ADVERTISEMENT

Trump's a Petty Man

You're off by almost 200%, but then again, you've shown countless times to not be good with numbers.

First, his Congressional salary is significantly more than that and has been for many years. Second, he has also made money from his books and real estate ventures. He also has a pension from the Navy, tax-free, which is about $60,000 per year.
So his salary is what mid $170s? Plus the $60? Bankers point is still correct. $230,000 is not high relative to many many federal jobs in the DC area. I’m sure at this point someone will google salaries that include admin and clerical persons and give a lower number

You're off by almost 200%, but then again, you've shown countless times to not be good with numbers.

First, his Congressional salary is significantly more than that and has been for many years. Second, he has also made money from his books and real estate ventures. He also has a pension from the Navy, tax-free, which is about $60,000 per year.
His congressional salary is 174000. It is more but I wouldn’t exactly say it’s significantly more

And just like that, the national media decides to take a shot at Trump and demand that we respect the flag to honor a fallen veteran, after they've spent the last two years celebrating the NFL flag protests.

Reactions: 19MU88 and WV-FAN
And just like that, the national media decides to take a shot at Trump and demand that we respect the flag to honor a fallen veteran, after they've spent the last two years celebrating the NFL flag protests.

The NFL thing was made into a flag thing by Trump and his moronic followers and the right wing media and at no time was he protesting the flag, but you dolts jumped on it as a disrespectful gesture towards the flag. Now, we have a war hero in which a 5 deferment POTUS calls him out for being captured and questioning his status as a war hero and does the bare minimum for a man of his stature and you dolts think it’s ok because you didn’t like his politics. As usual it’s idiocy by the sheep that follow him blindly.

Reactions: Chevy1 and dherd
All these former McCain voters are now telling us he was terrible. That's funny.

Was he a perfect man or perfect Senator? No. Does he deserve a higher level of respect in death because of the longevity of his service and his ordeal as a POW? Yes.

Shit, if Mitch McConnell died today I would want the flag half-staff until his interment. And I cannot stand that smug prick.

The Keating Five shit doesn't bother me. It was typical influence peddling and frankly not illegal. In poor taste? Sure. But I'm going to get a kick out of people who voted for a crooked billionaire and who support a crooked system and a crooked party suddenly finding Jesus over minor crookedness to exonerate their asshole President.

Reactions: dherd
you dolts think it’s ok because you didn’t like his politics. As usual it’s idiocy by the sheep that follow him blindly.
Why don't you simply admit that you're upset that TRUMP is President, and you'll never ever get over it. There's winners and losers in this society. You lost this one. Get over it. Better yet, start another 'Hey Rifle' thread. You seem to do okay in those.

Reactions: 19MU88
The NFL thing was made into a flag thing by Trump and his moronic followers and the right wing media and at no time was he protesting the flag, but you dolts jumped on it as a disrespectful gesture towards the flag. Now, we have a war hero in which a 5 deferment POTUS calls him out for being captured and questioning his status as a war hero and does the bare minimum for a man of his stature and you dolts think it’s ok because you didn’t like his politics. As usual it’s idiocy by the sheep that follow him blindly.
No, nobody else noticed the flag kneelers on the sideline.

Remember the dipshit coach for the Steelers who was mad at his Army Ranger center for going out when the anthem was being played? Nobody noticed that.

Why don't you simply admit that you're upset that TRUMP is President, and you'll never ever get over it. There's winners and losers in this society. You lost this one. Get over it. Better yet, start another 'Hey Rifle' thread. You seem to do okay in those.

You would know about the losers in this world you racist bastard

Good one, from the guy who moved his family to an all-white neighborhood.

An update on that we just had another Hispanic family move in across the street, so that’s two Hispanic families out of the 14 that live in my neighborhood. He’s legal and educated which I’m certain pains you to hear.

That can’t be right, Rifle said banker was off 200%. Could it be Rifle is no mathematician?

Stay out of this conversation 88, unless you have more fingers and toes than than anyone here, we know you can’t count high enough to keep up

An update on that we just had another Hispanic family move in across the street, so that’s two Hispanic families out of the 14 that live in my neighborhood. He’s legal and educated which I’m certain pains you to hear.
No pain here. Sounds like a neighborhood taco party is in your future.

Stay out of this conversation 88, unless you have more fingers and toes than than anyone here, we know you can’t count high enough to keep up
Well at least this post doesn’t illustrate any reading and comprehension issues, so that’s good. But counting “high” when dealing with percentages? Sounds odd jarhead

So his salary is what mid $170s? Plus the $60? Bankers point is still correct. $230,000 is not high relative to many many federal jobs in the DC area. I’m sure at this point someone will google salaries that include admin and clerical persons and give a lower number

You're too stupid to realize this, but $60,000 tax-free is like about $90,000 in regularly taxed income. So that $90,000 plus the $175,000 Congressional income puts him at $265,000 not even counting his book income and real estate income.

$265,000 is high, regardless of what you claim, for a federal job. Name these "many, many federal jobs in DC area" that are paid more. During my last four years in DC, one side of my condo was an attorney with the Justice Department. He wasn't making anywhere close to what McCain was earning with his Congressional salary and pension. The other side of me was Senator McCaskill. She didn't have that extra $90,000 in pension money, though she was fine living off of her husband's wealth.

To claim that was is basically a $265,000 salary isn't high compared with "many, many" federal jobs shows why nobody engages you on here. You're an idiot. Name all of those "many, many" federal jobs in DC which pay more.

That can’t be right, Rifle said banker was off 200%. Could it be Rifle is no mathematician?

Again, you're a moron. McCain released his taxes. He earned nearly $410,000 last year. So when the banker claims his earnings were only $140,000, then, yes, I was corret in saying that he was almost off by 200%.

Go back to liking posts. Nobody likes you here, and you're a moron who has no clue what you try posting about.

You don’t like tacos and margaritas?
back to tacos and margaritas . . . taco tuesday, as it's called elsewhere . . .

514full.jpg

1f4f14f1c39b6c231a838621527dc9f5.jpg

119f70f3a7e153ace707d0a5d125ebfa.jpg

mexicanas-9.jpg

faa54c34181ca428829730ed703a98a5.jpg

326651faaffceb13c776ea83bfd95b8b.jpg

images

4683018905f59b3f41cde7e324e48335.jpg

untitled-salma-hayek-wedding-reality-series-20080812025220268.jpg

d64fd935b884228aab2c99b6c255571c.jpg

mexican.jpg

32B7BDB100000578-0-image-a-30_1459464514663.jpg

151857.jpg

Susana-Almeida-27-de-mayo-de-2015-0465-Editar.jpg

7julnsfw17_super_hot_beach_babe_199.jpg

37cf29345f663b7153867185e0492a7b.jpg

e3793b65a60c631ba905555db29626a2.jpg

p152220-1.jpg

1296.jpg

5.jpg

Reactions: Marine03
You're too stupid to realize this, but $60,000 tax-free is like about $90,000 in regularly taxed income. So that $90,000 plus the $175,000 Congressional income puts him at $265,000 not even counting his book income and real estate income.

$265,000 is high, regardless of what you claim, for a federal job. Name these "many, many federal jobs in DC area" that are paid more. During my last four years in DC, one side of my condo was an attorney with the Justice Department. He wasn't making anywhere close to what McCain was earning with his Congressional salary and pension. The other side of me was Senator McCaskill. She didn't have that extra $90,000 in pension money, though she was fine living off of her husband's wealth.

To claim that was is basically a $265,000 salary isn't high compared with "many, many" federal jobs shows why nobody engages you on here. You're an idiot. Name all of those "many, many" federal jobs in DC which pay more.

Again, you're a moron. McCain released his taxes. He earned nearly $410,000 last year. So when the banker claims his earnings were only $140,000, then, yes, I was corret in saying that he was almost off by 200%.

Go back to liking posts. Nobody likes you here, and you're a moron who has no clue what you try posting about.

Well well you are smart enough to gross up nontaxable income although a 50% rate may be high. That’s neither here nor there.

You should do research on top 100 salaries at the plethora of gov agencies in DC. You may learn something. What do you think drives the real estate prices in DC moron? In any case your 200% was wrong, period.

Now, if you lump all into fed employee that includes admin, secretarial, military or others you will get a smaller #.

I’m in DC now, I know and obviously you do not.

No one likes me here? There you go sounding like a middle school girl again and still counting “likes”. Thank goodness you occasionally post about your crank or experience with sexually transmitted diseases so I know you aren’t a middle school girl.

You should do research on top 100 salaries at the plethora of gov agencies in DC. You may learn something.

I learned the big rollers are almost all doctors, and I assume mostly researchers given they work at NIH. I also saw that they could make a shitload more in the private sector. As for the tops of each department, I saw a lot of $187k at the tops of each. You and rifle can argue about that math, while I figure out how to earn $187k as a park ranger, because that would be awesome.

https://www.federalpay.org/employees/top-100.

while I figure out how to earn $187k as a park ranger, because that would be awesome.
Me and the wife watched all four nights of Yosemite Live on National Geo, and I was thinking the exact same thing. Would be awesome to work out there in the wild with the wolves, bears, bison, and other shit lurking around. Smoke a bunch of herb out there while working?

Well well you are smart enough to gross up nontaxable income although a 50% rate may be high. That’s neither here nor there.

You just continue to demonstrate how stupid you are. His pension was approximately $60,000. I said that is roughly a regularly taxed $90,000 salary. That is only a 33% rate, you fvcking moron, not a 50% rate, which is a good rough estimate.

You should do research on top 100 salaries at the plethora of gov agencies in DC. You may learn something.

Wait- you made the claim, now you're telling me to back up your claim? That's not how it works, moron.

But here, lets bring facts in to this. This database is the salary for federal employees in the country (about 1.4 million, I believe). The database allows you to sort by location, so go ahead and put in "Washington" and the field will pre-populate for you so you can select Washington. As you can see, there are approximately 133,000 federal employees based there.

Then, you can sort by salary. In doing so, you will see that out of 133,000 employees, there are 99 that have salaries over $270,000. Again, out of 133,000 federal employees in DC, only 99 have a salary higher than McCain's estimate earnings from his Congressional salary and government pension (this isn't even accounting for his books or real estate income). Of those 99 jobs that are higher, approximately 95 of them are medical doctors.

Now that facts are brought into the discussion, tell us again how $265,000 isn't high to "many, many federal jobs" in DC, moron.

You know what's great about that database? You can also search by agency. So, I just put in "Department of Justice." There are about 116,000 employees, nationwide, in the Department of Justice. Want to know how many earn more than McCain's $265,000 salary/pension? Not a single one. The highest is Dr. Lewis who earns $261,000 in Minneapolis, followed by dozens of other medical doctors. Not a single Department of Justice employee makes more than the number we discussed for McCain. And that's nationwide, not even just in DC like your claim was.

What other agencies do you want to try? Lets look at the Securities and Exchange Commission, which is regarded as the highest paying federal agency among the big ones They have approximately 4600 employees, up from 3900 eight years ago.

Nationwide - again, not even just in DC - the highest paid employee in that agency earns $257,000. The next highest falls down to $250,000.

The next best paid agency is the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. They have 704 employees, up from 699 eight years ago. Their highest paid employee(s)? It's mostly a bunch of attorneys who make $240,000. Again, not a single employee there makes more than $265,000.

So, show us the top 100 salaries at each of these "plethora" of federal agencies you claimed support your argument, moron.

In any case your 200% was wrong, period.

Oh, this is great. Explain how it was wrong. The numerically challenged banker said that McCain earned about $140,000 annually. I told him that he was wrong by about 200%. How did I get that number? McCain's tax statement shows that he earned approximately $410,000 when his pension, Congressional salary, book earnings, etc. were totaled. $410,000 is about 200% of Banker's claim.

I was entirely correct.

What do you think drives the real estate prices in DC moron?

This just shows how clueless you are. The biggest single factor which accounts for the high cost of real estate in DC is the 1910 Height of Building Acts. Basically, it limits the height of all buildings in DC to only 13 stories high. As a result, you see no skyscrapers in DC that every other major city has. What happens when you can't build up? You run out of room for office space and condos/apartments, which results in lower availability of commutable houses, hence increasing demand and price. God damn, you're a moron.

Look at all of the DC condo and apartment buildings. Think if all of those could be 40-50 stories high like in other major cities instead of 12-13 stories high. That would result in not tens, but hundreds of thousands of additional apartments and condos. What do you think that would do immediately to prices? They would drop faster than people's IQs after reading your posts.

I’m in DC now, I know and obviously you do not.

Congratulations. I lived in DC for ten years, and I assure you, having lived and owned a condo in one of those height-limited buildings, I know far more about this than you. Earning an income exceeding and being neighbors with high-earning federal employees, I assure you that I know far more about this than you, and the federal employee income database overwhelmingly proved that.

https://www.fedsdatacenter.com/federal-pay-rates/index.php?y=2017&n=&l=&a=&o=

I learned the big rollers are almost all doctors, and I assume mostly researchers given they work at NIH. I also saw that they could make a shitload more in the private sector. As for the tops of each department, I saw a lot of $187k at the tops of each. You and rifle can argue about that math, while I figure out how to earn $187k as a park ranger, because that would be awesome.

https://www.federalpay.org/employees/top-100.

Exactly. Earning $265,000 is significantly higher than earning $187,000. Even at the highest paying government agencies, the top earners aren't making as much as McCain did . . . and that's not even including his book and real estate income.

This kid is a fvcking moron. At least dog boy and Billy realize they are dumb and retreat by either not posting or claiming they made the errors on purpose. This moron continues to argue even though overwhelming evidence is put in front of his face.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Let’s see and we can assume most are located in DC since they are at the top of the house in each agency.

Top 100 FAA - average $203809
FDIC - average $266,478
IRS - average $185,331
FBI - average $169263
OCC- average $264,765
SEC - average $250,839
Nuclear Reg Comm avg $176108

I assume you know how averages work so this should tell you there are MANY fed employees pulling down those numbers.

I didn’t read your post. You type too much. Babble like a woman

Rifle

Your problem is, for what you lack in knowledge, you make up for with confidence.

Let’s see and we can assume most are located in DC since they are at the top of the house in each agency.

Top 100 FAA - average $203809
FDIC - average $266,478
IRS - average $185,331
FBI - average $169263
OCC- average $264,765
SEC - average $250,839
Nuclear Reg Comm avg $176108

I assume you know how averages work so this should tell you there are MANY fed employees pulling down those numbers.

I didn’t read your post. You type too much. Babble like a woman

You didn't read my post, yet you knew how to respond to it. So dumb and a liar. Not a good mix.

Lets just take one of these, the SEC, and look at their 4,591 employees. Do you want to know how many made more than McCain's estimated $265,000? Zero. Not a single employee at the SEC made more than McCain. In fact, only 1 out of the 4591 employees was even within $15,000 of McCain's income, not even counting his additional $145,000 from books/real estate.

Your comment wasn't just a little wrong but extraordinarily wrong.

In any case your 200% was wrong, period.

Still waiting for you to explain how approximately $410,000 in earnings isn't approximately 200% difference from a $140,000 estimate, moron.

No, when comparing incomes between people based on their salaries, it is illogical to look at one person's pre-tax income and another's post-tax income.

But I wouldn't expect you to understand that, Liarherdfan.
Post tax? Pre tax? I thought the income was not taxable you lying moron

McCain was a senator for 37 years. His salary was $174,000 for 8 of those years. When he started in the senate his salary was less than $70,000 a year. The salary for senators didn't break the $140,000 level until 2000, so McCain drew less than $140,000 for 20 years and more than that for 18 years. Therefore I'm willing to bet that $140,000 is pretty close to his average salary.

To mention the pension as additional income if fine. However, mentioning money he has made off book deals, speaking fees, real estate deals, etc. only serves to reinforce my point. All those earnings occur because he is a senator and stayed in there for 37 years. You think McCain is getting a bunch of book deals with 6 figure advances if he isn't a senator?

Reactions: raleighherdfan
He’s too stupid to realize many of his own comments support your position on The senator.

Post tax? Pre tax? I thought the income was not taxable you lying moron

Moron, "post-tax" refers to the income that isn't taxed (the pension). Would you rather have a $60,000 pension that isn't taxed or a $60,000 salary that is normally taxed? That's the point, moron.

You're comparing somebody's pre-tax income with basically a post-tax income (a pension, since it isn't taxed). It's illogical.

Are you still waiting for somebody else to defend you on twice claiming my 200% estimate was wrong? You should just go ahead and try answering it yourself. You can continue responding to Banker and other Republicans' posts, yet they won't acknowledge you or come to your defense when you make your usual stupid posts, moron.

Last edited:
McCain was a senator for 37 years. His salary was $174,000 for 8 of those years. When he started in the senate his salary was less than $70,000 a year. The salary for senators didn't break the $140,000 level until 2000, so McCain drew less than $140,000 for 20 years and more than that for 18 years. Therefore I'm willing to bet that $140,000 is pretty close to his average salary.

To mention the pension as additional income if fine. However, mentioning money he has made off book deals, speaking fees, real estate deals, etc. only serves to reinforce my point. All those earnings occur because he is a senator and stayed in there for 37 years. You think McCain is getting a bunch of book deals with 6 figure advances if he isn't a senator?

Not only were your numbers drastically off (by about 200%, as I said), but your argument doesn't have any logic to it.

You don't respect him because he used his solid earnings to amass wealth? What kind of fvcking capitalist are you? A person can't take a position in order to help somebody/something else if they are able to profit from it?

Moron, "post-tax" refers to the income that isn't taxed (the pension). Would you rather have a $60,000 pension that isn't taxed or a $60,000 salary that is normally taxed? That's the point, moron.

You're comparing somebody's pre-tax income with basically a post-tax income (a pension, since it isn't taxed). It's illogical.

Are you still waiting for somebody else to defend you on twice claiming my 200% estimate was wrong? You should just go ahead and try answering it yourself. You can continue responding to Banker and other Republicans' posts, yet they won't acknowledge you or come to your defense when you make your usual stupid posts, moron.
No it doesn’t liar.

Tax free is tax free

No it doesn’t liar.

Tax free is tax free

You're too stupid to understand this, but I was referencing "tax free" to being "post tax" since no taxes are taken out of it. I was explaining to you how dumb it was to compare two salaries - one being taxed and one not being taxed.

Now, are you going to explain your multiple attempts trying to correct me about the 200%, moron? I know you aren't used to people responding to you on here, so you keep stumbling over your excitement.

it is illogical to look at one person's pre-tax income and another's post-tax income.

So why were you attempting to do just that in your assertion?

He received 60k in tax free pension income......period. It was 60k pre tax and 60k after tax pension income. There should have been no mythical “30k” additional income added to your assertion of total income.

It would be just like if one is paid 60k in tax free income from muni bond investments. It’s 60k period. No one (logical) is running around claiming they make 90k in muni bond income when they were only paid 60.

Reactions: 19MU88

He received 60k in tax free pension income......period. It was 60k pre tax and 60k after tax pension income. There should have been no mythical “30k” additional income added to your assertion of total income.

It would be just like if one is paid 60k in tax free income from muni bond investments. It’s 60k period. No one (logical) is running around claiming they make 90k in muni bond income when they were only paid 60.
He is doing it because he can’t admit he misspoke (I’m being kind). My guess is someone has just taught junior about 401ks and Roths so he has learned about pre tax post tax and tax deferred. In any case, clearly something that is not taxed is neither pre tax nor post tax. He was wrong on his 200% and he is wrong on this, he’d rather lie than admit it.

McCain seemed to me to be the only senator worth a dime. He crossed the isle. He cared more about the country than the sorry republican and democratic parties. He left some great advice. Trump's true colors shined brightly even his yellow side.

Reactions: Marine03

Did you read the entire thread to see what was being compared/discussed?

Assuming all other things equal, what would you rather have: a regular $100,000 salary or an untaxed $100,000 pension?

Clearly, the latter. Why? Because the former is pre-tax and would lose a significant chunk of that $100,000, while the latter is essentially a post-tax amount since nothing will be taken out of it.

That's exactly what was being discussed- Banker questioned how somebody could make that much money compared with the salary number he gave. I showed him that he was about 200% wrong on his earnings estimate for McCain. Using somebody's salary as his earnings is illogical when he also has significant other income streams. Since he was already using a pre-tax number (McCain's congressional salary), it wouldn't make sense to throw the $60,000 figure on top of that congressional salary, because it would then appear that the entire $235,000 would be a pre-tax figure, when in reality, it wasn't. It would be more like a $265,000 pre-tax figure when considering the $60,000 not being taxed is similar to a regular $90,000 salary.

This isn't rocket science, in no way was I wrong, and anyone who has actually read the thread to see what was being discussed can see that. Your answer to my first question proves that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT