imagine that, Dems put it out in the end.

To what end? There is nearly zero voting fraud NOW.

To the end that you need an ID to vote and mass mail in voting isn't a normal thing.

I think it's debatable how much fraud goes on. The existential risk is that if no one believes the outcomes, chaos ensues...even if outcomes are fair. So perception matters too.

Hard to quantify, but I'd guess the amount of fraud going on is arguably greater/worse than the amount of "I can't vote because I can't get an ID." So I'm on team voter ID. Make ID's free for poor people.

To the end that you need an ID to vote and mass mail in voting isn't a normal thing.

I think it's debatable how much fraud goes on. The existential risk is that if no one believes the outcomes, chaos ensues...even if outcomes are fair. So perception matters too.

Hard to quantify, but I'd guess the amount of fraud going on is arguably greater/worse than the amount of "I can't vote because I can't get an ID." So I'm on team voter ID. Make ID's free for poor people.
Need to clean it up like Georgia did. Get dead people off the books. Get people in mutilple locations off the books. Put easy rules in place. There is plenty of time to vote and it is easy to vote.

Georgia did a good job cleaning it up.

Yes, 82 million people hate trump enough to vote for a wet paper bag over him.

Exactly.

My own family members will say they think Biden is a joke but couldn't bring themselves to vote for Trump. People hate that man. He fires up the voters like no other.

Fraud didn't win Biden the election...hatred at Trump did. Without Covid Trump wins (economy was going well, etc), but there's no going back.

Reactions: FreddyReef
Need to clean it up like Georgia did. Get dead people off the books. Get people in mutilple locations off the books. Put easy rules in place. There is plenty of time to vote and it is easy to vote.

Georgia did a good job cleaning it up.

No "voting season" either.

574afbcd52bcd0210c8c5bf7

• Haha
Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
You still don't think there's a chance DeSantis would join the Trump ticket as VP candidate should he not get the bid?
Haha, fvck no. He has a GIANT ego, no way. And as Hokies said, it would be a demotion.
Dems are better at that than Repubs.
Well then get better at it.
He might well be.
Strike while the iron is hot.
no more mass harvesting mail ins
Yet the only fraud is isolated cases here and there. Basically you are saying to get rid of something because Republicans have been bad at it in some places. Well tough shit.
and mass mail in voting isn't a normal thing.
It works great for Utah. A Republican state. Utah finally allowed mail ins in every county, BOOM into the top half of turnout. Still voted Republican. It's worth looking into nationwide.

Haha, fvck no. He has a GIANT ego, no way. And as Hokies said, it would be a demotion.

Well then get better at it.

Strike while the iron is hot.

Yet the only fraud is isolated cases here and there. Basically you are saying to get rid of something because Republicans have been bad at it in some places. Well tough shit.

It works great for Utah. A Republican state. Utah finally allowed mail ins in every county, BOOM into the top half of turnout. Still voted Republican. It's worth looking into nationwide.

You could convince me mail in's are ok but needs to be limited to a shorter time frame.

No voting season with mail ins though.

Block chain tech would be great for voting. I just don't know how to implement it.

What’s the benefit to shortening the time someone has to vote from what they have now? I get that there’s probably a sweet spot when it comes to how long people have, where you want to minimize the number of people who don’t get their vote counted while not leaving it open so long that it’s likely material facts about the election are changing, but I would err toward the former. People can always wait until closer to the deadline if they aren’t sure.

What’s the benefit to shortening the time someone has to vote from what they have now? I get that there’s probably a sweet spot when it comes to how long people have, where you want to minimize the number of people who don’t get their vote counted while not leaving it open so long that it’s likely material facts about the election are changing, but I would err toward the former. People can always wait until closer to the deadline if they aren’t sure.
Why do we have April 15th as a tax deadline?

You have to have a set of defined rules. Voting is not that damn hard.

Why do we have April 15th as a tax deadline?

You have to have a set of defined rules. Voting is not that damn hard.
That’s a bad example considering there is also a voting deadline, the question is how early to let people vote. You’re allowed to file your taxes in a window of months.

Time for debates, investigative reports, and analysis. New issues arise and things may look different a month before Election Day vs Election Day.

I am sure they all did it legal and by the book as well. When you boil it down it came down to a few locations by probably less than 200,000 votes and imagine that, Dems put it out in the end.
You're a lying idiot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT