ADVERTISEMENT

Va Tech Game Thread

Either we're the worst 8-3 team in college football or VT is the best 5-6 team in college football. I wonder which statement could be true...

Our guys dont want to be there... No intensity.

We deserve to get embarrassed.

We just aren't as good as we convince ourselves. We won't learn either. We'll get article and article in the off season about this player and this position group. We'll crown ourselves off season champs again then when the season rolls around the position group that was supposed to be the deepest and most loaded it's ever been they'll disappoint.

And we wonder why people have stopped giving a shit about our football program.

Ive seen Marshall get blown out, seen us get embarrassed, but not wanting to even show up is inexcusable.

If Fuentes doesn't start to take his foot off we'll lose 50 something to 6-13. Maybe worse. They may drop 60.

And we wonder why people have stopped giving a shit about our football program.

Ive seen Marshall get blown out, seen us get embarrassed, but not wanting to even show up is inexcusable.

Man. It isn't that. VT came out olaying for their season and they are just that much better. It really is a cop out to say we are playing this way because we don't want to be there. Our RB is probably going to eclipse 200 yds. VT is just this much better than we are. Plain amd simple. Our WRs can't separate and our DBs couldn't keep up with their WRs if their guys were in a pool and ours were on the deck.

Typical Marshall ... nothing to play for so why play... all they know is they are going bowling.

Doc never gets the team ready for these type of games, playing flat, horrible play calling, defense reacting sooo sloooowww, overall team acts tired. Which makes me tired and really boring to watch

Reactions: ilmherdfan
As much as some people don't want to hear it, we are not a good football team. We are getting blown out by a 5-6 VT squad. Just because we go 8-3 in the weakest football conference doesn't mean we are any good. We beat bad teams to inflate our win total. When we play a mediocre team like VT, we show we are not competitive and dont have the same talent a mediocre team has. Doc has done little to elevate this program. We should not be this bad.

Soooo......to all of you that thought this was a great move by Mr. Hamrick. As the late great “Ravishing” Rick Rude would say, “hit the music Bobby.” We are simply stinking up the joint!

Reactions: RhinoD
Is anyone surprised our O line couldnt push a defense enough to get a half yard on 4th down?
If Doc ever calls a toss sweep on a short yardage play, I think I'll poop my pants. But, I'm sure going up the gut without Anderson having the ball is the way to go. I love sarcasm.

Soooo......to all of you that thought this was a great move by Mr. Hamrick. As the late great “Ravishing” Rick Rude would say, “hit the music Bobby.” We are simply stinking up the joint!

Except for bringing in a 67 year old basketball coach what has hamrick done well?

Man. It isn't that. VT came out olaying for their season and they are just that much better. It really is a cop out to say we are playing this way because we don't want to be there. Our RB is probably going to eclipse 200 yds. VT is just this much better than we are. Plain amd simple. Our WRs can't separate and our DBs couldn't keep up with their WRs if their guys were in a pool and ours were on the deck.

So we are potentially 50 points worse than a 5-6 VT team? Thats supposed to be some sort of justification for how incredibly inept we look?

Outside of two long runs by Knox has there been a play where our guys looked excited and/or fired up?

I dont know what is being said in our locker room at halftime, but it wont be harsh enough. The time for - Woe is us, everything is fine, everyone gets to go to Dairy Queen after an ass whoopin - are over.

Light them up one side and down the other or put their tails on the bench in the second half.

Yep this is embarrassing. We could not afford to have any turnovers. And defensively their receivers are just better than our secondary. On the bright side Knox and King will be fun next year.

Reactions: ilmherdfan
Except for bringing in a 67 year old basketball coach what has hamrick done well?

Before Mike got here basketball AND football were after thoughts. Our seasons were over before they got to the midway point.

That IPF we got. No one ever believed we'd get that. Now we're getting a baseball stadium which we have never had an no one ever seriously thought we would.

Our sports are better off now than when he took over. We actually have reason to have expectations to be mad about not achieving. Before just making a bowl caused celebration.

I'm not saying we're super great, but to think Mike Hamrick hasn't improved our situation greatly since his arrival is blinded by irrational fandom.

So we are potentially 50 points worse than a 5-6 VT team? Thats supposed to be some sort of justification for how incredibly inept we look?

Outside of two long runs by Knox has there been a play where our guys looked excited and/or fired up?

I dont know what is being said in our locker room at halftime, but it wont be harsh enough. The time for - Woe is us, everything is fine, everyone gets to go to Dairy Queen after an ass whoopin - are over.

Light them up one side and down the other or put their tails on the bench in the second half.

I'm just saying we aren't losing because of effort. Look at how we're still swarming to the ball. We're losing because we're just not nearly as good as we believe.

Also no one is sayi g "woe is us". Facts are facts. We are not as deep or good as we want to believe.

Just like basketball. We beat up on teams at our level, but when we step up to significantly better competition we crap the bed.

I'm not saying that Hamrick won't get the money raised to build the long awaited and many times announced baseball stadium, but I'll believe it is for real when I'm sitting in the ballpark watching the first pitch.

Back to the football program, if Hamrick cares about the program, he'll make the head coaching change. At the very least, he needs to start making plans, raising money, etc. for the next head coach and tell Doc that there won't be another contract extension.

Reactions: RhinoD
Its time to put in the second string offense... This game is over. Dont get anyone hurt and disperse the rest of the snaps accordingly.

3rd and 1 we throw a pass after rushing like we did the first half.... hahahahahaha

I knew we hired bill Legg 2.0

I wonder what the record for lowest attended home game in Lane stadium is? This has to be it!

2nd thought : I’m glad we played the 12th game. One more for the seniors and an additional confidence builder for Knox. We will prob be competitive in our bowl game, playing a team with less talent....

Absolutely horrible play call. We barely needed a yard. Line up and go forward!

We tried to run the ball on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 in the first half and couldn't get a first down on either attempt.
Same result here in the red zone. Cannot go east -west on a speedy defense! No imagination ! Why not a play action short pass? Couldn’t do that - it is just not in Doc’s DNA to be creative.....

Same result here in the red zone. Cannot go east -west on a speedy defense! No imagination ! Why not a play action short pass? Couldn’t do that - it is just not in Doc’s DNA to be creative.....
He had to go east and west because the O line was pushed into the backfield. There was no option to run it north and south.

Last edited:
Playcalling is on Cramsey... I have been pretty much okay with how we have run the offense most of the year. But today has been a tape to throw in the garbage.

Reactions: johns_1124
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT